Part 4 - The End

Blindsided

You quickly wipe the tears away from your eyes before they could fall as you look upon the picture surrounded by candles and white flowers.

"He was too young..."

"What a brave man."

"What a bright future he had ahead of him..."

Hushed voices filled the room as everyone made their appearance out of respect for the deceased. You looked over at the side of the room at his family. His mother barely keeping it together as guests give their condolences.

"Unnie..." Your sister's soft voice rings in your ear, grabbing your attention. "It's our turn."

You give her a small smile before willing yourself to the front of the room. Both you and your sister take the time to bow and let your thoughts and thanks repeat in your head. Although yours was momentarily blank, unsure of the thanks that you actually wanted to give him. There were too many.

You two make your way to the family as the mother's eyes light up in recognition.

"__________-ah..." She says softly while bowing her head. "Thank you so much for coming."

"Of course... I'm so sorry... for your loss..." You bow your head in respect, trying to keep your tears at bay.

"It's your loss as well... I know how close you two were..." She says with a sigh and bows her head again, "Thank you for taking such good care of him after all these years working together."

You bit the bottom of your lip and shook your head, "He was the one who took care of me. He even was the one who helped me save my sister." You gesture towards your sister, "For that, I will forever be in debt to him..."

"I'm sure he'll be smiling upon you two, knowing both of your lives will be better... and happier." She manages to say with a sincere smile, breaking your heart even more. "I've also heard about your promotion as Director now... Congratulations."

You couldn't bring yourself to smile as sincerely as she did but simply thanked her. After exchanging your goodbyes, you and your sister quietly leave the room.

"Unnie... are you okay?" Your sister asked while hooking onto your arm, giving you the warmth and support you needed as you two exited the building.

You simply nodded and gave her a smile, "Yeah, it's just not getting any easier..."

She suddenly stops you, making you face her before wrapping her arms around you. Warmth and happiness filled your chest, even though after the funeral, you didn't feel like you deserved it.

"Unnie... stop beating yourself up about this. Everyone who was apart of this mission knew the dangers of it. The Double Dragon Gang were dangerous killers... these men took on this mission with you because they knew that and wanted to make things right for girls like me..." She pulls back and you see tears forming at the corner of her eyes. "You all saved me and the other girls. You all put your lives in danger and knew that. Even... Seunghyun oppa."

You stared back at your sister and saw how she glowed in the light. Her skin was no longer blue and purple but a milky white. Her cheeks flushed and her hair was soft and flowing in the wind. That's right. No matter what had happened that night, this was the image you were hoping to see for the rest of your life. Your sister healthy and happy standing before you. Not only her, but many other girls who fell into the hands of the wrong people.

It was reasons like this that you were in this job. That goes for everyone who had lost their lives out there.

"Oppa!" Your thoughts were interrupted as you see your sister's face light up at the sight of someone behind you. She rushes towards him and envelopes him into a hug.

"Yah! Yumi, becareful!" You scold her immediately although you couldn't help but keep your smile off your face at the sight of him.

"It's okay, ________-ah." The deep voice you missed so much tickled your ears as he smiled down at you and your sister, "How've you been doing, Yumi-ah?" TOP says while patting her on the head.

"How could you be so horrible, oppa?" Yumi scolds while crossing her arms, "You missed almost all of the funerals for your own agents... No wonder you got fired as Director."

"YAH! YUMI!" You gasped and whacked your sister on the arm.

"I know, I'm sorry." TOP laughs while scratching the back of his head, "The doctor wouldn't let me get out of the hospital any sooner... I'm sorry."

"And he didn't get fired, Yumi. He quit the force." You said with a sigh while massaging your temple from an approaching headache. "This girl..."

"Well, whatever it is. Seunghyun oppa has to pay his respects now. Come on!" Yumi says before running off into the building again, leaving you two staring at each other dumbfounded.

"She's getting livelier and livelier each day, huh?" TOP says with a chuckle.

"Mm. I mean, that's good right? Not only does she feel in debt to everyone part of the mission... but she's finally going back to how she was before, despite all that happened to her..." You trail off and shiver at the thought of what she had gone through for the past few years.

Suddenly, TOP's strong arms wraps around your shoulders, bringing you in closer to his side as you look up at his gentle face, "It's okay... She's safe now."

A smile spreads on your lips as you nod, more confident than ever. "I'm glad you're safe too." You say full of emotion, thinking back to the darkest moment of your life when you thought TOP had died the moment his hand fell to his side... and the pure relief and happiness you felt when the doctors told you he was stable and that he'd live.

It was in that moment you truly realized you didn't care about his past, the Double Dragon gang, or anything else. You only cared about the sole fact that you loved him and that you couldn't lose him ever again.

As if thinking the same thing, a warm smile appears before he leans forward capturing your lips with his in a gentle and loving kiss. He pulls back slowly, letting you melt at the after effect of his kiss.

"Come on, we should go. Before your sister kills me." He jokes before taking your hand in his.

You two walked towards the entrance of the building in comfortable silence, enjoying each other's presence and feeling thankful that you could be with each other like this.

"Ah, but I guess you're only going to be safe until this weekend..." You suddenly speak, trying to hold your smile down. TOP turns to look at you with a raised brow.

"Why?"

"Because," You begin, "I'm going to tell my dad that I have a boyfriend."

TOP's eyes widen as his face showed pure fear and anxiety. "Oh god..." was all he managed to say as you saw his brain start working overtime to come up with a plan.

The sight of an ex-gang member and director of Korea's top police agency getting so worried over meeting his girlfriend's father brought a wide smile to your face. You gently hooked onto his arm, grabbing his attention.

"Don't worry." You said as you pulled him down to place a kiss on his cheek.

"I'll protect you."

- - -

This is the end of Blindsided. :) Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this mini-story.

I had no idea it was going to turn out this way when I posted the first part as a one-shot, so thank you to those who urged me to continue it.

Comments and your thoughts will be much appreciated!

Love you all <3