it's nothing

passing thoughts

it was a very plain room with only the things that were really needed. there were no decorations or pictures. just a plain stand up mirror that showed every imperfection of everything. the floors were made of a cold, hard wood that never seemed to get warm, no matter how high the heater was on. clothes of monochrome colors lay sprawled on the floor messily, loosing their warmth slowly. on the bed lie bodies, one of which was the broken half of the two. with their arms and legs entangled with each other, they whispered among themselves. tuesday morning's blue lit light pressed against the white blinds, signifying it was almost time for him to go home. but he didn't want to go home, and neither did she. so they continued to lie amongst the rising sun and talk about what made them sad, or happy. something that just gives them a general feeling. they talked about their fears, their weaknesses. they opened up to each other, though it's become this routine thing. every story was a repetition of the last, but that didn't bother them at all. but today, knew ideas bled through her pillow, and she couldn't help but speak them out loud.

"jungkook," she asked. he replied with a soft "hm" and continued to run his fingers through her long, black hair. she tightened her grip around his waist before speaking. "have you ever thought about drowning. how when the oceans salty cold water fills up your lungs and you cannot breath. how for a moment you'll be suspended in water, frozen. how your last thoughts just slip away like the last bubble of air that leaves your lips. "how you'll float to the top, your back facing the grey skies. and your hair floating around your head." she sighed, catching her breath a bit. "what a way to go." jungkook became upset over the thought. not the kind where, like her father, he would throw things around, call people nasty names, and in general hurt her. it was the kind of upset where his face became hot and tears that he tried to hold in threatened to spill out from his eyes. in his throat he felt a lump in which the simple act of "clearing-ones-throat" wouldn't work, but make it obvious. he was afraid to speak for his voice might be like her soul, cracked and weak. there was nothing he could do. no matter how hard he had tried to mend it. so he held on tighter to her, ran his fingers through her hair, and kissed her forehead. for after she had fallen asleep, quite quickly.

or so he thought.

"jungkook, don't worry. it was just a passing thought."


hello all ~ 

the above short story was previously posted on my instagram @yongguks and i was too ing lazy to retype it you feel me? oh and i prefer not capitalizing my senteces and the names of people because i find it faster to type and i've become acustomed as to how it looks ~ my apologies if non-capitalization (?) bugs you.

anyways, i hope you enjoyed it! 

constructive criticism is welcome!

-celestine