Sweet Dreams

Distance and Time

I lay in bed staring up at the dark ceiling. Sighing I pulled the covers closer around me; the night suddenly felt very cold and lonely. I wonder what Aaron is doing now. Rolling onto my side I lie silently, straining my ears to hear what is going on downstairs. All I hear is the muffled sound of the TV and the clatter of my english tutor in the kitchen.


'He must already be asleep', I mumbled to myself, my voice drifting away into the darkness. I desperately want to see him, to feel his strong arms surrounding me, his soft smell enveloping me. I sighed and dragged myself away from my thoughts. He's probably exhausted and jetlagged from the long flight, the plane from Taiwan takes even longer than from Japan. Anyway if I go see him now he would probably just think i'm clingy and I know how he can't stand clingyness.


It's strange I muse, how we don't see each other for months at a time and yet when I see him it's like we've never been apart. Smiling, I glance at the alarm clock, the glowing light read 1:30am. Too late for a cup of coffee then. I rolled over again, streatching for my ipod which lay on the edge of the bed. I flicked the hold button and inserted the headphones into my ears as I lay back. I hummed as I scrolled through the long list of songs, listening to the melodies only to switch to another half way through.


Why did I not feel like listening to any of my usual songs? Something must be wrong with me. Finally I settled on a song, 'Reset' by Super Junior. Although I've always supported my juniors TVXQ's and SHINee's songs have always been more to my tastes. This song however had a calming effect on me and I felt myself being lulled to sleep as I drifted in the familiar melodies.
------------
I awoke to the familiar sensation of Aaron's soft lips gently caressing my forehead. Unconsciously a smile spread itself across my face as his strong arms encircled me, pulling me closer into his warm body. His presence had eliminated thecold emptiness that had prieviously filled my room. Slowly I opened my eyes only to loose myself in the deep soft pools that were his.


'I thought you were asleep, I didn't mean to disturb you.'
 

His voice, bairly more than a whisper wove its way through the darkness towards me. I didn't answer immediately, I couldn't make my brain formulate an answer in korean let alone in english. I sighed, even after a year he still had this effect on me. Aaron chuckled softly, almost as though he could tell what i was thinking. I opened my mouth to demand why he was laughing at me but before I could get the words out I felt his lips gently brush over mine.


It couldn't really be described as a kiss but it was enough to set my heart racing and clear my mind of any thoughts that had prieviously been in it. I slowly lifted my hands and s my arms around his neck, pulling myself even closer to him as this time I brought my lips up to his. Aaron's arms tightened around my waist as our lips tenderly moved against each other. I brushed my fingers against the soft hair at the nape of his neck and heard a quiet moan escape from his mouth. Eventully Aaron's lips broke away from mine only to find their way back to my forehead.
 

'Go back to sleep now baby girl', he whispered, his breath tickling my skin. I snuggled into him, settling my head on his chest. There was silence for a while as we lay holding each other, the only sounds were our breathing and the soft beating of Aaron's heart next to me, a calming rhythm setting my heart beating in unison as sleep began to beckon once again.


'Aaron...'
'Hmmmmm..?' He whispered into my hair.
'Saranghae... I love you Aaron.'
'Wo ye ai ni' (I love you too) he murmered, 'You're the only girl I've ever truely loved.'

 

I held him tighter upon hearing these words, a feeling of utter contentment washing over me. Aaron began to sing softly, his rich, soothing voice washing away any hint of a worry that threatened to enter my mind.

'In the arms of the angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here'

Contented I let myself drift into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~