Deer, my Dear

Deer, my Dear

 

“Eh?”

Minseok bent down to a box labelled as ‘Luhan’s’, as far as his 7 months baby bump could let him. He was in the middle of tidying the storeroom-because he was that bored-when a certain soft toy caught his attention.

The pregnant man eyed the deer plushie in his hand (that was after a minute struggling to reach to the toy of course). It is a palm sized, brown with white spots on its body and a pair of wood craved horns.

 

Weird

He thought he has the same thing back at his old house. But… how come?

 

Minseok remembered the day his mom gave that plushie to him. He was crying so hard and his mom tried to calm him with it, saying, “Don’t cry, kay? A happy deer will be sad if you cry”. He even refused to let the toy go after that, no matter how many times his mom asked him not to.

 

“What are you doing?”

A familiar voice brought him back from the memory land. He turned back to see his husband pouted childishly. “I’m very mad. You are supposed to look at me only”

Minseok chuckled. Oh Luhan. He leaned in and kissed the latter on the lips which successfully make the pout disappeared. “Lu, did you say you were jealous over a doll?”

“If it meant I have to share you--”. Luhan captured the older’s lips, again. “--then I’m jealous”. Again. “A lot”. And again.

Minseok backed away before Luhan could take any more advance on his lips for the 4th time that evening. He narrowed his eyes towards the younger with his not-so menacing glare that just got Luhan to tighten his hold around his waist.

“What was that? The twins weren’t happy to hear you, daddy

Luhan flashed a sorry grin to his partner, got on one knee to be on the same eye level with the baby bump and kissed it tenderly.

It was then he realized the deer plushie that is still in the older’s grip. “Oh… Jack?”

Minseok Jack into Luhan’s hand which the younger gratefully accepted it. He giggled inside on how ironic the current situation is that his husband is smiling at the same toy he felt bitter with just now. “Yours?”

“Yeah. My grandfather bought it in China for me”

 

“Oh…”

 

That lack of response caused Luhan to look up at the older. Jack get neglected aside. “What’s wrong?”. He asked as he pulled him in his arms.

“No… it just… I also have a doll like this… but I’m not sure—“

Minseok paused. He frowned upon seeing Luhan who seemed to hold his laugh as he said. “I was serious, Luhan”

And that’s make the Chinese man to come to his sense because when his Minseokkie called him with his full name, he is a dead meat.

“Seok-ah, don’t you remember me?”. Luhan asked as he looked into the latter’s brown orbs. Minseok titled his head in confusion.

 

“W-what do you mean?”

 

 

Flashback

Kim’s Music Academy, 19 years ago

 

“Ummaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!”

The sweet tune of Les Derniers Jours D'anastasia that was being played in one of the piano room there get abruptly distraught by the loud wail. Both Luhan and his teacher, Mr Kim snapped their head to the door as they heard footsteps coming to them.

“Ummaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!”

It was then a boy who is about his age entered the room with his red puffy eyes and running straight to Mr. Kim.

Luhan watched the sight in front of him distractedly, because one; He needed to practice this piano piece as his recital will be held in a week, and two; Are the kid’s cheeks edible? They look like baozi.

“Umin-ah, what’s happened?”.  Luhan heard Mr. Kim asked the-cute-boy yet he just continued sniffling in his teacher’s hug

 

“Jongdae pushed Umin hyung from the stage, Ryeowook aunty”

Three boys suddenly came into the room. Luhan could see the one who spoke just now has pale skin, compared to the boy he hold and the other boy who looks like a dinosaur and a camel hybrid.

“It was an incident, aunty! And Joonmyun hyung pushed me first!”. The dino-camel boy said as he glared to the pale boy. Luhan was able to recognize them at this point as Jongdae and Joonmyun respectively.

“It was because you made Jongin cry! Did you know you has just broke his action figure and haven’t apologize yet?”

“I already said sorry to him, you deaf head!”

“And why did he still cry, huh?!”

“I don’t know! You ask Jongin! Not me, stupid!”

