a e r a ≡

Dynamic

You know that stereotype every adult labels teens and young adults as? We’re supposedly party animals, -crazed, and “rebels”. May I come out and say that’s the most stupid and ironic stereotype ever? I am nineteen and I’ve never done drugs, vandalized, or went out illegally. I have a license and I have a job. I have a life, ok? It’s safe to say that you can’t trust many of us because of what society makes us become, but you’re just going to have to throw away a bit of that assumption and give some of us a chance, alright?

 

In the college I go to, there are many party animals, -crazed, and rebellious students, but it’s definitely not all of us. Let me name a few who I’m somewhat close to: Jung Eunji, a sophomore and a party animal. She’s one of the best in the performing arts department. There’s also Oh Hayoung who you could say is the youngest out of all the people I’m going to name. She’s my little sister’s friend and she drinks every once in awhile. There is also a group of people that call themselves the “Familiars”. Several boys and a small amount of girls who are deemed as panual; only the girls are panual though. A few boys may be gay, but I’m not naming anyone. And, the leader of that group is the one and only, Oh Sehun. He’s the youngest of the recruits, but he’s the founder.

 

It’s silly, but it’s the truth.

 

You’re probably wondering where I fit into here. I don’t belong to a group, but I party. There’s no rule that you have to be in a group to go to a party is there? I’m sure as hell that there isn’t! I’m that cliché girl that wears leather jackets and skin tight dresses, but there’s also a twist to me.

 

You’ll find that out later.

 

-------------------

 

The bustling sound of Seoul at my feet and the birds chirping from that open window I forgot to close when I got home last night from a party. The house was paid down and thankfully it was all mine. There was no one to complain and no one to bother me, but the fact that it was pretty far from the college I went to, it was a bit of a nuisance.

 

Oh, this wonderful morning as I spring out of bed in attempt to give myself a burst of energy. Unfortunately, it didn’t work, but it gave me a kick start to start whatever so I could leave as soon as possible.

 

I hopped onto my sleek black motor bike, sealed the buckle on my helmet and drove off to a school that I loved yet also hated. We had a love-hate relationship and it seems like I wasn’t the only one. The vision of everyone walking or driving their expensive vehicles to school and coming out of them as if they slept on the wrong side of the bed was very humorous. I softly chuckled and locked my bike in place before taking off my helmet. From then on, I went to my locker to put away my helmet.

 

The first thing I heard in that classroom was last nights party. It wasn’t the thrill of the century, but some crazy events happened that night. A fight broke out and the cops came out to arrest the owners for being too loud. Eunji—who I’d mentioned before escaped with me on my bike and I managed to drop her off and quickly drive to my house. That wasn’t all though.

 

“Aera!” a voice shouted.

 

My head turned towards the voice and it was Eunji, her arm hooked with her boyfriends who seemed like he was being pulled by a horse by his feet. I chuckled softly like usual and gave her a light smile. “Good morning to you too, Eunji.” I sarcastically greeted.

 

She blew a raspberry before smiling brightly, showing her gums. I swear, she had so much teeth. Where the heck did she get all of it? But, dang, she has a pretty smile and I you not—she would probably agree.

 

“Did you get home safely?”

 

“I think I should be the one asking that…” I mumbled, placing a finger underneath my chin as I silently judged her. She gave me a snooty expression that called for “I’m going to kill you if you don’t stop teasing me about that.”

 

My eyes diverted themselves to Eunji’s boyfriend whose cheeks turned a light pink color. Just from that brief description, you can guess what went down before the cops came.

 

“I mean, you certainly were enjoying yourself in that—”

 

I was rudely interrupted by a soft yet really cold hand that belonged to Eunji. I looked at her and glared at her as if it was barely visible, but she caught it.

 

“You need to shush.” Eunji gently pushed my forehead back with the hand that was covering my mouth earlier. We laughed and took our seats, waiting for the infamous “Familiars” to walk in.

 

First came in Kim Jongin, an old friend from middle school. Then came Zhang Yixing, the foreign exchange student who is mysterious as , but I’ve known him since middle school as well. Amber Liu, who was a new student and from the U.S. People really don’t know why she came to our college, but she’s interesting so we just decided to accept her as one of them.

 

Not every Familiar was in the same class as me. Some of them were of lower or higher positions and well, I was in the same class with those who went to middle school with me. I also forgot to mention Oh Sehun, the man who takes everyone’s pain as his happiness. Also an old friend of mine before he turned bad yet he’s still one of smartest of this school. It doesn’t surprise me.

 

“Oh, it’s Shin Aera.” Jongin sang in a soft tone with his hands in his pockets and his body maneuvering it’s way towards the row of seats in front of me. I nodded slightly as a sign that I acknowledged his presence. “I’m going to sit in front of you, so you can get a good view of my head.”

