Another Side

Another Side, Another Story

   The cloaked figure walked through the dark city without rest, the rain pouring against their jacket. Its black leather coat covered it from the rain, the drops sliding down without problem. The hood was up, obscuring their face in addition to the dark hair covering their eyes. Time passed by, and this figure spoke no words- for every word it needed to say etched itself into the minds of those nearby and the world itself. A voice wasn't necessary to it. 

   Thin, distorted shadow-like creatures raised themselves from the darkness on the wet floor. These creatures had glowing yellow eyes, much like the figure's own. Those inhuman yellow eyes were illuminated even further by the skyscraper behind them. The figure flung it's arms downward, two gleaming silver blades slipping through the sleeves of its cloak with the hilt of them resting in their palms. Looking around, it noted that those shadows surrounded it. A sly smirk formed on its lips, and even the mindless shadows understood the voiceless words that left the figure's lips.

   "I have no time to play with a child's fear."

   The shadows understood very clearly and pounced at the figure. No hesitation was shown as the figure immediately lifted and swiped it's right arm, slashing at one of the shadows and spinning, cutting down one of the shadows that followed. It sidestepped between the shadows, spinning with his blades, hacking away at the creatures. It jumped, eight other shadows followed and surrounded it in mid-air. The figure swung one blade, holding it in reverse as it spun, slicing through and kicking off other shadows to go higher, the blade cutting one down vertically as it back-flipped back to ground. Sprinting forward towards the skyscraper, the figure spun its blades in its hands, slashing at the shadows in front of it until it reached the bottom of the skyscraper and looked up.

   Another figure at the top of skyscraper, cloaked in the same black leather coat but blindfolded looked down at it with a slight smirk. This other figure stood right at the edge of the top, almost as if were about to jump. The first figure leaped up along the side of the skyscraper in time with the other figure that dropped down face forward. It took its own blade out, a unique-looking blade unlike the first figure's own two. The two reached one another in the middle of the skyscraper, before passing right by one another.

χ

   Krystal continued walking through the dark alleyways until she had finally reached the end of them, a small square-shaped clearing now present. There was the way to another alley ahead, but three items- weapons, were laid out in a line in the middle of the square. It was as if this place was requesting her to choose her weapon to defend herself. She noticed however, that the set-up of the weapons, it looked like there should have been five. Did that mean two people had already passed by here? 

   She walked closer, looking at the three remaining weapons. In the middle was a pair of daggers crossed over one another with a holster under, while at the sides were a crossbow, and a staff. Krystal crouched down and picked up the two daggers, the crossbow and staff disappeared. She stood back up and fixed her raven hair, adjusting the holster for the two daggers on her hip and walking forward to the next alleyway. However, the distant sound of a frightened scream alerted her and she took off running. There was another clearing, although this clearing wasn't confined like the first one she found. Krystal could now see the scene before her clearly.

   A chocolate-haired boy about sixteen or seventeen years old at most, was swiping at the shadows with his saber. He was too jittery and focused on keeping the shadows away to even notice Krystal. A shadow formed itself on a wall behind the boy and pounced. Krystal lifted her arm and threw one of her daggers, hitting the shadow in the center. She was surprised the dagger actually harmed it, or destroyed it, as the shadow disappeared in a small puff of black. The boy had seen it and jabbed forward at one of the shadows, destroying another. Krystal ran forward, picking her dagger back up and standing at the boy's side. Another shadow pounced forward at the boy and he screamed. Krystal stepped forward and holstered one dagger, lifting her hand as a pulse of light blasted the shadow to nothingness. The other shadows took note of the light and blended back into the floor, fleeing quickly. 

   The boy dropped his saber and fell back on his , Krystal having barely enough time to catch him so that he wouldn't hurt himself when he landed. The boy shivered and that's when she noticed that his sweater was soaked. It must have rained before she got to the area. She pulled the boy up and tried to comfort him, although it was weird for her. In the past, before the darkness came, it was usually her sister who had done any form of comforting while Krystal stood back and watched.

   "Listen, my name is Krystal. Don't be afraid." The boy was taller than her by a good four or five inches, but he was clearly young and afraid. He gulped and stuttered weakly.

   "M-my name is Taehyung." Krystal nodded and gave Taehyung's arm a soft squeeze.

   "Alright then Taehyung, we'll be traveling together from now on I guess. Don't worry though, I promise I'll get us home. I just have to find someone first because he might know the way back home." Taehyung blinked cautiously and nodded, picking his saber back up and placing it in his own holster. He pointed in a direction, and the two went on their way.

χ

   They'd been walking down the street without interference from any shadows for a while now, and Krystal decided to ask the boy beside her a question, looking at him only by her peripheral vision.

   "How did you get here?" Taehyung didn't stop walking, but her looked at her when he answered.

   "A dark portal led me here. It was after an attack from those shadow things," Krystal was rather surprised. After the first attack, her and Luna had been transported by a light. Yet it had been months after she got back that a dark portal led her to this place of darkness. Everything she knew was gone, and even when she got back, it was an the island, abandoned. She had stayed in the house deeper in the island and away from the beach. "Those shadows took away my friends, screaming. Even my- ah..." He bit his lip and gave a sad smile. Krystal actually turned her head to look at him, seeing he was close to tears. She rested her hand on his shoulder, making the pair stop in their place.

   "Parents? Girlfriend? Boyfriend?" Taehyung looked at Krystal, and he looked weary.

   "Boyfriend. He pushed me over the bridge when we were cornered. There was an ocean below, but the portal had formed right before I hit the water. He shouted to me saying we'd meet again someday, and then I woke up here." He sighed and reached in his back pocket, pulling out a crumpled, slightly wet photo and handing it over to her. "His name was Jungkook."

   Krystal took the picture carefully, looking at it. The photo was of Taehyung with his arm slung over the shoulder of another boy, Jungkook. He was cute and had a bright smile. The picture was almost comical by Taehyung's unusual clenched-teeth smile, as if he were showcasing his teeth. She nodded and gave it back to him.

   "You can always hope. All my friends are gone too." She held his hand for a moment before letting go and nudging him to continue going forward. 

χ

"She found the boy."
"That doesn't matter- he's a pawn."
"Another showed up. This one disguised himself like us."
"Take care of it."
"As you wish."

χ

So this is chapter 2. Can you guys figure out who the two figures in the beginning of the chapter and the two voices at the end are? A hint- one of the figures is a voice in the end- the other voice and figure are separate people.
Comment and review below~
~Baby G