Start things over

How I Met a Ghost

 

 
---
[Donghae's POV]
 
"Come on, oppa! You can ask advice from me." Yoona pouted as she cutely curtsied in front of me. Apparently, she'd noticed how bothered I seemed to be and hey, it got her all worried.. and curious.
 
I sighed as I tapped her head. "I don't want to."
I smiled at her before receiving another pout from the girl.
 
I'd never seen this day coming, to be honest. I'd never knew that there'd come a time that I could move on about my past feelings for her and could actually act like nothing has happened between us.
 
"Yoong~! We'll be buying coffee frap out. Do you wanna come?" Yuri abruptly butted in as she practically shoved Yoona's arm, giving her no choice.
 
"I don't feel like going out, unni. It's cold outside." She protested at which Yuri just shrugged and held her off.
"Arasseo. I'll just buy you a drink. And you, too, oppa."
 
"Thanks." I told her and soon, Jessica and Yuri retreated the rehearsal room main door, leaving Yoona slumped back on a seat beside me. The other SNSD, SHINee, and f(x) members with a few of Super Junior members were all gathered on their own circles on the floor. It's break time after all.
 
"I wonder what's oppa's problem, really? Aigoo. I should be a little more angry at you for lying to me, shouldn't I?" I heard Yoona spoke, purposely making me hear it. I turned to her as I furrowed my eyebrows.
 
"I lied to you?"
 
Yoona smirked, a little huffing. "Tch. On your birthday, you told me that you have no girlfriend."
 
"But I truly don't have." I demanded. Yoona rolled her eyes at me as it seemed like she doesn't believe any of my words.
 
"Then who's Jinsoo?" She suddenly blurted and before I could ever mutter a word, she immediately interrupted me. "That night when oppa confessed to me, you suddenly yelled out her name out of nowhere. And on your birthday last time, I heard you mumbling out her name before actually sneaking out of your own party. Last night though, I thought I finally met her."
 
I swallowed back as I was speechless at that moment. Yoona stared back at me rather accussingly as she poked my cheek which suddenly brought me back to life. Literally.
 
"Earth to Lee Donghae." She sniggered as she poked my cheek again and again.
"Now I want to ask. . . That night when you told me about your feelings.. W..Were you.."
 
She paused as she abruptly sounded sad. I peered at her worriedly as I waited for her to continue.
 
"Were you already.. going out with her?" She finally asked, a little hesitance on her voice. I was so immersed on staring at her face that I almost didn't hear what she had said. The thing was, it bothered me to see how Yoona seemed to be so shattered... like I had done something so wrong at which I could never forgive myself.
 
"Oppa. I'm actually fine with it, really. I.. errm.. I just want to know." She looked back to me with an uneasy expression.
 
"Ani. You're mistaken, Yoong." I assured her as I fondled her cheek with my palm, making Yoona cutely blush out.
"When I told you about my feelings, you're the only one in my heart. No one else apart from you."
 
I said those words rather easily. And I was actually surprised, myself. Yoona looked away just in time when I retrieved my hand from her cheek.
 
"Ah~ That's a relief." She suddenly giggled as she heaved out a sigh. "I almost thought that my oppa is being a player."
 
I chuckled back at her, relieved that her cheery mood has now reciled.
"How could you think of me that way? Yah."
 
We laughed out together as Yoona mightily threw punches at me at every pun. It's good to think that the good old days seemed to be back much sooner than I had expected.
 
"I want to meet her. Jinsoo-ssi." She abruptly brought up as she sipped on her coffee which Yuri had bought her from awhile ago. I tilted my head before shaking my head.
 
"It's a little complicated now, Yoona. I don't think it's the right time for you to meet her."
 
Yoona shot me an inquiring look, "Eh? Wae is that?"
 
And when I didn't answer, she flailed me wildly as she nagged out. "Jebal oppa? I might help you."
 
Again, I thought for a moment as Yoona pouted before me. She fluttered her eyes out and cutely looked back at me pleadingly with her huge dark orbs.
 
"AH~~! How can I ever resist you? Aigoo." I told her, which made the girl giggle out at me.
 
I breathed out heavily before resting back on my seat. "See, it's Jinsoo. Let's just say, she had forgotten about me. . . about everything."
 
"Bwoya? Seriously?" Yoona gaped. I nodded my head quite droopily as I remembered how much Jinsoo seemed to be mad at me. Aish. Not to mention how she ignored me and heck, she already likes that Doojun guy.
 
"Jinjja. I thought it only happens in dramas." I heard Yoona mumble to herself but nonetheless, I chose to remain silent. After all, I can't say to her how much more bizaare our story actually was than any of those dramas Ryeowook and Kyuhyun had watched on TV.
 
"Let me guess, oppa. You did something reckless to her that's why she's mad at you which is the reason why you seem oh so lifeless lately." She chimed as if she's certain with what she was saying.
 
I looked at her, rather with raised eyebrows.
"That's really creepy, Yoona. I didn't know you can mindread."
 
She winked at me as she harshly pat my shoulder. "Nae. What did you exactly do to her, oppa?"
 
"I..ermm stalk her and.. I k..kissed her."
 