Luhan gulped as he glanced at Mr. Kim, who looked as if he might exploded anytime. Who wouldn’t, by the way? A crying son, two fighting boys and a baby-is he Jongin?-who seemed to start tearing up soon.

He also caught his teacher muttered ‘You owes me big time, Kibum!’ and ‘Why did I agree to babysit your kids’ non-stop, like a calming mantra.

“ENOUGH, KIDS!”

The room became quite when the only adult there raised his voice. Everyone was like they don’t dare to move an inch or even breath. “Joonmyun, bring your brothers to the café below. I’ll be right there later”

“But I don’t want to follow hyung—“

“No but, Jongdae. Or I’ll tell Jonghyun that you are naughty today”

 

The threat silenced Jongdae at once and he sulkily left the room with his two siblings.

Luhan sighed in relief. He had no idea if he could stand the chaos longer in case Mr. Kim did nothing to the boys.

 

“U-umma”. Luhan’s ear perked up to the soft voice. He turned to the mother and son as he tried to ease his pounding heart. Dup dap dup dap. The Chinese boy touched his chest anxiously. ‘Am I sick?’, he asked to no one.

“U-umma, were y-you angry with m-me?”. The-cute-boy, who apparently named Umin, asked Mr. Kim timidly. “I-I’m sorry, umma”. He continued as fresh tears rolling down his cheeks.

“No, Umin baby. Umma didn’t mad at you so stop crying, hurm?”. Mr. Kim said while patting Umin’s back but the action, to the adult’s surprise, make his son crying more.

“Shush shush don’t cry, Umin. Umma will buy the soccer jersey you wanted yesterday. We can stop by at Sungmin aunt’s bakery too to get your favourite coffee bun. Just please… stop crying, kay?”

Still, Umin was having none of that so Mr. Kim snatched whatever thing nearby and gave it to him. Luhan widen his eyes because it is one of his deer plushie that is in the-cute-boy’s hold at the moment.

He actually brought the toys to the class to show to his teacher his birthday gift…

Luhan opened his mouth to protest but nothing came out from his mouth. Instead, he was awed by the cute scene of Umin snuggling to Rose, the deer.

“See the deer, Umin?”. Mr. Kim asked after his son has calm down a bit. “Don’t cry, kay? A happy deer will be sad if you cry”

 

End of flashback

 

 

“So… Rose is yours?

 

Luhan nodded to Minseok who seemed overwhelmed by the revelation.

“Ah I feel bad now”. The older buried his face into his palms and Luhan can’t help but found him endearing. “Don’t be, Seok-ah. What’s mine is yours too”

Minseok looked up at his husband with a dejected puppy eyes. “No, Lu. I feel bad for separating Jack and Rose. They must be sad—“. He stopped as tears threaten to come out which they did eventually. “—T-they probably hate me”

Luhan laughed inwardly as he wiped the tears with his thumb. ‘It is the pregnancy hormones kicking in’, he assumed. “No one is hating you, Seok honey. In fact, if there’s someone that do, I’ll gladly kick his for you”

“R-really?”. Minseok asked bashfully, earning a smile from the younger.

“Yeah. Besides—“. Luhan leaned down to peck on his pregnant husband’s cute nose. “—don’t cry, kay? A happy deer will be sad if you cry”

“Did you mean Jack or Rose?”. The older asked as he giggled

“Me. I was referring to myself”. Luhan replied while claiming Minseok’s lips with his own this time. “I’m a deer in the dawn, remember?”

 

 

‘Sure. My favourite deer’

 

 

 

 


Hi, guys!

Am I late? Did you wait for me too long? Ah I’m sorry then. I was busy with my internship (gosh I might die from the stress!) ;;;

I have read all the kind words you left & I was actually surprised to see such warm response for that petty one shot >< I was like:

So this is my thank you gift for you. A cute fluffy Xiuhan, with a bit KJ siblings @ Joonmyun, Jongdae & Jongin’ moment and a brief cameo from other SM otps. I hope it suits your style :)

Here some love for you. XOXO

 

 

gif cr: to its owner