Arrival

Back to Wonderland

- You sure that the plane is safe?

- Yes, it is. It's one of the most secure vehicles. Don't be afraid, we will survive this flight!

After the plane took off, Jill couldn't handle her anxiety anymore, therefore she swallowed a sleeping pill. Soon, she just doze off and left me alone. However, that was a good thing, because I had time to think about my crush, possible events which may occur, like how it would be like if fell in love with me, and what we would do... but on the other hand, what would the people think about us, what kind of rumours would appear etc. or simply, what if Jiho would not recognize me? My black hair dye had faded since I had been in Korea. Now, I was back to my bleached blonde hair.

 I wished that he still would like me as much as he did last year. In addition, how was I supposed to track him and the other members? The only way I could think of was going to their fan sign events, or to the Stardom building. Due to an enormous amount of excitement, I completely forgot to ask for his number. I didn’t write a message on their fancafe or on their Twitter, because I didn’t want to let other people know about us. However, that was a really bad idea. I was sure that he couldn’t remember me. Soon I started to weep silently.

Behind our seats I heard how two girls, who were a bit younger than us, talked about Topp Dogg.

-I really want to see Hansol! He is so amazing. I love him.

-Hansol? No way! Xero is soooo much better. Have you seen him dancing? Have you seen his smile? He is so y! And oh! His voice melts me down.

-That’s true, Xero is really hot, indeed. Oh my god, I can’t wait to see the boys. Do you think that they will organize a special meet and greet with the fans?

-Yeah, I heard something like that. I think it is the 1st August somewhere in Yongsan-gu.

-Girl, we have to go there! I want to take pictures with them!

-Hehe, do you think that they would give a small peck on our cheeks, if we asked nicely?

-I hope so!

I felt how jealousy was filling inside of me. I got annoyed by their conversation and put my headphones on and chose my favourite ballade by Topp Dogg. Unlike last year, the flight didn’t pass that fast, it was extremely gruesome.

After those 15 hours of boring and exhausting travelling, I resembled a corpse. Jill, who was looking like a zombie, was more enthusiastic as I had been, she kept bobbing around, she kept grabbing my arm, she refused to remain quiet and she just wouldn’t leave me alone.

-Oh my f*** god. I am in KOREAAA (she squeaked)

-yes, you are in Korea.

-Come on, come on, let’s take a picture.

It certainly was easier, when I came alone. I was able to remember exactly how my life in Korea had been last year. My host family welcomed me, I lived at their place, Xero, Hansol, Bjoo, Hojoon and Atom were at my school, I met them in a fun way, I could hang around with the members and the way Xero looked at me… so mesmerizing. I missed these days. I wanted to travel back in time. I knew that this time would not be as wonderful as the last year.

We headed for our hotel, it was 10am and the weather might have been better. We were staying until end of September in Korea, so we had more than two months to go on a fun adventure. We were living for the first two weeks in Hotel President in Jung-gu, later on, we had to search for a cheaper alternative, but firstly, we enjoyed the present. After unpacking our suitcase, I made her a suggestion.

-Shall we go for a walk? I can show you some places. Korea is really nice!

-Oh yes, please! Where shall we go first? Let’s have a brunch, I am starving.

I led her to my favourite Korean restaurant, where Xero and I had been a couple of times. I was hoping to meet him there, but since Seoul, let alone Korea, is enormous, it was impossible to cross his path or at least one of the members theirs. She ordered a Kimchi Jigae where as I went for Galbi. It was just as delicious as last year, but I wished Xero would had been next to me.

-(While slurping the soup) Why are you so upset? You haven’t talked much in the past hours. (I remained silent and avoided her sight) Come on! Your mood is pushing mine down, I don’ want you to be sad, I mean, hellooo, we are in Korea!! Hold on.(She noticed how I was searching for something since we left the hotel) Are you looking for someone?

-No…?

-Oh gosh. Don’t tell me you are looking for your… Topp Dogg boy.

-Erm… yes?

