02

The Classical Elements : Aether

Today is August 12th. It was her last day in Korea. Cheonsa was in her bathroom, getting ready to go to Chronic Acadamey, in front of the mirror and double checking if she looked good or not. She smoothed out her dark blue skirt, making sure there were no ruffles, and held onto her duffle bag that was hanging loose on the floor. She inhaled and sighed. "Today's the day," she told herself. "I got this. I can do this."  

Cheonsa told herself before being interrupted by her mother. "Hunny, may I come in?" She knocked on the door before opening it. "Everyone's waiting downstairs for you." She said smiling sympathetically, knowing it's a bit harsh on Cheonsa to be leaving to a different country.

"Yeah I know," Cheonsa smiled, trying to brighten up the mood "Come on, let's get downstairs." 

Cheonsa walked downstairs to a warm atmosphere.

"Hey Cheonsa !" Ah-reum said, as she got up to hug the younger girl. "I'm gonna miss you so much." She said before letting go. Everyone knew how close Ah-reum and Cheonsa were, so they didn't bother interrupting.

"Me too." Cheonsa said with a slight pout.

"Kids! Come eat! I made Kimbap!" Cheonsa's mother notified as everyone rushed over to the kitchen. 

Before they knew it, the goodbye party was over. Cheonsa sighed for the tenth time that day as she bid her last goodbye to Ah-reum. "Come on, let's get inside to get your things. Your flight leaves at 3." Her father said hugging his daughter. "Okay!" Cheonsa said cheerfully. 

She said her goodbyes to her parents and hugged them as if there was no tomorrow.

"Aigoo, my child is finally grown up," her mother teased as she chuckled, turning away to wipe her tears. "Mom," Cheonsa whined, "I'm a big girl now. It's not like my first day of school!" She laughed and pushed her mother on the shoulder lightly.

"We know hunny. We're happy for you. We're going to miss you," her father said, kissing her forehead. "Hurry! Your flight's taking off in 10 minutes!"

She ran towards the door and looked back one more time to wave goodbye. "Saranghaeyo!" She yelled out. 

 


Cheonsa arrvied at the China's airport, a bit lost a confused until she found a sign that read, "Yang CheonSa - Chronic Acadamey". She quickly walked up to the person holding the sign.

"I'm Cheonsa." She said to the female.

"Hello! I'm Secretary Choi from Chronic Acadmey. Follow me," Secretary Choi said as she lead Cheonsa.

They got into a black car in which was the lastest model. 'Wow! Nice car.' Cheonsa thought.

The driver opened the door for both Cheonsa and Secretary Choi and took Cheonsa's bags, putting them in the trunk. The car ride was kind of awkward, because Secretary Choi didn't say much in the car. She soon then got a call, and picked up her phone.

"Hello," she said with a soft voice.

"Have you've picken up the girl yet?" The person on the other line asked.

"Yes, I have, sir," she replied.

"Good, but remember she doesn't know who she is. Please try not to freak her out."

Secretary Choi nodded, "Yes, I'll make sure of that, Mr. Sooman."

The phone call ended shortly, and Cheonsa wondered what they were talking about as Secretary Choi didn't voice what the conversation was about. A few mintues later, they arrived at the school. Cheonsa couldn't believe her eyes. Chronic Acadmey was bigger than she expected it to be. Buildings built on buildings and floating rocks.

"Are those, floating rocks?" Cheonsa asked in amazement.

"It's our experiments here at Chronic Acadmey. Don't freak out. It's not real," Secrutary Choi assured her, but the fact is that those rocks were floating rocks. "Follow me." She ordered. Cheonsa grabbed her bags and followed her closely, still in awe of the school. Everything felt like a dream to her.

"In here," Secrutary Choi said, opening the door for her. The door had a golden plate on the front that wrote, 'Principle Sooman'.

Cheonsa gulped, tightening the grip on her bags. 'It's okay Cheonsa~ Everything will be fine.' She told herself in her mind. She held her breath and walked in to see a tall broad man, in his late 40's, sitting in a big black chair.

He stood up and bowed, "Hello, please, sit down." He pointed at the chair in front of him. Cheonsa obeyed and sat down after bowing. He introduced himself and moved on to talk about her resume. "Yang CheonSa, only daughter of Yang Jin-Ho and Kim Kyu. GPA of 5.2, been on the A honor roll over dozens of times. You are a blood type A and joined in sports?" He stated, ending it with a question.

"N-ne," Cheonsa stuttered a bit, "I was in volleyball and basketball in middleschool and continued throughout my highschool years."

"I see," Principle Sooman continued rereading the resume itself.

