I

Peter Pan

 

The fresh beams of morning sunlight crept into Aya's bedroom just as she was starting to open her eyes. The faint smell of freshly brewed coffee and cooking eggs kept pulling her from her much needed sleep. She changed her position of where she lie and pulled her blue polka-dotted blanket over her head to cut out the endless calling of her name from her mother downstairs. She took another five minutes of trying to fall back into her dream but, in much disappointment, she was forced to get up and start the annoying process of getting ready for school.

 

Aya was not much of a school loving kind of girl but more on the lines of wanting to stay at home sleeping kind of girl. It wasn't like she was a loser or anything, she actually had the potential to be very popular; she just hated the endless lecturing, crappy school food, freshman picking their noses, and taking tests on things she was 99.9% sure the teacher never taught.

 

She sighed as she pulled off her warm sweatpants and cringed when the colder air of her room hit her bare skin. It was only four more mornings that she was going to have to endure this morning routine and then she would graduate and it would be summer. No more High School and no more waking up at 6 am. She dressed in her usually school uniform; blue school girl skirt, short sleeve white button up shirt, and a blue blazer with black trim that she refused to wear in the hot weather. She never wore the white knee high socks since she refused to look like a ten year old.

 

Aya? You up?”

 

She had been successfully tuning out her mothers voice but it seemed to have made it's way past the sound of her thoughts.

 

Yes, mother. I am up.”

 

She always called her mom, mother when she was annoyed and she wanted her mom to know it. I mean, it was the umpteenth time that her mother called her name that morning. She ignored her mothers response as she grabbed her backpack from where it sat by the side of her bed and made her way downstairs. The smell of scrambled eggs was now overwhelming as the eggs made their way to her breakfast plate. She sat down in her usual seat and took only a few fork fulls before she got up again and started making her way out the front door.

 

You're not going to eat anything else? I made you an America breakfast. Your favorite.” Her hopeless mother called from the kitchen.

 

That's okay, mom. I'll eat more when I get home.” Aya replied before she closed the door behind her.

 

The walk to her school was a long one but she didn't mind. It was kind of refreshing for her to cool her mind before the 6 hour torture that came with being a high school student. Sometimes she would close her eyes for a few seconds and listen to the birds sing. It was in those short moments that she would imagine herself walking through a field full of bright, spring flowers. Though that was far from the truth.

 

Aya's school came into view about ten blocks from her house. It was an ugly building with too many add-on's that didn't match the first. It was painted brown and looked like an old bees hive with all the lively students going inside.

 

She was pushed multiple times as she tried to make her way into the building. She even pushed a few herself. The lobby was crowded as always, as was the hallways but she managed to make her way to her locker at the other side of the school. She was just finishing getting her things for her first class when she was violently pushed into her locker.

 

Hey, loser.”

 

She turned around to none other then Jessica Jung. Anyone else looking at the two would say that there was no way they could be friends but in fact that was just what they were. Jessica was popular and pretty, beautiful actually, and Aya was more on the dull side. Jessica tended to be violent and very sharp with her words. Most people hated her but it's her honesty and bluntness that Aya liked about her, except maybe without the violence.

 

Oh, hey Jessica.” Aya replied as she gathered the things she dropped while being shoved.

 

So,” Jessica closed Aya's locker and leaned up against it as if it was her own, “who are you going to ask to the dance?”

 

Aya loved how she asked the question as if she was actually going to go to the high school dance. “I've told you. I'm not going.” She tried to walk away, hoping that Jessica would just drop that particular situation. Unfortunately, she didn't and just followed Aya.

 

Oh come on. I know you want to go, you're just too scared to ask someone and by someone I mean-”

 

Shh!” Aya put her hand over Jessica's mouth as a group of boys walked past them. Jessica couldn't help but notice as Aya's eyes followed a certain someone once again.

 

Aya breathed a sigh of relief and let go of Jessica when the group of boys was out of view. She looked up to see Jessica with a smirk on her face. “Oh shut up.” Aya said, even though Jessica didn't say anything. She didn't need too. They both knew what the other was thinking.

 

The pair made their way to math class and entered right before the bell rang. There was no more talk about that subject for the rest of the day and Aya was thankful for that. The last thing she wanted to do was talk about her 'admiration' of the prince of their school.