-(She groaned.) Hey, you can’t be waiting for him for the next weeks. You have to enjoy your time here without him. It’s impossible to find him here, without you having any phone numbers or addresses.

-Well, I still can go to the Stardom Entertainment building.

-oh, yup that’s true.

-I will use the restroom, ask for the bill, and then we will leave.

I raised myself from my seat, and went to the ladies room. In the meantime, Seogoong and P-Goon entered the restaurant. Jill was captivated by their handsomeness, but since she didn’t know how the Topp Dogg members were looking like, she couldn’t tell that they were part of the group. They chose a table for four people near the entrance. As I returned, Jill still hadn’t ask for the bill, because she was too busy staring at them.

-Ya! Why didn’t you get the bill?

-I’m sorry, but some y guys just entered the restaurant, I just had to look at them, therefore I forgot about it.

-Oh man, you are severe. You will meet enough y boys in our vacation. (I completely ignored the boys she was pointing at, I was annoyed because she didn’t follow my instructions and in addition, I wasn’t in a good mood.)

As I was aiming for the main door, she called my name. I turned around to look what she needed.

-What is it?

-I think I lost my phone. (In the meanwhile, Xero entered, he even bumped slightly into me, because I blocked the path in front of the entrance, but since we didn’t see our faces, nobody noticed the other one.)

-You put it in the pocket inside of your jacket.

-Oh, found it! thank you.

-Now, come, I have to go to Stardom entertainment.

We left, the restaurant and while I was checking the time and the timetable of the metro on my phone, Kidoh passed by. He stared at me, because I looked familiar in his eyes, he didn’t interrupt his sight, but Jill noticed how he was glaring at me.

-Oh my god, hey! (She pulled my arm)

-What do you want? Stop it that hurts.

-You are such a little crybaby. No, I mean, there was a guy who looked intensely at you, I think he likes you! He was hot!

-Ok, nice for him.

-Oh man, I would have been mega happy, if a hot Korean guy checked me out that way, but you, you keep .

-Jill, will you stop accusing me for everything?! I took you with me to Korea, because you wanted to visit the country so bad.

-(She sighed) Okay, I will shut up.

In the meantime, when Jill and I already disappeared from the area, in the Korean restaurant, Kidoh asked Xero, if he could show him a picture of me.

-Why do you need it?

-Show me, it’s important.

-(He looked skeptical at Kidoh, but he still took out his phone and presented him his background picture.) Here you have it.

- Oh my god. I think I’ve just came across your little girlfriend.

- (Seogoong was bewildered and grabbed Xero’s phone, it was a picture of me with him) Yup, she really was here.

- (Xero jumped up) WHAT?! AND WHY NOBODY HAS INFORMED ME BEFOREHAND? Why haven’t I seen her? (He felt like crying)

- (P-goon interrupted them) Hold on, don’t tell me, that it was this blonde, straight haired girl?

- (Seogoong replied) Yup, I have the impression, that was her.

- Yup, Xero-sshi, as you entered the restaurant, she was right in front of you

- I’m going crazy… (Xero smashed his head on the table)

- I wasn’t sure, if it was her, because, damn, it has been a year, since we last saw her. And furthermore, she has a different hair colour!

- I would have noticed her directly, if I had seen her face.

- Sorry.

- But why didn’t she detect you guys?

- I don’t know. She wasn’t looking at us.

- Do you think she forgot about me?

- (Kidoh answered him) No, I don’t think so.

- (P-Goon cut him off) Possibly, I mean one year is a long time.

- (Xero’s eyes got teary) Oh no. How am I supposed to find her?

- (Seogoong comforted him.)You guys met always in our practice room

- You mean, she is going to Doksan-dong?

- Maybe. Or didn’t you say that her former host family lives in the same street?

- Yes.

- Well, possibly she might head to them!

- What should I do now?

- Go to them! after you finished eating. (Seogoong placed his arm around Xero and hugged him)

Later on, as the table was filled with food, Xero wasn’t able to swallow anything. He was heavy-hearted, just as I had it been. I was staring at the ground, while Jill and I were waiting for the metro. My heart was aching from desperateness.