"Excuse me, Principle Sooman, if you don't mind me asking, how did I happen to get accepted in Chronics Acadamey when I didn't apply up for it?" Cheonsa asked shyly.

He smiled, "The schools you applied for transferred your resume over to Chronics after reading your resume." She only nodded back. 

He stood up and grabbed a remote control off of the coffee table. He clicked a button and the screen on the projecter . It showed a cafeteria as big as a football field. "This is the Cafeteria. Here, you will eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner." Cheonsa nodded, admiring how big the room was. He switched the screen; the photo showed a gym with two doors on each end of the same wall and two other doors. One that wrote in bold blue, 'BOY' and one in bold dull pink, 'GIRL'. "This, of course, is the gym, and on each side is the different locker rooms. The other door leads to the Workout room, where most people goes to work out after school or on their break." The picture changed to the what seemed the Workout room. The average treadmills, dumbells, and other things that would be in a workout room. "This door leads you to the swimming pool." The swimming pool was huge. There was a sauna and hot tub, but Principle Sooman made it clear it was prohibited during school hours.

He continued around the whole campus until it came to the dorms. "Every dorm has each sections to divide people. There is Section A, Section E, Section F, & Section W. Once it is nightfall, no one is allowed to trespass to different sections. If you are caught trespassing, you will be taken to me without futher warning, and you will get kicked out. Do I make myself clear?" He asked turning off the projecter.

"Yes sir," Cheonsa answered, nodding her head.

"Okay, good. Here are your uniforms, and this is your room number and key." He handed her a zipped bag with nice folded skirt and shirt and a card key inside. "Secretary Choi will show you the way to your dorm. You are in Section A." 

Cheonsa bowed smiling. "Thank you." She was excited to start her journey around the school. She turned around as Secretary Choi held the door open for her. 

 

 

Secretary Choi showed her how to swipe the door open with the card, and aside from the fact that Cheonsa already knew, Cheonsa paid close attention. "And here you have it. This will be your room. I hope everything goes well for you. There's a bathroom to the left. Down the hall is your bedroom, and to your right is the kitchen. The table is over by the corner. Make sure you close the balcony door and windows when you sleep. It's getting a little chilly nowadays."

Cheonsa's eyes sparkled at the clean floor and carpet, and how comfortable she would be on that nice couch. For a dorm, this place is as big and wealthy as a hotel room. "You don't start school just yet. Today is actually a Friday, so everything isn't closed until 11 pm. The library and swimming pool and other activities will be open for you. Make sure to look around and get use to the area. Your textbooks and everything else will be downstairs for you tomorrow at the main office. Don't forget to pick them up. Try to get there by 8. That's all I have to say. If you need anything else or any help at all, the phone is right there, and make sure you call the front office." Secretary Choi said before leaving.

"Thank you," Cheonsa bowed as she left. She raised her head with a smile. Just how much better can this get?

The Secretary walked down the long hallway until she realized she had forgotten to mention something. She proceeded to turn around, but forgot what it was that she was supposed to say. She shrugged the thought away and walked back to her office.

Cheonsa walked around her new dorm. It was too bad that she didn't have a roommate. She walked down the hall into the room and dropped her stuff on the bed. The room was a long room. There were 2 twin beds on each side of the room. She laid down on her back and looked at the wall. The wall color was white, pure white to be exact. Strange.

She stood up and decided to start unpacking. She sighed, holding a photo frame with a photo of her parents inside. She smiled and placed it on the drawer top. She noticed something in the corner of her eye. Slightly afraid to turn her head to look, since she was alone, she stood in her position, frozen. Going with her guts, she turned to her right to see a teddy bear. She sighed in relief and walked towards the bed. She found someone's clothes and backpack under the bed.

"Did someone leave their stuff here?" Cheonsa muttered, picking up the things. "I'll put it away just incase they come back for it." Creepy. She walked to the closet and threw the things up there before returning to unpacking.

After finishing unpacking, she laid back down on her new bed. Her lids began to fall heavy until she realized that she should go take a shower. Forcing herself up, she let out a tired groan. She took her towel and headed to the the bathroom.

Trying to find the light, Cheonsa felt the wall until she felt the switch. Turning the switch up, the flash of the bright light shined throughout the room. She walked in to see the bathroom as big as her old room. There was enough space to dance in there if she wanted to. Amazed, Cheonsa began to look if they had Shampoo and Conditioner. Of course, they did, except the bottle was already half used. Weird. She entered the shower and began washing herself. 

She laid on the bed with her hair half dried as she was dressed in shorts and a big tee. She touched her phone to see what was new on Facebook and Instagram.

