Clueless Girl

How I Met a Ghost

 

---
[Jinsoo’s POV]
 
“You like Im Yoona, I see…” I mockingly observed Donghae as I stared at him from the corner of my eyes. And to be honest, it was really amusing. I mean, the fish’s face was so darn obvious and yet there was somewhat a hint of hesitancy in his eyes. We were currently inside the bus (on the way home^^), sitting side by side as I wasn’t feeling really annoyed that the super junior guy was still with me. And that was a first, just so you know.
 
“Y..Yah! Jinsoo-ah! W..What are you saying? Yoona and I. We're just friends.” Donghae exclaimingly blurted out in a rather stuttery voice as he practically threw me a really good defensive face. It was funny in a way that it was too obvious that he’s lying. I grinned at Donghae as I knitted an eyebrow and faced him this time.
 
Tch. You’re such a player.” I started with my eyes rolling. Donghae turned to me with his eyes widening as soon as he took in what I just said. “Player? Who? Me?
 
“Who else?” I spat before raising an eyebrow. “You’re going out to find a rebound~ and sadly, you had chosen me! Oh God! That’s really so unfortunate of me.” I sighed out as I wiped those imaginary sweatdrops from my forehead. The bus was still moving and I weirdly wanted it to go on like forever so I could annoy this bastard beside me. Psh. Seriously! How dare him use me to move on with his love failure?!
 
"You're mistaken Jinsoo. You really are the one that I like." He said, making my heart skip two beats at that fraction of a second. Immediately, I averted my gaze from him as I held on my throbbing chest.
 
It was weird. Whenever Donghae say those words, it gave me that heart thudding feeling that's so heavy to carry on. Perhaps because there honestly never had a guy who actually said those words to me ever. It's embarrasing to admit that I never had been in a relationship in my entire life. Maybe because I had no interest on boys caz seriously, I act like a guy... The total opposite of what Hana does.
 
But when I met Doojun oppa. I don't know but it seemed like there was really a cupid lurking invisibly around. It was love at first sight. Something I never expect to happen to me.
 
"Jinsoo-ah. Do you believe me now?" Donghae asked after that long silence due to my current pondering. I tilted my head as I shook it so as to get my mind back on focus. The fish had apparently just interrupted my Doojun oppa thoughts. Aigoo.
 
I critically looked at him before sticking my tongue out. "Ani! Of course I'm not believing you. What do you think am I? A freaking blind idiot?" I spat before crossing my arms on my chest. "It's all obvious that you like Im Yoona. It's painted all over your face when we were at the restaurant just a while ago."
 
Donghae fell speechless. And I could see that as a victory of mine.
 
"You seriously could burn Ok Taecyeon with those epic glares from a while ago. Ah~!! Donghae Lee! Wae you're such a loser? I so pity you." I added, plastering a pout on my face as I sarcastically heaved out another sigh.
 
But Donghae was still as silent.
 
And after a few more seconds which turned into minutes, he didn't speak. Which in turn got me a little worried.
Did I hurt his feelings? Did I go overboard? Aish. Jinsoo-ah~! How could you be that harsh to him?
 
"Donghae-ah. Yah. Are you alright?" I asked with a bit of a squeaky voice. Donghae didn't answer. Instead, I abruptly felt a heavy weight placed on my shoulder. And it was a little too late when I realized that he was actually leaning on me. His head was comfortably rested on the blade of my shoulder as the strands of his hair brought down a really ticklng feeling inside of me. And that scent. . . his ocean scent. It was so familiar, it's like I smelt it somewhere in the recent past.
 
"The truth is, I was in love with Yoona." He whispered, purposely in the lowest possible voice he could manage. But I heard it clearly. And it was like the saddest voice I heard ever. I cringed as I peered over his figure closely beside me. I couldn't see his face but I kind of knew that it was as melancholic.
 
He was in love with Yoona.
 
Was.
 
For some unknown reasons, I found myself curious of what happened. I wanted to ask more about that heartbreaking story of his. It's like there's this burning urge inside of me that wanted to ease the pain he was feeling. And as I left myself in wonder, I felt my face heating up as my cheeks burned. Donghae. Stop making me feel this way.
 
