s e h u n ≡

Dynamic

The sun was shining through my thin black curtains, making the sunlight also hit my face. I scrunched my nose in annoyance and rolled on my side to sleep a bit more. That was until I squinted and saw that it was already seven o’clock. I rushed out of bed and grabbed a random pair of skinny jeans along with a t-shirt. My phone was in my hand and my comb was in the other. I was a bit dizzy from last night. There was a party and everything and the police had came to arrest Park Chanyeol, a crazy friend of mine.

 

The thoughts from the party made me giggle a bit. I was drunk and we were in a room where Chanyeol let Jongin and I smoke in. There was this girl, a very familiar one, who came into the room every once in awhile as if she was babysitting me and Jongin. I think she was because Chanyeol was intoxicated by the time we left.

 

I’d gotten everything in my bag and was ready to leave for school. My older brother was already at work and I had to lock up before I left. While locking the door, I put on my helmet. The garage was already open from last night and I made no effort nor an attempt to close it before I went inside. Fortunately, nothing was stolen. My motor bike was in one piece.

 

The street was empty, but I could also see someone getting their bike out of their driveway. It was Shin Aera. The girl who frequently checked on me and Jongin at the party. She was a close friend of mine. Was. We weren’t friends after her parents passed away because of the grief she experienced. She was no longer the happy virus, she’d turned into an actual virus yet she was still sassy. That was a trait I loved about her.

 

I followed behind and the sound of her softly chuckling to herself made me chuckle as well. She was darn right adorable. I never really liked girls who would constantly flaunt themselves in front of me to show that they’re showing skin for me. It’s disgusting to say at the least.

 

“Oh Sehun.” a familiar voice called out from the other side of the school garage.

 

It was Jongin who had a cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth. He took a whiff and handed it to me so I could also take one. Instead, I gave it back to him because I wanted my breath to smell nice at school. I only smoked on the weekends.

 

“Oh, I forgot about your minty breath.” Jongin mumbled, teasing me a bit for wanting to smell good all the time.

 

“Well, I don’t want to smell like nicotine all day. I actually care.” I replied while I stuck my hands in my pockets. “Should we head out?” I asked as I checked my watch.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

------------------

 

Jongin and I watched a girl and Aera quickly run into the classroom with smiles on their faces. Jongin straightened out his jacket because he had some sort of crush on Aera, but I wouldn’t really know. Jongin was a bit hard to read at times. I recognized Eunji as one of the good kids girlfriend. Her boyfriend was known for his singing technique and his small eyes. It made me kind of laugh, but I had to keep myself composed.

 

We walked in, not expecting much. The other Familiar’s in the class I’m in were coming from the opposite hallway, already right behind us. I looked away from the noticing stares as they lasered their ways into our souls. We weren’t anyone special. We were just a part of the “party” club.

 

“Oh, it’s Shin Aera.” Jongin sang in a soft tone with his hands in his pockets and his body maneuvering it’s way towards the row of seats in front of Aera. She looked irritated and annoyed already. The next thing Jongin said made me want to burst out laughing though.

 

“I’m going to sit in front of you, so you can get a good view of my head.”

 

The look on Aera’s face wasn’t priceless, but it was hilarious. Especially what she replied back with, surprising Jongin a bit.

 

“Thanks, I didn’t really like this class anyways.” Jongin turned around when he heard what she said, not totally understanding what she meant. “The back of your head would definitely help me fall asleep.”

 

And boom goes the dynamite, Jongin was up and out of his seat, his ears a bright red color. This was when Jongin only looked charismatic. His cheeks flushed, his ears red, and his fists clenched. The anger burning in his eyes just showed how ill his temper really was.

 

“You got a problem, pretty boy?” she continued.

 

He smirked as he tried to hide the shock on his face. “I actually do, gorgeous.” he set his hands on top of her desk and leaned in, his face not too far from hers.

 

I leaned back in my seat with a raised eyebrow. Was she not nervous?

 

“Nervous?” he whispered to her, making the whispers barely audible.

 

She also leaned in, “Not at all,” And looked him in the eye while putting on a pokerface. “That is if you think I’d be nervous over a boring face that makes me want to sleep, then I guess I’m nervous about not being able to get some sleep.”

 

She definitely hit the core in my laughter box as I illuminated at the sound of that diss. She seemed a bit surprised and others were as well. Jongin and Aera both turned their heads in my direction as I leaned in my chair some more, my hand lightly placed over my mouth to muffle the sound of laughter. I was very amused.