 

Lunch time came just at the right time. Saving everyone from Mr. Song's never ending lecture on the Shakespeare play, Macbeth. The cafeteria was always a battle field. Groups of friends, big and small, fought for a lunch table and everyone else was forced to sit outside. Which Aya was okay with, most of the time anyway (for the winter weather was almost unbearable). Aya sat at her usual spot under a big apple tree in the school court yard. Jessica was not in lunch today due to her habit of making out with different boys in the bathrooms, so Aya was alone today.

 

Most of the time during lunch, she would listen in on other conversations as she munched on crackers but today was unusual. Today a certain group of boys were sitting outside. Usually they had first pick of a lunch table inside but maybe the warm weather was calling to them. But for whatever reason, Aya had an opportunity to watch her prince. She thought to herself how lucky she was that Jessica was not here with her. If she was, she would most likely be subject to her endless preaching about how Aya was to scared to do anything about her crush.

 

Um Sehun, that's my sandwich.”

 

So?”

 

So give it back.”

 

Aya watched as the two boys, Sehun and Luhan, fight over the desired sandwich but her attention was soon directed elsewhere when another boy stood up and stretched his arms above his head.

 

I'm going to the bathroom.” The boy said and walked away as the others nodded at his unneeded statement. Aya watched his back while he left, just repeating his name in her head. Kim Jongin. Kai.

 

Kim Jongin (Kai) was the most popular guy in school and pretty much dated every living female, except Aya of course. He was only after one thing and one thing only. . It did help that he was drop dead gorgeous and had a smile that killed every girl in school. It seemed that that was the kind of boy that captured Aya's heart. Not even Aya herself understood why, but she just felt drown to him.

 

Aya watched his until he was out of sight before finishing off her food. “Aya.” She heard her name and looked up to see Jessica standing over her. “Hey.” She replied as she sat down next to her.

 

Enjoying the view?” Jessica asked as she nodded her head and inclined to the group of boys sitting a few trees down from them.

 

Aya shrugged and said, “Did you enjoy your make out session in the bathroom?” She said this to be a little offensive but Jessica did not take it like that.

 

Yes actually. Mr. Lee has a very experienced tongue.”

 

Aya looked away a little disgusted. She had no idea that her friend was making out with a teacher but she was more disgusted with the teacher. She was never going to be able to look at her math teacher the same again.

 

Hey look who's here.” Jessica said.

 

Aya looked over at the group of boys to see that Kai had returned. He was in the 'bathroom' for such a long time and that only meant one thing but Aya couldn't help that her eyes lit up when he returned.

 

Oh come on.” Jessica nudged her shoulder. “Just ask him to the dance. That boy will go out with anyone. He's sure to say yes.”

 

Aya could feel her face burning up as she stuttered her reply, “What?...no he... not him....not ...me...um...” She stopped when Jessica started to chuckle.

 

Well if you're that scared he'll say no then I'll help you out.” Jessica said.

 

How?”

 

Jessica stood up and Aya was a bit afraid that she was going to go over to the group of boys and embarrass her but she didn't. “I'll give you a make over.” Jessica said with a smile. Aya was suspicious but nodded anyway.

 

But I don't want to look like a .” She said with a smile.

 

Jessica's smile only grew bigger. “Oh you don't need to worry about that.” Aya got even more nervous at that reply but followed Jessica back into the school anyway.

 

 

I watch by the edge of the school gate. She looks beautiful with the sun lightly brushing her cheeks. If only I could be the one to sit beside her. I watch, with great pain, how her eyes lit up when she saw him. I should be used to this by now but it never gets easier. It was always the same boy too. The same boy that captured her heart when I wouldn't dare.

 

I am a coward. I sit at this same spot everyday just to watch her eat her lunch. Why I don't say or do anything? Because she will only get hurt. She doesn't deserve to be with someone like me. All I can do is be trapped her for eternity and watch she for nineteen years at a time.

 

I am secretly happy when the boy leaves and her attention is directed elsewhere. I watch as her friend came and sat next to her. In the same spot that I imagine myself sitting.

 

Once again her eyes sparkle when the boy comes back. She looks star struck. I look away because I can't bare to watch this anymore. I am pathetic. This happens countless times and I still act like a teenage girl in love.

 

I walk away in my usual depressed mode. Tomorrow will be the same and the day after that and all the days to come. I want to change this. I've always wanted this to change, but I can't and I won't. She and I will forever be trapped. 

 


Yeah first chapter! I hoped ya'll liked it :) 
If you see any gramatical errors, then feel to say something :) 
bye bye!