Initial Contact

CreepXing
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chap 1. Initial Contact

 

An unworthy spec of dust, that's what Yixing always think of himself. No matter what he did, no matter what he wore, people wouldn't take as much as a second glance at him- fat chance the first one was made by accident, or because of those people weren't lucky enough, therefore, caught him in their peripheral vision.

 

Yixing looked at his reflection on the elevator door, clad in everything black from head to toe, he would practically invisible in a dark room. Even the guitar case on his back was made of board and covered with fake black leather. He's actually not a fan of dark color but he thought it suited him the most. He's not an emo guy either, he taught classical guitar for elementary and highschool students for a living. Luckily his students (or their parents) never said anything about his emo colored closet- and he just got back from one of his student's house after being offered dinner with lasagna that he didn't have the heart to refuse.

 

The chinese guy opened his shared dorm door with his own key- a Pikachu little figurine dangled from it. He was pushing the heels of his right shoes with the tip of his left when his roommate said hello from the couch with a bright grin. "Yo, what are you doing here," the older Chinese-Canadian guy glanced at the transformer clock on their plain white wall and added, ".. at this time, alone?"

 

Yixing raised his eyebrow and didn't even bother to stop to put his guitar case, he padded his socked feet directly to the kitchen, "What do you mean?"

 

"I met Baekhyun yesterday. He said you guys will have a group blind date today, so why are you here now when you're supposed to be with your date somewhere more interesting?" Henry pouted, "What did you do this time? Being your unaproachable self or flaunting your disease in front of others' faces like usual?"

 

Yixing shrugged as he poured himself a glass of cold water, "Ah, I have to teach today, so I cut it short."

 

The boy on the couch stared at his friend who was now slumping himself tiredly on the couch after put his guitar case beside him, "Forget it, you didn't have to do anything with that black outfit of yours. I bet they even had a hard time to notice that you were there, 'Lay',"

 

It's funny to remember how Yixing got his nickname from Henry Lau- his roommate and a dude who came from the same country as Justin Bieber. It was from 'chameleon', which evolved into chami-'lay'-on because the older said that Yixing somehow always blended in with the background like a freaking chameleon.. or ing wallflower. Yixing didn't mind though, at all. He just hoped Henry wouldn't get himself killed because of his cornyness someday- and it could be worse (if Henry ever decided to call him 'cham' or 'camel' in short- or even ing 'flower', that is). Moreover, his nicknames was actually the one that sparked the idea of his side job nowadays.

 

"Indeed, I didn't get any attention back there.". Lay smiled while reminiscing, dimpled formed on his pale cheeks.

 

"Of course. Black was not even an option for colorful happy dates- if you ever intended to get someone, that is. Tell me the next time you would get a blind date, I'll lend you my lucky shirt." Henry grinned widely.

 

"The white one with hideous flowers?" Yixing asked as he stood up and heading to his bedroom's door.

 

"The one that made Amber fell for me." The older chinese smiled shyly while rubbing the back of his neck, it was always amusing how his androginy model of a girlfriend could stir the always sunshine guy into a blushing mess.

 

..................

 

Yixing, or actually his alter ego -that he developed since six months ago- was really famous in a 'discreet' way. He's famous but actually not that famous at the same time. He was famous for people that needed his work but not famous enough so that people wouldn't know about his work either. Felt lost?

 

Well, Lay had a website. In public's eyes it was just a normal common site for photographic lovers because he shot and posted lots of good pictures- most of it was about natures. But to people who needed Lay, they're somehow could get the password and submit their requests to Lay. Of course, they paid much, but it didn't matter since Lay always did more than great on his job.

 

Lay stalked someone, took their photos, and got paid. Easy work, easy paid. He took photo almost as good as he played guitar- and he was majoring in music back then, but his parents wouldn't regret their desicion to put Yixing in a photographic course as an extracurricular. One thing for sure though, this sidejob made money far more than his regular job as music teacher's- 4 ing months salary combine into 1 was not even close to one time he took photos.

 

Tonight, after taking a long and hot shower and told Henry that he would go to sleep, Yixing changed his Minion pajamas (the only outfit that has bright color- courtesy of Henry on his birthday) into his usual black outfit. See, black really fit him more these days was because of this job too, he could blend even more into the backgrounds and shadows, but of course Henry thought the opposite- because even him didn't know about Yixing's side secret job. Afterall, to be able to deceive your enemies, you should succeed in deceiving your friends first, that was the most basic thing.

 

Yixing couldn't go out through the window becau

Please log in to read the full chapter