Donghae suddenly chuckled as he straightened himself up and rested back on his seat. Thank goodness he did that though. Else, I would seriously pass out with my still flushed face. The bus was moving so fast and still my heart was pounding too hard in my chest. And hearing Donghae's light chuckle, it somewhat had gotten me a little irritated. I mean, why the hell was he laughing?
 
"I'd already moved on about Yoona. I just can't bear to see her with that guy. See, I was like the closest guy to her for more than seven years." He paused as he heaved out a tiredlike sigh.
"I'm just not used to the thought of her dating a guy other than myself. More than half of my life, she had been the girl of my dreams."
 
And then he turned to face me. I froze. That, I had no idea why.
 
"But thanks to a friend of mine, I had somehow come to forget about my feelings for Yoona." He said as he looked back at me as if I was that friend he was talking about. I let out a stuttery laugh as I noticed that I was silent for long already.
 
"Then you should have dated that friend of yours instead of bothering me." I quipped outDonghae's lips started to curve up in a smile as he looked away in a sly manner.
 
"I somehow like Park Jinsoo more than that friend though. Maybe because Jinsoo-ah is so cute when she's clueless."
 
***
---
[Donghae's POV]
 
We got off the bus stop near Jinsoo's university as she decided to go look for her bestfriend and attend her remaining classes.
She was being rather quiet by now. Totally unlike the loud girl who's easily annoyed by my mere presence. To be honest though, I was quite relieved that she seemed to drop off the thought about me having to like Yoona still.
 
It's true that I might be still affected about Yoona and Taecyeon. I mean, Yoong and I had been together for so long. And it's just unusual seeing another guy protecting and taking care of her. I'd once thought that I'd be that guy for her. Well, I had been her protector for years. But never her lover.
 
Whatever. The important thing was, I had moved on.
 
Glancing at Jinsoo on my side, I felt my heart leaping as I heaved a relieved sigh.
 
Park Jinsoo, ghost or not, she's still the one my heart beats for... the one who eased the pain when Yoona refused my feelings.. the one who comforted me the most when I'm at my worst crestfallen state.. the one who brought up the first smile on my face after that heartbreak.. See, I never felt this strong feeling ever to anyone.
 
And I think I'm in love..
 
"Y..Yah." Jinsoo squeaked. "Is that Hana?" She suddenly halted on her pace which made me almost bump onto her. I furrowed an eyebrow as I traced where her eyes were darting at.
 
Hana was sitting inside a coffee shop, seemingly waiting for someone to come as she glanced at her wristwatch every now and then. She was apparently visible because of the fiber glass wall of the shop.
"Yeah. That's definitely Hana." I muttered innocently as I puffed my cheek at her. "She's ditching her class for a cup of coffee, I see." I grinned.
 
Jinsoo pouted as she tilted her head to the side. "What is she doing there?" She asked in a low mumbled, not even minding my earlier comment.
 
Jinsoo suddenly held my hand and I just found myself being helplessly dragged into the coffee shop her bestfriend was in. Once we got inside, I was actually surprised that Jinsoo didn't directly go and approach Hana. Instead, we just took a seat on a table for two located a few meters away from the oblivious Hana Jung.
 
"Jinsoo-ah. What are you doing?" I asked but when she shooshed me off with a hiss, I instantly shut up.
"Hana sure is hiding something from me. She's weird lately and I'm up to find answers now." She explained.
 
I nodded my head in understanding before taking off the cap I was wearing on my head and putting it on Jinsoo instead. She threw me a puzzled expression as I returned her a grin. She's too cute with my football cap on.
 
"An undercover agent's identity is supposed to be a secret." I told her, winking as I offered her my geeky glasses, but she refused while smiling.
 
"I'm cool with this," She pointed to the cap. "And besides, an idol's identity should be a secret when going out on a coffee with a random girl." She laughed as she lowered the cap on her head.
 
I puffed my cheek. "You're not just any random girl, silly."
 