Nothing.

She sighed and decided to sleep for now. She turned over and wraped the blanket around herself. Her eye lids, again, fell heavy as her head fell onto the pillow. 

 

 

The 2 couples are walking back in the dark, chatting and smiling happily as one of the girl turned to look at something. A confused expression crossed upon her face.

"What's wrong?" The boy asked. His hair was damped in black, recently dyed as a sweat drops falls from his side burns to his cheek. "Hey, Zelo, before I left, didn't I turn off the lights in my dorm?" She asked, facing him.

"Is that window your dorm?" The Zelo boy questioned, pointing at the only window that had its lights on.

"Yeah, mine is always the last one on the fifth row." She said nodding.

"Wait, I thought you said you don't have a room mate?" He asked confused.

"Yeah! That's the point dummy! I'm saying, before we went to the gym, I didn't leave the lights on, and I don't have a room mate. So that could only mean one thing?" She said literally face-palming herself.

"Oh!" He said realizing. "Should I go inside with you?"

She looked at Zelo and exchanged looks before glancing at her window. "Well, I probably just forgot to turn it off! I think I left my room lights on." The worried look upon her face was no longer there and she turned to him. "Bye !"

Zelo smiles and pulls her into a hug, "Okay. See ya."

She makes a face, "Zelo...?" She said looking into his eyes.

He answers with a "Hm?"

She looked into his eyes and smiles ever so gently.

"What?" He asked, blushing.

"I want you to know something.." She grinned.

He chuckled. "What... is it?" He said as his grip on her loosens. "You're like.. Super sweaty." She laughed.

He chuckled, "It's okay! You are too!" 

They both stopped hugging and waved to eachother. "Bye Zelo!" she waved walking ahead.

"Bye Hei Ryung!" He said, watching her walk away. 

Hei Ryung impatiently took the stairs, because the elevator was taking too long. She walked to her dorm and swiped the card. She carefully went in and put her shoes away, not noticing the unfamilar pair of shoes next to hers. She dragged her feet to the fridge and opened it up before making a face, because there was nothing in the fridge for her to munch on. She dragged her feet to the bathroom to take a shower and head to bed.  

It's been 5 minutes that she couldn't find her shampoo and conditioner anywhere!

"Where the heck is it?" Hei Ryung muttered. "You know what? Forget it. I'm not going to shower." She walked out of the bathroom, annoyed. "First, theres nothing to eat, and now, my shampoo and conditioner grew legs and ran off? Jinjja. What's next?" She said, walking pass the hallway. The light in her room that cracked in between the door caught her attention. She walked back and went to turn off the lights without looking in the room. 

 

 

It's been an hour and Hei Ryung is still sitting there clueless on what to do. The evening is nice, no cloud up in the sky. It was a Friday night for godsake, and she really had no friends to hang out with. They're all either in Section E or F. She sighed and decided to just go to sleep. It's midnight, and it'll be reasonable to sleep now. She yawned and headed to bed. Without turning on the lights, she opened the door and walked to her bed. 

She takes off her sweater and threw it to god-knows-where and crawled onto her bed, only to be stopped by something hard underneath her blanket. "What the-" She began to panick gets up.

Hei Ryung hears a slight groan, "5 more minutes, mom." A female's voice came from  her bed.

She ran to turn on the lights, but falls half way creating a big thump. "Ouch," she winced in pain.

Cheonsa, hearing that, shot up from the bed to look at pitch black darkness. "Who's there?" Cheonsa asks in fright.

"Ouch..." Hei Ryung continues crying about her fall. Hei Ryung got up as fast as she could and walked to the light to turn it on. 

There stood a small, innocent looking girl, squinting at Hei Ryung, making out her figure.

"W-What are you doing in my dorm?" Cheonsa stuttered, getting up.

"Me? In your dorm? This is my dorm! What are you doing in my dorm?" Hei Ryung questioned, sitting on the other bed rubbing her leg.

"Huh? This is your dorm?" Cheonsa asked in confusion. 

 


 

[A/N] Chapter 2 is up, I'm trying to write as much as I can now. So many good stories I have at the moment. But please give this one lots of love also. Thank you for reading. Also don't forget to subscribe and thanks to my co-author @YYSdyno for helping out with the story too. Chapter 3 will be done shortly.  

[CA/N] Jello guise! I was just introduced to the story and fell in love with it. I hope you guys will continue reading and supporting this story! Thank you and enjoy <3 No Silent Readers! 

(c)My6TeenOnTop for editing my story! LOTS of love to her, please check out her stories too.