"Paboya! Why did you do that?!" Yoona accusingly scoffed as she crossed her arms on her chest in looked at me disgustingly.
"Tch. Just imagine yourself getting kissed by a stranger. Even though you're the Lee Donghae, I doubt any girl would feel invaded. Ah~ that's a huge mess you made, oppa."
 
Yoona put her hands on her temples. Seriously, it seemed like she's more troubled than I am.
 
"Ara. Ara! I know it's my fault. And I already said sorry to her. But there's another problem here, Yoona." She insistently peered at me, rather curiously and when I glanced back at her, I puffed my cheek.
 
"Jinsoo likes someone else."
 
***
 
---
[Jinsoo's POV]
 
Hana and I were on our way home after spending almost six hours at our part-time job in the bookstore near the shopping district. Everyday, after school, we headed to the place and get a really awesome salary. Even though Hana was practically a rich girl whose parents reside abroad and send her money, she tends to go with me and work as well.
 
"I'm hungry~" I grumbled as I clung my arm with Hana. Seriously, my stomach was groaning and pleading to get it out of starvation. We haven't eaten since two in the afternoon, and look what time is it now. 19:45
 
"aigoo. I'm starving as well, Jinsoo-ah. I'll cook as soon as we get home, arachi?" She smiled at me which I returned with a chirp as we made our way towards the apartment building we lived in.
 
"Home.. Sweet.. Home~!" I yawned as I slumped down on the couch in the living room, tossing my bag on the other side. I saw Hana immediately preparing our dinner as she was cooking rice, soups, and such. She's the best cook in the whole universe and also, the cutest with her Hello Kitty apron. She said she got that from Kim Ryeowook, whoever that is.
 
"Jinsoo-ah. I set you an appointment with your doctor on Thursday. He urged for further examination." She informed me as soon as she saw me peeking a view of her busy movements in the kitchen.
 
"Eh? I thought I'm doing fine already? And I've finished all those therapies, haven't I?" I pouted but Hana umma just sighed out at me.
 
"It's to make sure that there aren't complications, Jinsoo. All is fine, you don't have to worry." She assured me with a smile. I smiled back as I nodded my head at her. Even though the hospital might be the least place I'd choose to visit from now, and my doctor was the least face I wanna see since the moment I woke up from that long slumber, I just can't say no to Hana. I knew she just wanted the best for me.
 
Jumping out of the couch, I walked towards the kitchen and approached my bestfriend.
 
"Nae, I heard you'd lately gotten pretty close with Doojun oppa."
 
Hana abruptly choked out and soon coughed out hysterically as she dropped the spoon she was holding. I hurriedly moved beside her and worriedly soothed her back.
"Is something wrong? Are you alright?" I asked.
 
Hana shook her head. "Gwaenchana."
 
"You sure?" I peered closer as she seemed to have forced out a smile at me. I wonder what's wrong with her, to be honest. I know there is. She's never a good liar.
 
Hana reciled on cooking and as I silently watched her, I noticed how tensed up her face was. But when she turned to face me, I immediately averted my gaze.
 
"Jinsoo-ah. If Doojun sunbae tells you something, don't believe him, okay?" She sternly told me, but I just furrowed my eyebrows at her.
 
"If he tells me something about what exactly?" I inquired, but when she didn't answer, I suspiciously narrowed my eyes over to her.
"You, two. You're hiding something from me, I suppose."
 
"N..No! Of course not. What are you thinking? Aish." She suddenly blurted out at me. I sniggered at her before locking my arms around her waist and hugging her from the back.
 
"J..Jinsoo. What are you doing?" She squeakily asked in a kinda stammering voice as she tilted her heads to the side.
 
"I believe in you, Hana. If you say I mustn't believe Doojun oppa's words, I wouldn't." I lowly mumbled as I heard her sigh out.
 
"Errm.. Doojun oppa told me that he gave my number and address to my stalker whom he mistakened my boyfriend. Should I believe that though?" I asked in a little joke as I unclasped my arms from Hana.
 
Hana chuckled. "Seriously? He did that? Aigoo. You're so dead now, Jinsoo."
 
I rolled my eyes. "I know. My stalker is a persistent one. He even met Doojun oppa and introduced himself as my boyfriend. He even kissed me on the cheek! Ack!" I ranted as I touched the spot on my cheek.
"Tch! Seriously, I had a hard time explaining everything to Doojun oppa."
 
Hana pursed in a giggle on her lips as she continued with her corn soup.
 
"I'm quite relieved that he's not bomboarding me with calls and sms though. Aigoo." I mumbled to myself. I'd been checking on my phone every now and then for some unknown reasons. And heck. I hated myself from doing that.
 
Suddenly, the doorbell rang which caught both my and Hana's attentions.
"Maybe it's the landlady." Hana said as we both exchanged looks.
 
"Kay. I'll receive it." I relented as I hopped towards the door, leaving Hana in the kitchen.
 
When I swung the door opened. . .
 
 
 
 
 
"Annyeong Haseyo, Park Jinsoo-sshi!"
 
My eyes widened out as I was quite surprised. Standing at our front doorstep were two familiar faces posted on Hana's bedroom wall.
 
