Too Good To Last

Distance and Time

Chapter 2

Arron's cute, boyish face came into focus before me as I opened my eyes the next morning. I smiled as I removed my hand from where it had been resting on his chest to brush a stray piece of hair from his face. As always I was left breathless by how perfect he was, he was so handsome and yet still had the look on an innocent child as he slept. I allowed my fingers to trace their way over the familiar features, his eyebrows, his nose, his soft pink lips...

♪Anata ga soba ni iru shiawase...♪
Startled by the sound of my alarm I quickly jerked my hand away from his face, and fumbling in the dim light managed to stop the noise.

I'm not sure if it was from the alarm or my sudden movement but at that moment Arron's eyelids fluttered before opening to reveal his warm sparkling eyes.

'Mianhae (Sorry), I didn't mean to disturb you,' I said quickly, echoing his words from the prievious night.

Arron only smiled, he didn't need words to express himself to me. I blushed under the intensity of his gaze. [Is there something on my face? Have I been drooling? Crap I bet my hair looks like a complete mess]. I looked up as I felt his hand move from my waist to brush gently against my cheek leaving lines of tingling warmth where they had been.

I could have stayed like that for hours but my stomache it seems has other plans. It growled loudly, reminding me that I hadn't eaten since the prievious evening. I sighed softly, with my appetite I really don't understand how I am so small. Arron laughed quietly, the beautiful sound mesmerising me instantly.

'Breakfast?' he proffered, his eyes still twinkling.

'Uhuh' I agreed, unwillingly pulling myself out of his warm embrace and making my way down the hall towards the bathroom.
-----------------
Feeling awake and refreshed from my shower, I changed into a pair of black leggins and a simple t-shirt and made my way back to the bedroom. I throw my pajamas back onto the bed where Arron was still lying and sat down at my dressing table, towelling my hair dry.

'Your turn' I smiled at Arron in the mirror.

He didn't say anything, only pulled the covers closer around himself and burried his face into my pillow.

'Pfft some boyfriend! Looks like i'l just have to eat breakfast alone then,' I bluffed, sighing theatrically and trying not to laugh at his cute behaviour.

That did the trick, Arron scrambled out of bed and hurried to the bathroom flashing his large puppy dog eyes at me as he passed.

This time I made no attempts to hide my laughter as I watched him leave the room. Arron was one of the few people in the world that truely understood me, one of the few people that actually saw me for who I really am not just the person I'm made out to be. [Is it really too much to ask] I thought as I dragged the brush through my still damp hair, [to be able to see each other every day like a normal couple can? To be able to go on dates without paparazzi tagging along like an unwanted third wheel.] But I know it can't be like that. We were both aware of what we were giving up when we started our careers even if at the time we didn't truely understand the consequences. Anyway Arron has his band members to think about not just himself, and I have my American debut. I know if I take a break now, even just for a month or so, then the years of recording, hours of struggling to master english, will all go to waste. I know I should be grateful that Arron was given this time off to come and visit me but I still can't help longing that we could just be together like a normal couple.

I finish brushing my hair and draping my towel over the back of the chair I make my way downstairs. Both the kitchen and the living room are empty, my english tutor must have already gone out. [We have the house all to ourselves]. My heart flutters inside my chest at the thought.

I make a cup of coffee as I wait for Arron to come down and head into the living room where I turn on the T.V and flick through the channels, eventually settling for an old episode of Friends.
---------------
I had just finished my drink when Arron came down the stairs. I smiled at him just to have my heart set racing as he stood, looking extremely handsome, in just a pair of grey joggers with a towel draped around his shoulders. I watched as a droplet of water fell from the tip of his hair and ran down his strong, smooth chest. I sudenly realised my mouth was open and hastened to close it, silently chastising myself. [God BoA get a grip on yourself. You've been dating him for almost a year now, this isn't exactly the first time you've seen him without a top on].

'Friends?' Arron asked, nodding his head towards the T.V.

'Ya, how did you know?' I was pretty sure friends hadn't been airing when he used to live in New York as a child.

'Oh, Chun and Calvin are obsessed with it,' Arron laughed as he came and settled himself next to me on the sofa.

I rested my head on his shoulder as he put his arm around me. We sat together for a while happily watching the T.V untill my stomache angrily growled again.

'Breakfast' I stated, standing and making my way to the kitchen. I filled the kettle and spooned instant coffee into two cups then gazed absent mindedly out of the window as I waited for the kettle to boil.

'BoA's making coffee! I thought you always claimed to be unable to cook?' Arron's voice drifted from behind me.

'I think even I can manage ceral' I laughed as I felt his arms close around my waist from behind as his head came to rest on top of mine.

'But you hate cereal'.

'I know, I do but we outta strawberries and my trainer says I gotta eat healthy now because I've got a performance coming up soon. No more ramen for breakfast' I pouted.
----------------
'So anything you wanna do today?' I asked as we strolled through the streets of L.A hand in hand. To passersbye we must just look like a regular young couple. The thought made me smile. It felt nice to be able to go out together, to enjoy ourselves without having to worry about crazy fans or paparazzi.

'Hmm... I don't mind. Just to spend time with you is enough,' Arron kissed my cheek.

I felt the heat rise in my face. 'Ya! We're in public!' I exclaimed although secretly I'm happy.

Arron just laughed. I swear that boy can see right through me.

'What would you recommend?'

'Huh, why do I have to do everything?' I wined while inside I racked my brains for something origional or romantic to do. Nothing came to me. My mind was completely blank.

'You're the one that lives here, you know better than me what there is to do' he replied calmly.

'Aish, you gotta at least tell me what you feel like doing, like shopping or go see a movie', I said buying myself time as I still tried to think of something.