We waited with our cold cups of frapuccino as Hana's mysterious date hasn't arrived yet. Jinsoo was kinda growing impatient and almost decided to rise up and approach Hana. Not until when Hana rose firstly from her seat and legged out the shop in haste.
 
"Eh? Eodiya? Where is she going?" I asked Jinsoo but when I turned back to her, I didn't see any Jinsoo at all. I glanced back at the shop's front doors and sure there she was, already coming after her friend without telling me even.
 
Aigoo.
 
After paying for our cups, I lazily walked after her with my huge, geeky glasses coming on a rest on the tip of my nose.
 
"Yah. Park Jinsoo-ah, just leave your bestfriend alone and go on a date with me instead today." I groaned as I put my hands in my pocket and followed her towards her school.
 
After a few more minutes, Jinsoo turned to me before pulling me together with her as we hid behind the huge tree nearby. She was peeking her head slightly out as she took a view of Hana hideously.
 
I sighed out. "Come on, Jinsoo-ah. Hana's not a fourteen year old kid. She's supposedly free to go out with any guy."
 
Silence overtook for a moment as I didn't really pay attention on peeking out to see the happenings with Hana. I just leaned back on the tree trunk as I calmly waited for Jinsoo to finally get over with her ninja-ing mode.
 
"I.. I knew it."
 
It was Jinsoo's voice coming in a rather whisper that I heard. Alarmed, I peered and checked into her. Her voice was seriously devastated, like she had just seen something that hurt her so much.
 
"What's wrong?" I worriedly asked her as I noticed that her eyes were getting watery by now. Jinsoo shook her head and when I inched forward to take a look on Hana, she instantly held me back.
 
"Just.. Just let them be." She softly said, avoiding my gaze while swallowing all her sniffles in. "And don't you ever do something reckless to Doojun oppa, Donghae. Else, you'd be a fish fillet tonight."
 
And with that one last warning said, she quickly ran off leaving me sunken on my knees. It's not because of the fish fillet threat but because of that name that she had mentioned...
 
Doojun.
 
Slowly, I gulped as I moved my head out of the huge tree trunks that blocked my view of Hana. And as soon as I saw Doojun and Hana together, I could just knit an eyebrow at them.
 
Their hands were intertwined as Hana's eyes looked as if she was at her saddest moment in life. On the other hand, Doojun was hushing her down as he patted her shoulders in the most soothing way. It was almost a private moment as there were no students coming on this place of the school. It was almost like a secret place.
 
"I can't, Doojun. I can't do this to Jinsoo." Hana spoke in a sad tune as she wiped her tears away. "She's almost my sister. I love her."
 
"But I love you and you love me too, Hana." Doojun gashed out which made me widen my eyes out and gasp out to myself.
 
Omomo! Why did I notice that just now?! Doojun and Hana. They're together, aren't they?
 
"And what about Jinsoo? She likes you so much." Hana claimed which made me turn back on my eavesdropping. I hadn't been on a scene like this ever in my life. I thought it only happens in dramas. I mean, those love triangle thingy with bestfriends. That's just clichè but hey, my Jinsoo is so a poorling here now.
 
If only she didn't threaten me to be filleted, I would go and beat the heck out of Yoon Doojun for freaking making my girl cry! Regardless of his reasons. Ugh.
But on the brighter note, I got more chance to get Jinsoo fall in love with me now that Doojun and Hana were obviously *cough* in love with each other.
 
I breathed out heavily before slowly walking away. Even though I found Hana's act so brave, I know how much it hurt her to break up with Doojun.
 
But Jinsoo's hurt too. And I just can't stand doing nothing. I need to ease her pain just like what she did when I was at the same heartbreak back there.

 

Annyeong!!!! mianhae for da super late update >/////<))) anywayyyy. looking at my plot plan, im afraid to say that the story is most probs five chapters away from the ending. >< so yepp. hope yu stay with me until da end kays??? :)

thank youus so much for the comments!!! you guys are srsly the bestest of my readers!!! kk <3 saranghaeyo¬¬¬!!!!