"Donghae?" I muttered with my mouth gaping at the sight of them both. "and you... I forgot the name."
 
"Eunhyuk! Lee Hyukjae imnida!" The blonde guy introduced himself as he bowed down in a ninety degrees low, making me kinda taken aback.
 
"What are you doing here?" I hissed, kind of glaring at Donghae in particular. AHHHHH! Just when I almost thought that I could have a Donghae-free day. T.T
 
"We're visiting you, Jinsoo-sshi." Donghae smiled, rather mystically.
 
I cringed. "Yah. What's with the sudden formality?"
 
"JINSOO-AH! DINNER'S SET!" I shuddered as soon as I heard Hana calling me. Ghaaad. She would surely spazz out if ever she sees these two celebrities outside our apartment room!! And heck. What would she just do to me if ever she gets to know that Donghae is freaking the stalker I was talking about from a while ago!
 
But too late, when I heard a familiar fangirl scream behind me, I knew it was Hana.
 
"Annyeong Haseyo." The two super junior bowed down just as soon as Hana halted on her squealing.
 
Hana tightly gripped on my arm. "Slap me! O M G. Am I dreaming?"
 
I sighed as I turned to face her.
I have so much to explain.
 
***
 
---
[Donghae's POV]
 
"I really don't know if I should hate you, chingu." Jinsoo's friend who had introduced herself as Jung Hana, squeaked in a partly whisper, partly yell at my Jinsoo. Judging from how she had reacted upon seeing Hyukie and I, I guessed she's one of our beloved ELFs. Not to mention that she's most probably an ELFish. Ah~ I can seriously tell.
 
"Aigoo. I told you, Hana. He might be just kidding around with me. He'd get tired soon, I bet." Jinsoo muttered the last words as if she's quite sure about it. Too bad there's apparently no way I'm ever giving up on you Park Jinsoo.
 
"You really cook well, Hana-sshi! Jeongmaliya!" Hyukie complemented as he practically dug into his own plate of dinner the two girls offered us.
 
"I'm so glad you seem to like the food, oppa! Ah~ eotteoke? I'm blushing!" Hana squeaked quite fangirly, cupping her heated cheek whereas I saw Jinsoo roll her eyes at her friend. I seriously wonder why Jinsoo ain't an ELF as well.
 
We sat on a small table of four at which Jinsoo was the one sitting in front of me. I didn't really eat that much as I kind of just played on my chopsticks, my eyes glancing at Jinsoo every now and then.
 
"Donghae oppa, do you really like my friend? I mean, when and where did you ever meet?" Hana asked, making the other two look at me as well. I turned to Hana and caught her inquiring eyes.
 
But when I was about to speak, Jinsoo interrupted.
"Don't ask, Hana. He would sure just say he had met me two months ago when I was-"
 
"RECENTLY!" I cut her off with a smirk, making her raise an eyebrows back at me. "Just a week ago I bumped into her in the shopping district when I was chased by fangirls. She ruined my ramyeon bowls."
 
"Nae! Jinsoo-sshi even went to our dorm that night." Thank you, Hyukjae. I sneered at the monkey as we inwardly highfived.
 
"Omo! So he was the person you're talking about that morning!" Hana pointed out at Jinsoo as the latter just weakly smiled at her before turning back to me with an even more confused expression.
 
Hyukjae gazed at Jinsoo and then to me, and when I caught his eyes, I saw him sigh out.
 
"It must be hard for Donghae to start things over again. Can you give him another chance, Jinsoo-sshi? Jebal?" Hyukjae asked in a pout.
 
"W..What do you mean by that?" Jinsoo asked back as she shot me a more confused look. I flashed out a soft smile as my mind drifted back to what Yoona had told me.
 
"That's it! Pretend to be strangers as if you never knew her. Get to know each other and make her fall in love with you all over again." Yoona's voice chimed on my mind as I was convinced at that moment that telling her about my problem with Jinsoo wasn't a waste. She actually helped me solve my problem.
 
"We haven't had a really good first impression Jinsoo-ah. So I thought it might be best to start things over." I told her with a beaming smile at which she seemed to have been frozen.
 
"Aigoo. I really wanna hate you now, Jinsoo-ah. Seriously." Hana muttered in a rather jealous tone as she stuffed up with spoonfuls of rice, making Hyukie and I laugh at her.
 
Staring at Jinsoo who seemed to be lowering her head as she remained silent, I felt my heart beating excitedly.. it raced ever so fast rate that I could hardly remove the smile still plastered on my face.
 
Fate had given me second chance. There was once a time that I questioned why Jinsoo had to come into my life the oddest way. That's why she came back as a human. And even though she had sadly forgotten about our bond, I still see the ghost I used to know. . . the ghost that I had fallen for.
 

 
Yehae! Please do comment nae!:]
Seriously. Your comments motivate me to write more and update faster. Haha. I hardly update my other fics this fast, to be honest. So yep. Komawo yeoreobun!ö
Saranghaeyo♥! JinHae moments are on deck, next!! XD oh and Hana & Doojun.. they're obviously *cough* bet you already know *cough* xD