PERFECT

Once In Your Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You know, it’s okay to speak.”

She was there again, when he returned the next night. This time, she didn’t wait for him. She merely stood up and began to walk away, like she knew her presence bothered him in a way.

And it did.

It unsettled him. But the fact that it was so obvious that she had suddenly begun to mirror that cold light in his eyes was even more unsettling.

“Wait.” He winced when he heard himself.

His voice, unused over the past weeks was still the same. Hoarse and completely devoid of the beauty it had once possessed. It all seemed a long time ago. But he shook his head and continued to speak. “I’m sorry. I’m not really up to any kind of company. It’s nothing against you. Really.”

Her eyes, which had been cold a moment ago, had turned soft and understanding. He gritted his teeth.

Pity.

He already had so much of that for himself, and he didn’t need it from anyone else.

“Oh. You’re voice -”

He cut her off. “Wren, wasn’t it? My name is -.” His voice faded almost to nothing at the mention of his name, and he wasn’t sure she even heard it.

‘Baekhyun.’

“Baekhyun.” She nodded. “You know, I’d say I’m sorry for what happened, but I doubt you’d want to hear something like that.” She began to step towards him again, but she still looked wary.

Baekhyun smiled ruefully and nodded. “Exactly.”

“You mind if I sit?” Wren asked. “I mean now that you’re less hostile, I guess I could relax a bit.” She didn’t wait f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter