04

Our Coffee Shop

"Where is she?" Baekhyun asked as him and Chanyeol entered the hospital. 

"Baekhyun!" He heard a girl's voice call his name. He turned to see his friend, Harumi, sitting in the waiting area. She quickly ran up and hugged him. "Baekhyun...I'm so glad you're here." She cried into his chest. "Calm down, okay? Just tell me what happened." He whispered. "I-I was just helping her clean up after work and...she just passed out. She had been complaining about feeling light-headed and she said she couldn't breath that well. I told her to sit down and rest and then she passed out." She said in between small sobs. "Calm down, she's being taken care of, okay? She's going to be fine." Baekhyun said. The small girl nodded as she slightly shook. 

Chanyeol could tell that Baekhyun wanted to cry. He knew that he was scared of what was going to happen, but he was holding it in for Harumi. Chanyeol gave a light smile out of sympathy. 

- - - -

A few hours later, a nurse came out with a clipboard. "Byun Baekhyun? Harumi Sato?" She called out. Baekhyun lightly lifted a sleeping Harumi off of his shoulder and walked over to the nurse. Chanyeol looked up from his magazine and watched Baekhyun from afar. 

He slowly shook his head as the nurse talked to him. She put a hand on his shoulder as he cupped his hand over his mouth. Chanyeol quickly got up and walked over to him. "What's going on? How is she?" He asked. "She-She's dead..." Baekhyun whispered as he looked straight. Chanyeol quickly put an arm around him. "It's okay, It's okay. She's in a better place now." He said, trying to comfort the smaller man. The nurse spoke, "I'm so sorry. We really did all we could. She's being moved to the morgue in ten minutes if you would like to see her." She said. "We'll be there." Chanyeol said for Baekhyun, who was slightly shaking. The nurse nodded her head with a sympathetic smile, and walked away.

"Baekhyun?" Both of the boys looked up to see Harumi walking over to them, rubbing her eyes. "Baekhyun what happened? How is she?" She asked. Neither of them could bring themselves to tell her, but the look on their eyes said it all. "N-No...No." She whispered as she shook her head. Tears immediately fell from her eyes as she sobbed and fell to her knees. "No! Why!?" She screamed as Baekhyun knelt down and pulled her into a hug. She pounded her fist against his chest, but he didn't let go. 

Chanyeol looked around at all the people staring at them, and he couldn't really blame them. There were two people kneeling in the middle of the waiting room, one screaming at the top of her lungs and balling her eyes out. "Come on, let's go. The nurse said she's being transported to the morgue." Baekhyun whispered as he helped the small girl up. She nodded as she sniffed and wiped her tears away, but they kept falling. 

- - - -

Once they left the hospital, it was already 8:00 pm. Harumi's eyes were red and puffy. "I should go home. Fluffy isn't going to feed herself." She said, referring to her pet cat. She let out a small smile, waved, and left. "Come on, we should get you home too." Chanyeol said as he grabbed Baekhyun's hand. He slowly nodded, obviously not focused on what Chanyeol had said. They walked to the nearest bus stop in silence, and took the bus to Baekhyun's house. 

- - - -

"How are you feeling?" Chanyeol asked as they both approached Bakehyun's doorstep. "It could be worse, I guess." Baekhyun muttered as he put his keys in the keyhole. Chanyeol sighed as they entered the house. "What was that about?" Baekhyun asked as he took his shoes off. Chanyeol followed, as he took his shoes off too. "It's just...why are you so happy all the time? Why are you never sad about anything? I mean, that sweet old lady that you loved so dearly just died and you didn't even shed a single tear! Why!?" He went off. Baekhyun sighed. "I admit, it's really sad, but there's just so many things to be happy about. Life is too short for sadness." He replied as he walked to the living room. "What?! Okay, look, it's good to be happy, yes. But there are times when it's okay to be sad! Like right now!" Chanyeol shouted but Baekhyun just shook his head slightly. "I'm never sad though." 

"Just be sad! That lady that was practically your grandmother just died and-" Chanyeol shouted, but was cut off by Baekhyun. 

"I KNOW WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!" He screamed, "I know that she's dead! I was ing there! I'm dying inside but I can't show it! I don't want to show it! Everyone is so used to happy Baekhyun, I can't be sad Baekhyun! I would be a burden...I don't want to be useless..." He finished. Chanyeol pulled him into a hug. "You'll never be a burden, okay? I don't care if you're happy, sad, excited, or psychotic Baekhyun. You're still a human being. You're still like everyone else." He said as he rested his chin on Baekhyun's head. 

The house was silent. All that could be heard was Baekhyun's cries.

"T-Thank you." He said to Chanyeol as he looked up at him. They eyes locked. Chanyeol held the small boy in his hands, never wanting to let go. Baekhyun inched closer and closer to Chanyeol, as Chanyeol closed his eyes slowly. Baekhyun quickly gave Chanyeol a light peck on the cheek and smiled, making Chanyeol open his eyes. "It's getting late. You should be getting home." Baekhyun whispered. Chanyeol cleared his throat awkwardly and nodded. He quickly walked tot he door and put his shoes on. "Hey." Baekhyun called. Chanyeol turned around. "I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled. Chanyeol smiled back and opened the door. He left the house with a big blush on his cheeks, his heart racing. 

"What is going on?" He asked as he put a hand on his chest, walking home.