01

The Classical Elements : Aether

The sun rose as Cheonsa got out of bed, gettting ready for her morning jog. She headed downstairs to grab some breakfest before her jog.

"Morning, darling. I got your favorite pancakes on the stove, hot and ready." Her mother said from the kitchen. "Be right there mom." Cheonsa said as she put her shoes on.

She entered the kitchen with a bright morning smile and sat down on her favorite seat. "Have you gotten any reply from the colleges yet." Cheonsa sadly sighed "Nope, none." She said. "Do you think my resume wasn't good enough?" 

Cheonsa's mother layed the pancakes on a plate and handed it to her, "You are the smartest girl I know. Anyone college would love to have you. Maybe the mailing is just late."

Cheonsa stuffed some pancakes in . "I hope so. It's the last day of high school, and all my friends already got there acceptions for their chosen college besides me," she said with a frown.

All her mother could do was chuckle. "You look horrible like that, eat your breakfest properly."

Cheonsa finished her last bite and gave her mom a kiss on the cheek before she headed out for her jog. "I'll just go straight to school after my jog, mother." Cheonsa yelled from the door. "Alright! See you later. Be safe!" her mother hollered back from the kitchen while cleaning up. 

 

The sky was clear and the sun was shining bright. Cheonsa began her normal jog as she walked down the steps of her house. About ten minutes into her jog, she met up with her friend Ah-reum. "Hi Ah-reum!" Cheonsa greeted. "Hey! Goodmorning." Ah-reum said. "Did you get an accecption yet?" Ah-reum asked as Cheonsa gave her a frown in return, and sighed. "Sadly no. Maybe it's the mailing process. I just hope I get into Seoul University." 

"You will difinitely get in! Your GPA is, like, above average, and your IQ is like, daebak! Who would not want you?" Ah-reum cheered her up. "Let's hope so." Cheonsa replied as they came in front of Ah-reum's house. "Mind if I take a ride with you?" Cheonsa asked. "Sure, why not? Let me go get my things first."

After a few mintues Ah-reum came out, and they headed to school in her car.

As they entered the gates of Seoul High school, all the memories of the school came flooding back into Cheonsa's mind. She had lots of fun at this school. Knowing she met all her friends here and all the fun memories she had, like that time when she got in trouble for beating up a kid, because he was picking on a lower grade student. All the moments she spent here will soon be just memories.

"I'm going to miss this school," Cheonsa said as they entered the school. "Me too! I can't believe school is done, and college is just months away." Ah-reum said. Cheonsa agreed with Ah-reum.

The bell rang, and Cheonsa said goodbye to Ah-reum before she went to class, but first, she stopped at the office to see what was up with the college acceptions.

"Hi, Mrs.Park." Cheonsa greeted as she entered the office. Mrs.Park looked up from her desk. "Oh hi, Cheonsa. What can I do for you?" Mr. Park asked. "Ummmm, I was wondering if you can check to see if I got into any college. I haven't recevied a letter yet."

"Oh sure, honey. They should have sent you one by now, but I'll check for you." After a few mintues into looking it up for Cheonsa, Mrs. Park's face showed of concern. "I'm sorry, but nothing is here. Are you sure you turned in your applications?" She asked.

Cheonsa looked surprised. "I'm sure I did. I even came to the office personally and turned them in."

"Hrmm, well they don't seem to be here. Why don't you wait to see if there is any mail? And if by the next week you don't receive one, call me and I'll send you the application papers again. How does that sound?" she suggested.

Cheonsa felt sad suddnely. She did all those paper work for nothing, it seems. She just gave Mrs.Park a slight nod and headed out the office. If she didn't get into Seoul University, she's screwed. The last thing she wanted to do is get into a bad Univeristy. And Seoul was the best of all colleges in Korea.

 

 

   At lunch, Cheonsa's spirit was low. She felt as if she could faint at any moment. Ah-reum gave half of her food to Cheonsa. "Cheonsa-ah don't worry. I'm sure it's just the mailing. You will definitely get in." Ah-reum said as she rubbed Cheonsa's back.

Cheonsa blinked back to reality. "You're right. I shouldn't feel so gloomy. I know that I turned in my applications, and I have the best IQ. It's just the mailing." Convincing herself that it was just the mailing made her feel a little better.

After lunch, Cheonsa had study hall. She spent the next hour studying for college exams and tests. She definitely didn't need to study for college yet, but she passed all her classes, and there was nothing left for her to do. Cheonsa was at the top of her school: A very smart and bright student, but such a small thing can bring this girl down like hell.

The bell rang, and that was the sign that school is finally over, over for her. She couldn't be any sadder but happy at the same time. "Come on, Cheonsa. Are you going or not?" Ah-reum peaked in her class. "Yeah, I'm coming right now." Cheonsa said and gathered her things together.