 

“Thanks, I didn’t really like this class anyways.” Jongin turned around when he heard what I said, not totally understanding what I meant. I continued, though. “The back of your head would definitely help me fall asleep.”

 

Jongin stood up, making the seat screech against the wooden floor. His ears were red and his eyes signaled that he wanted to choke me. Jongin looked all bad boy and stuff, but the old Jongin was always the one who unconsciously did charming actions. I eventually stood up, but slower and more proper-like. It was obvious the students’ eyes were all on us.

 

Jongin, who was ill-tempered had decided to fuss over something that once again, wasn’t anything new. It was typical of him to make a fuss over anything and everything.

 

“You got a problem, pretty boy?” I attempted to provoke him.

 

He smirked, not a look of surprise evident on his face. “I actually do, gorgeous.” he set his hands on top of my desk and leaned in, his face not too far from mine. I leaned back with a raised eyebrow. “Nervous?” he whispered.

 

I leaned in, “Not at all,” I looked him in the eye and put on a bland expression. “That is if you think I’d be nervous over a boring face that makes me want to sleep, then I guess I’m nervous about not being able to get some sleep.”

 

A familiar chuckle came from the other side of the room, making Jongin and I turn our heads. It was Oh Sehun who had his hand lightly placed in front of his mouth while he chuckled. He seemed very amused at the little squabble Jongin and I put ourselves in, but Jongin eventually started it for making such an statement.

 

“Aera,” he said in a warm voice. “You haven’t changed one bit.” and with that he stopped chuckling and just smiled at me.

 

-----------

 

I groaned inwardly, knowing the things Oh Sehun did were bad to me. He always messed with my mind, looking devilishly at me and gazing as if he could see my soul and hear my heartbeat gradually go higher. We just have that hate relationship, but all in all, I know I see him in a more of a “You’re annoying and an , but you have something I like and I want to make you mine.” You know? I just like to imagine myself in someone’s arms. It’s not a bad thing.

 

“I feel like my life doesn’t make sense.”

 

Well, it didn’t. Sehun also worked the same shift I did at the recreation center. He also did just about the same volunteering hours I did. It was all a coincidence, but really, he felt like a stalker and more and more, I was the one who felt like the stalker.

 

“Yah, Sehun,” I called informally, making him whip his head in my direction immediately. “Don’t look at me like that, you idiot. Help me set this table.”

 

Sehun gave me a look and crossed his arms. He wasn’t doing anything! He just stood there and watched me set up tables and there are two more that I don’t have the strength to put up. My endurance was limited and if he wasn’t going to help then I am going to throw a table at his stupid beautiful silver hair.

 

“What do I get out of helping you?”

 

Was he serious? “Sehun, if you help me then you can get a kiss on the cheek. Now help me you little baby.”

 

“Hah! If you think I’m going to help you now, then you’re obviously wrong.” Sehun sneered and stuck his tongue out.

 

I jerked my head to the side and it moved my bangs over so I could properly see without hair in my vision. I finished setting up the table and went to the next table to set it up, only for Sehun to watch me once again. Frustration was settling through my veins and I really just wanted to punch him in the face. I could, couldn’t I? Just like one punch to knock the sense out of him?

 

Bringing me back to reality, Sehun finally helped. He seemed to be struggling though. Has he ever set up a table? It wasn’t that hard—or was he just bullting his way into helping me?

 

“Yah, if you’re not going to do it properly then don’t do it at all!” I scolded, gently nudging him away.

 

That small nudge seemed to make him a bit angry because who am I kidding? I might have provoked him in a way to make him feel so small.

 

Sehun grabbed my wrist and spun me so I could face him. I looked up at him and clicked my teeth in attempt to say “Let go.” but it seems like he couldn’t read it for he pushed me away and ran his fingers through his hair. I softly chuckled and watched him get frustrated.

 

“Do you want me to teach you how to set it up?” I asked warmly, making sure there was no edge in my voice. He seemed to want me to because the look on his face was the look of a lost puppy.

 

His expression then changed to the look of hate. He scrunched his nose and disappeared behind the doors of the dining hall. I crossed my arms and sighed, also scrunching my nose. What a jerk.

 


Author's Note ; 

lol this is aera's perspective of her first day kind of -- this chapter just contains the many ways she feels about life and how she wants to be seen also in the next chapter sehun reveals something that hasn't been revealed in this chapter by aera herself 

blah blah blah you know what it is 

im out 

i need a banana or smth idek 

p.s love, subscribe, upvote, or comment pls <3 

you don't even have to upvote; you just have to love the story by commenting and i'll feel happy even if there's no subscribe but you won't get any updates so you're kind of screwed 

anyways here's bruno wanting to give his loving to you

( ˘ ³˘)❤ ( ˘ ³˘)❤ ( ˘ ³˘)❤

- kyde