'Well why don't we go get a drink or somehting and we can decide then?' As usual Arron had the answer to everything.

'Can I take you to K-Town?' I say excitedly, 'there's a really nice coffee show I wanna show you there.'

I didn't wait for an answer as I hailed a cab and pulled Arron in behind me whilst giving the driver the adress in my best american accent. I thought I'd done a pretty good job, at least untill Arron spoke sounding like he'd lived in the States his entire life.

'K-Town? Like China town?'

'Uh huh. It's like where all the Korean stuff is. I like it there.'

We faded comfortably back into silence for the remainder of the short journey, both looking out of the windows at the now familiar streets.
-----------------
'$10', the cab driver's rough voice cut into my daydreaming.

'No need', Arron said to me as I reached into my bag for my purse. Looking up I saw the driver's large fist already closing around the note Arron handed him.

'Thanks' I muttered as I clambered out of the cab after him. I could feel the driver's eyes on me and it was making me feel uneasy. America still scared me at times.

'It's only fair' Arron said as I shut the door behind me and watched the cab drive away, 'You're gunna pay for the coffee'.

I slapped his arm playfully before taking hold of his hand again.

'Just when I was starting to think you had learned to be a gentleman!'

'Dream on' came his reply as he playfully poked my nose with his free hand.

I crinkled my nose at his touch and pretended to try bite his finger in revenge. We were both laughing. I felt much better now we were in K-Town. Now that I was surrounded by tanned asian faces and the bable of Korean voices. I no longer felt like a stranger, like the odd one out.
----------------
'Ahnyoungsaeyo' came the familiar greeting as we stepped into the welcoming little coffee shop. I exchanged greetings with Cherry, one of the regular waitresses as I led Arron to my usual table by the window.

'So what can I get you to drink? The usual?' Cherry asked me as we sat down before quickly repeating the question in english upon seeing the confused look on Arron's face.

'Umm ya an Iced Vanilla Latte please,' I replied.

'Just a regular Cappuchino for me' Arrons smiled politely.

'Coming right up' Cherry cheerily said as she finished writing down our orders. Looking up she winked at me and said in Korean, ' Wow, cute guy. You're boyfriend?'

'Nae (yes)' I blushed a deep shade of crimson.

Giggling, Cherry left our table and went to get our drinks, leaving Arron staring questioningly at my flushed face.

'Nothing' I muttered answering his unvoiced question.

One glance at his face told me he didn't believe me but to my relief he didn't press the matter.
----------
'Oppa' I said suddenly, breaking the silence that had crept between us as we sat sipping our drinks.

'Hmm?' Arron raised his eyes from his mug to meet mine.

'Let's go to see the new Harry Potter movie', I clapped my hands excitedly like a little kid. It's official. I BoA Kwon am a complete Harry Potter nerd!

'Whatever', he smirked at my childish behaviour.

'Yaho!' I made a V sign with my fingers. Usually I would have argued at such a response and insisted that we could do something Arron would prefer instead but the truth was I hadn't had time to see this movie yet and I was litterally going to cry if I didn't get to see it.
------------
As promised Arron made me pay for the coffee. I pretended to be upset, pouting and flashing him my best puppy dog eyes but in reality I couldn't care less.

Taking Arron's large hand in my own I dragged him out of the door and began down the street towards the cinema complex. I felt a jerk on my arm and was pulled backwards as Arron tugged on my hand. I wasn't a forceful movement but Arron's bigger than me so it was enough to slow me down so that we ended up side by side again.

'What's the hurry?' His arm slid around my shoulders pulling me closer to him.

'Nothing I'm just excited!' Nervously I put my arm around his waist. Although I often dream about acting like this in public even in America I couldn't quite throw of that worry of paparazzi following my every move. But I was still happy, it felt like we were a real couple now, walking together like this.

'You're adorable when you're excited,' lightly he squeezed my shoulder. 'Come to think of it, you're always adorable.'

My cheeks went pink for what felt like the thousandth time that day.

'Liar!' my tone was light.

'I would never!' Arron looked away pretending to be offended. 'Seriously, I could stop anyone and ask and they would say the same.'

'Ya ya whatever' the sarcasm was clear in my voice as I eyed the sea of foreign faces.

'Watch me!' Arron raised his voice as he signaled to a pedestrian walking in the opposite direction. 'Excuse me, could I ask you something?'

I quickened my steps and used all of my strength to drap Arron away before he could go any further.

'Sorry about that' I heard him shout back over his shoulder.

'Aish, you're so embarrassing!' I exclaimed smacking him hard on the arm.

'I'm just trying to prove my innocence. I could ask any one of these people here!'

Thankfully by now the cinema was in sight.
----------------
'Thank you for paying' I put on my sweetest voice as we stepped out of the cinema blinking, unacustomed to the bright sunlight after the darkness of the movie theatre.

'It's worth it for my girl' Arron said sqeezing my hand. I smiled down at our intwined fingers.

'Huh?' I looked up, caught daydreaming. 'Oh my favourite part of the movie? Well I really loved the bit....' I chatted away animatedly. Today really seemed too good to last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thank you to everyone that has read this so far, it's much appriciated ;)

And a shoutout to my 1 subscriber jhen414kpopaddict! Thank you for reading and subscribing!
 

The song that is BoA's alarm is 'Anata ga soba ni iru shiawase' by Home Made Kazoku  

And the song Aaron sings at the end of Chapter 1 is 'Angel' by Aaron Yan
 

Btw please give me comments, knowing people are enjoying the story really gives me the inspiration to keep writing and I welcome any constructive critiscism aswell.