 

“Aera,” I warmly said, sounding a bit too happy than usual. “You haven’t changed one bit.” and with that I stopped laughing and slightly smiled in Aera’s direction.

 

--------------


 

“What was all that about?” Yixing asked, planting his arm around my shoulder. I shrugged and continued to walk out of the school. “Say, there’s this new kid and he’s pretty hot.”

 

I stopped walked and looked at Yixing for a few seconds before remembering that he was gay. I chuckled and walked forward. He looked at me with a surprised expression before turning blank once again.

 

“His name is Wu Fan and he’s the definite eye candy, if you know what I’m saying.” Yixing slurred his words a bit to sound less noticeable to girls roaming around. When he noticed me looking off into another direction, he flicked my forehead.

 

“Yah, are you going to ignore me? I’m talking about a hot guy right now and I don’t feel assured whether he’s gay or not, Sehun.” Yixing complained, slightly pushing Sehun away from him. He was disappointed in Sehun. Sehun would usually input a statement that was rather bland or insulting, but Sehun wasn’t himself today. “Hey, are you still bicurious?”

 

Sehun choked on his spit and jerked his head to Yixing’s direction. He tried to keep his posture as he coughed silently. “I like girls, Yixing.” Sehun spoke, moving his hands around to gesture that he liked s and the female organ without embarrassing himself.

 

“Ok, no need to explain. “ Yixing laughed and pushed Sehun away, so he could head home.

 

“Gosh, what a weirdo.” Sehun mumbled to himself, watching as Yixing exited the parking garage.

 

On my way to my volunteer job, I could spot Aera driving right in front of me. She’d already changed into her uniform and she was already pulling into the parking lot, not even noticing me who was right behind her. I coughed silently, trying not to draw attention and followed in from behind, my uniform tucked underneath my jacket.

 

“Why is she so mysterious?” I mumbled to myself once she entered the woman’s locker room.

 

I went straight to the hall where the closet of tables were. Deciding I shouldn’t slack off today, I brought all the tables and chairs out while Aera was in the locker room. It didn’t take that long for her to get out nor for me to bring everything out on my own.

 

“I feel like my life doesn’t make sense.” Aera mumbled to herself, thinking as if I wouldn’t hear.

 

I tilted my head, worried that something was going on. Was she sick? Was she still sad about her parents dying? I mean, I understand why she’d be sad. Two people you’ve known for your whole entire life passed away without a farewell, it’ll definitely leave scars. I’ve only experienced death once, but that’s what made me change. Everything has to change, right?

 

I was prepared to say something until she stopped me. I really wanted to comfort her, but she stopped me just in time, leaving me breathless.

 

“Yah, Sehun,” she called informally. I whipped my head towards her direction immediately. I’m a year older than her! “Don’t look at me like that, you idiot. Help me set this table.”

 

I gave her a look and crossed my arms. Should I be sympathetic now or not? I practically just stood there and watched her set up the tables. I put up all the tables! Who does she take me for? The hulk? Psh, what a joke!

 

“What do I get out of helping you?” I asked, hesitantly because she was being mean.

 

“Sehun, if you help me then you can get a kiss on the cheek. Now help me you little baby.”

 

As endearing as that sounds, no, I am not going to sacrifice more of my strength for her work. I took out all the tables and chairs! She has no right to whine about me not doing any work. “Hah! If you think I’m going to help you now, then you’re obviously wrong.” I sneered and unconsciously stuck my tongue out.

 

My limbs really were sore right now and she expected me to help. I’ll help her with one table that’s all. Only one stupid table if it’ll make her happy. So, I decided to help and she scolded me. Ok, I was trembling because my arms were sore. Give me a break, woman!

 

“Yah, if you’re not going to do it properly then don’t do it at all!” she scolded me, gently nudging me away with her elbow.

 

She seriously irritated me. I grabbed Aera’s wrist and spun her so she’d face me. She looked up at me and clicked her teeth in attempt to scare me, but I grew irritated at the sight of it. I brushed my fingers through my hair and pushed her away. I could hear her chuckle while I frustratedly ruffled my hair.

 

“Do you want me to teach you how to set it up?” she asked as if she was mocking me. I can put up a table, it’s just that my arms hurt! I glared at her, but it was like she couldn’t see my general reaction at all.

 

My expression then changed to the look of hate. I scrunched my nose and disappeared behind the doors of the dining hall. I crossed my arms and sighed, ruffling my hair once again. What a fool.

 

--------------------