"Have a great summer, Mrs. Choi, I'll miss you!" Cheonsa hollered as she left the room. "You have a great one too!" Mrs. Choi said back.

Ah-reum drove Cheonsa home. "Want to do something fun before we go home?" Ah-reum asked. "I want to go check if I've got any mail, how does tomorrow sound?" Cheonsa replied.

Ah-reum chuckled, "This girl! Alright then. See you tomorrow. I'll call you." She dropped Cheonsa off.

Cheonsa waved goodbye and went inside. "Mom, I'm home!" Cheonsa yelled as she walked in. "Hi, honey. There's mail for you on the table." Her mother yelled from the kitchen. Cheonsa ran as fast as she could to the table and looked through the mail. She found one with her name on it and looked at it. It read 'Chronic Acadmey' she opened it up and it read:

 

 Dear Ms.Cheonsa Yang,

      As the head of Chronic Acadmey, we congratule you on getting accepted into our school. We are very excited to have you here. You're resume was the best out of hundreds of students that have applied. Know that you will be living in dorms. Books and everything else will be given to you on the first day of school. A plane ticket will be sent to you shortly, and again, we are much excited for your arrvial.

P.S.

First day of school will be on August 12, 2014. Hope to see you soon!

Sincerely yours,

Headmaster, Lee Soo Man of Chronic Acadmey.

 

The letter gave Cheonsa a big shock. She had never applied for Chronic Academy nor did she think that she would get in. "Mom!!!" She yelled from the living room.

"Yes, honey?" Her mother replied, walking into the living room. Cheonsa showed the letter to her mother, still half shocked about her acception into the school. Chronic Acadmey was one of the largest Universites in Asia, even more educated than Seoul University. The thought of going there excited her, but she also wondered how she got in. As mentioned, she didn't even apply for that school.

"Honey! This is great! Chronic is such a great school. You'll get new exprenices" Her mother hugged her.

"But mom, I've never applied for this school. How did I manage to get in?" Cheonsa asked in curiostiy.

"Maybe, the schools you applied to gave your resume to Chronic. Your IQ was probably too high." Her mother paused. "As long as you got in a University. Be happy that you're going to college." Her mother said happily.

"I guess, but still! I'm surprised I got into Chronic Acadmey. This is a miracle." Cheonsa said.

"I'll  cook you a great dinner tonight. I'm so happy to hear you getting accepted into Chronic. It'll be a great experenice. You've been in Korea for too long, and the fact that your father is coming home too!" Her mother said in excitment. At the mention of Cheonsa's father, a smile came on her face.

"Father's coming home?" She said in excitment. "Could this day get any better?" 

   

 

Cheonsa helped her mother with dinner, and soon her father came through the door.

"I'm home!" He hollered from the front door.

"Dad!!!" Cheonsa shouted of glee, coming from the kitchen and gave him a big hug. "I've missed you!" Cheonsa's dad gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I've missed you too, darling."

"Hi, honey," Cheonsa's mother gave her husband a kiss on the lips as Cheonsa gave her parents a look. "I've got dinner ready." She said and hung his coat. "Wash up, and come down for dinner." Cheonsa's dad nodded back and headed upstairs. 

A few mintues later, her father came down stairs for dinner. A whole table of food was laid out. "Wow. What's with all the food?" He asked.

Cheonsa's mother gave her a look, and she nodded. "I got accpected into Chronic Acadmey." She said to her father. "Really!? That's great! Congratulations, honey! I am so proud of you!" He said and came to give her a kiss on the head. He then moved back to his seat. "I was surprised to get in too."

The Yang family enjoyed there meal that night. After dinner, Cheonsa called up Ah-reum and told her that she'd gotten into Chronic Acadmey. Ah-reum was pretty shocked and sad at the same time, since Chronic Acadmey wasn't in Korea. It was close but not close enough. Ah-reum was still pretty happy that Cheonsa got in. They spent the night talking on the phone for hours, talking about college and how much they'll miss eachother, and about boys. Cheonsa was excited to go to Chronic Acadmey, although she still wondered how she got in, knowing that she had never applied for the school.

 

 Summer break had already come to an end. Cheonsa spent most of her summer at the beach with all of her friends. College was in a few days, and she couldn't be even happier. All of her friends were sad that she'll be going to school out of the country, but she promised that she'll come visit them whenever she's on break, or at least, work something out. At first she couldn't believe that she had gotten accpected into Chronic Acadmey, but when the plane ticket arrived, she was more convinced then.

   Getting accpected into Chronic Acadmey was one, but what she doesn't know is what lies before her.

 


 

    HELLO! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I couldn't express

how excited I was to write this story. Please give it alot of love

and stay tuned for more!

(c)My6TeenOnTop for editing my story! LOTS of love to her, please check out her stories too.