part two

Rings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: a lot of this won't make sense if you haven't read the prequel to this, which you can read here


 

 

Somewhere along the lines however, Luhan's brain kicked in and soft hands pushing at his chest made Sehun break away.

"Sorry" he blurted out, wiping his mouth on the back of his sleeve. Yeah, right. Luhan didn't believe he was sorry for an instant.

Did he want him to be?

Coughing slightly, he beckoned that Sehun come in, and he did, tipping his head slightly in appreciation.

"You dyed your hair" commented Sehun. He had, sacrificing his peroxide-blonde locks of last year for a warmer mahogany that many had said made him appear to be 'more mature.' Sehun's comment hadn't expressed an opinion, and was a mere statement of fact. Luhan took it as a good thing all the same.

The brown haired boy's lips still tingled in a way Xiumin had never evoked from him, the memory ghosting his face like the kiss was still taking place. Confused and still feeling heady, he turned his back on him and flustered over a teapot. "Want some tea?"

Sehun shrugged lightly. "Sure, I guess."

Soon after and the pair were sat at the kitchen table, sounds of sips from teacups filling the room. Luhan didn't want to be the first to start conversation, but now it felt almost... awkward.

"So," Sehun broke the silence "what have you been doing this past year?"

That should be a simple question to answer, but as always Luhan found himself speechless.

"It's okay" Sehun smirked. "Answering isn't compulsory."

Luhan bobbed his head up and down in agreement, running a hand through his hair once he realized he'd been nodding too much and he was acting strange again.

"You hungry?" Luhan questioned. Thankfully, he didn't trip up over his words that time.

"I can wait."

Sehun downed his tea while Luhan took tentative sips. The mug soon empty, he raised it a little and smiling, commented "some things you don't realize you miss until they're gone." Getting up, he went next door to browse the living room. Luhan had no choice but to follow, scraping his chair against the tiles of his floor and taking his mug with him.

He reached the living room just in time to see Sehun step away from the mantelpiece, expression just a little too tight, a little too forced.

"What're you doing?" asked Luhan, finishing his tea and setting it down on his coffee table. It seemed a long time ago that the two had rested their feet on it together, leaning against one another. Luhan shook the thought out of his head.

"Nothing." Luhan raised an eyebrow, and the corner of Sehun's lip twitched.

"Sure?"

It was obvious Sehun was lying, and apparently Sehun realized that too. "I was just looking at the pictures" the taller nodded his head towards the mantelpiece. Luhan's eyes flickered towards where Sehun had gestured and straight away found what he must have been drawn to.

A picture stood proudly, in the shiniest frame of them all, of Luhan with his arms flung round Sehun's neck, their eyes nothing but lines under the glare of the sun.

Sehun shrugged. "I miss those times" he commented, maybe in case Luhan didn't get it despite it being completely unmissable. His finger moved as he drew back close again towards the photo, touching the glass to trace the outline of their figures together. It made Luhan feel all funny inside. Like they were not two separate identities, and instead just this one conjoined person.

Somehow, being around Sehun changed him. Different rules applied with him, and Luhan himself was still working it out.

For example, he would never have allowed another man to touch him the way Sehun did as he lifted a hand to his cheek and it like he did the photograph. Maybe it was all the associations that came with it. All the impossible associations that Luhan couldn't control himself succumbing to.

Smiling softly, Sehun's hands left his face and slid into Luhan's grasp. "So, what do you want to do?"

"Um..." he didn't know how to respond, simple though the question may be. His brain eventually realized that the way Sehun's thumb caressed his palm was not that of the way platonic friends do, and tugged his hand back out of his grasp. He needed to be able to control himself. "I think- Just, I think we shouldn't-"

"Friends can hold hands, right?" His face was mere centimetres away from Luhan's and the heat of his breath dazed the man for long enough for his hand to be violated once more.

"I, ah- I forgot to go shopping-"

Sehun's smile was dazzling. "Well then" he straightened himself up, forcing Luhan to move back. "Let's go."

Dazed, Luhan agreed. "Yeah... let's go."

*

Sehun behaved himself for the entirety of the journey, but not once did his hand leave Luhan's. They could find only one supermarket open on Christmas day and much to his delight, they did indeed sell mince pies. "I'll behave myself this time" he winked, and Luhan couldn't tell if Sehun noticed his palm grow clammy at his words.

After unpacking, Sehun asked if there were anymore photos of them. Luhan had blushed when he'd pulled out the little pink album, only half full since neither of them had anticipated how abrupt their ending would be.

"Where did you find all these from?" Sehun quizzed.

"Some of them your mum gave to me after... after the funeral." They generally didn't talk about any of that stuff. It seemed weird when a perfectly healthy Sehun was standing right there.

"Ah." He didn't say anymore on the matter.

There weren't many photographs, but the ones they had were sweet and each provided something to talk about.

One of the pictures was of a girl. "Who's this?" asked Sehun, pulling the image out of its small plastic home.

"No way, you don't remember Jessica?"

Sehun's eyes widened and then he began to laugh. "You put a picture of Jessica in our photo album?" His laughter slowly transformed into a sly grin as he glanced over to Luhan. "Jessica was totally mine."

"Oh really?" Luhan said playing along, raising his eyebrows in mock contempt. "How can you be so sure of that?"

"Because I was the one, hyung" he leant in, so close that his breath tickled Luhan's ear. "To kiss her first."

This time Luhan's slack jaw was real shock. "You never told me you actually kissed her!"

Sehun leaned back, grinning like the Cheshire cat. "There's a lot I haven't told you about."

Luhan couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Sehun, if there's anything else I swear to god."

Sehun just folded his arms, still grinning.

Luhan didn't even think about it when he climbed on top of his lap and smacked at his chest. "Hyung, tell me!" At first this elicited nothing but laughter, but then a soft moan broke through the giggles. Glancing down, Luhan realized how very close he was in proximity to Sehun's crotch.

"Oh." Oh. It was way too easy to forget that for today, Sehun was still effectively an overly hormonal boy once more. He fell more than shuffled off Sehun's lap. Sehun's lip twitched apologetically.

"Right, um, so pictures..."

*

That year, it didn't snow.

*

"Do you know what I think we should do?" Sehun asked, playing with Luhan's fingers gently.

"What?" asked Luhan.

Sehun looked up at him, still wiggling his fingers about on top of the couch. "We should play a game."

He couldn't deny it, the suggestion was strange. Games he associated with children, and he lost time and patience with such things quite a while back.

"What kind of game?" he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter