Almost

CreepXing
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chap 2. Almost

 

 

'Abort mission! Abort mission!'

 

 

Someone was actually caught Lay in action. It was never happened before, so eventhough sirene loudly went off in his head, he was still one second slower in reacting- hence, the blond man with long arms caught his arm before Lay could do as much as stepping his right foot after the left one took the first step.  

 

"Where do you think you're going?" The deep voice asked coldly.

 

Lay's eyes widened at the super close proximity between the two of them and gulped, he didn't trust his own voice to answer, because he'll stuttered and looked even guiltier by then. The handsome man's free hand did a manouver and stole Lay's camera from his shaking hands. "Nooooo!" The smaller male whined, hands grasping for air- like moms just being told that the store's discount program had officially ended.

 

A long arm pinned Lay down on the tree easily, while the other one struggled with the camera. Luckily, Lay already turn it off and if someone else turned it on besides him, they'll find nothing. About 3 months ago, the small guy already installed a program incase this kind of thing happened-- because in this kind of job field it was always better be safe than sorry. When the handsome guy frowned because he didn't find what he was searching for, Lay made a smart move and stomped his feet hardly, kicking the tower guy on the sin, and pushed him hardly until the big guy landed on his - hurt and ashamed. The handsome stranger was rolling on the floor when Lay fled away from the scene, with the camera tucked safely in his arm.

 

...........

 

That was so ing close. Yixing was finally back in his room, safe, sound, and tucked in his warm converter-- albeit still a little bit shaky from the earlier event. He almost had a heart attack and lost his camera in a single night. It was the scariest night in his entire time of doing this 'stalking' job. Yixing peeked slightly through the little hole in his blanket and stared at his camera on the bedside table, the photos inside of it that he took tonight were priceless because he took awesome moments and was risking his safety along with every single one of it- very well way to ended his stalking weeks and LH would be so happy he would had to raised Lay's payment.

 

To be honest, he really couldn't wait to sent all of it through the email and get his payment. But LH just had to endure a little bit more. Tonight Yixing was so tired he couldn't keep his eyes opened for far longer than a minute now. As soon as he felt safe inside his bed turf, the exhaustion came and attack him like there's no tomorrow.

 

............

 

"Dude, did you get out last night?" Henry asked with mouth full of burnt pancakes. He grimaced a bit at the bitter taste and decided to poured more maple syrup on it.

 

Yixing was only shrugging calmly while drinking his hot and black morning coffee. He's not eating the pancakes because Henry burnt it all- so instead, he took a box of cereal from the cabinet before flopping down on the chair across his roommate.

 

Henry frowned at the minimum respond and wondered out loud, "As I thought.. But, it's kinda weird though.. I swear I heard footsteps last night," he said hesitantly in a hush voice and Yixing breathed out hard on his coffee. One hand freezed mid air as he was about reaching down to dig the cereal box on his lap. Yixing kept the edge of his mug by his lips to covered his 'subtle but almost choked by coffee' incident and his other hand in the box, because heck- Henry seemed to hear him last night. It was all because of the handsome stranger, Yixing was so shaken that he didn't as careful as always.

 

"But well anyway. What's your plan for today?" The older chinese guy already turned to his cheerful-self at the end of his sentence, bright and wide smile accompanied his spreading cheeks and small smiley eyes. Yixing couldn't be more relieved and thankful because Henry was dropping the subject easily.

 

He put his mug on the table calmly and squinted as if he was remembering his own schedule for today, "I'm going to teach a morning class, have a free afternoon, and then had another class at 6pm. Why?" He finally took a handfull of cornflakes out from the box and eat it just like that without the milk.

 

"I was going to asked you to join me and Amber for dinner tonight. She'll be back from LA this afternoon."

 

Yixing tilted his head, contemplating, "Um, thank you," he started, ".. but I don't want to be a fly on your first date after a while, dude."

 

"No need to worry, at least you won't be the only flies," the older roommate chuckled as he swept clean the remaining syrup on the plate with his fork- the burnt pancakes were successfully settled in his tummy now, "Actually, it's kind of a warm-welcome-back-home dinner with the rest of her friends, so you're very welcomed to join us too."

 

Yixing swallowed his cornflakes hardly. Amber's and Henry's friends meant highclass people. Models, actors, rich guys, handsome and gorgeous people, those- out of Yixing's world- kind of people would be there. If hanging out with Baekhyun's friends and Yixing was a ing wallflower, then he surely would be an invisible doormate when hanging out with Henry's. He would need a catalyst to survive the night, and t

Please log in to read the full chapter