5 |

Just the two of us

 

Taeyeon's ballpoint pen dropped, creating an ugly yet beautiful mark across her sketchbook. She once told her students, "nothing can ever go wrong with sketching. Art, you see.. is beautiful in all forms. Art is something you can feel even in its simplest form. You can create and recreate so dont be afraid of what you might think is 'messing up'." It was her Autumn sketchbook, one with a leather cover, warm yellow with a tint of pink. She looked at the mark she had just made and turned it into a crack on the sidewalk joining lines with the veins of a leaf. Cement, although is hard, has its weak spots as well she thought, but her eyes shifted back to the leaves. 'Leaves..' She closed it before returning her gaze on little red riding hood. 

Before she could even utter a 'Hi,' the other girl had already invited herself into Taeyeon's personal space. The girl reached out and grabbed Taeyeon's hand for a shake. 'A handshake?' she thought looking at the soft hands that had a good hold on hand. 

She then glanced up to the girl who had the same eyes as her. 'Nevermind it's just a girl who looks lik-

"It's finally nice to meet you. You're such an inspiration to me."

'and sounds... like my -'  Taeyeon held in her breath trying to control what felt like boiling blood and hot tears.

"Oh sorry, I didn't introduce myself. My name is Tiffany Hwang."

'Fany..'

She retrieved her hand back abruptly noticing she had just said it out loud, but was lucky enough that Tiffany had not heard. Her face grew hot only because she was confused. Tiffany, the one who lifted her pinky at the airport for her, just introduced herself to Taeyeon. 

"I've heard many things about you. Professor. Lee? He was a guest lecturer in one of my art classes. He had a whole powerpoint on you."

"Damn it, Prof. Lee."

Tiffany gave a sweet chuckle. Taeyeon looked up confused, not realizing she also said that out loud. "He's very fond of you."

"Thanks." Taeyeon avoided her eyes. She refused to look into Tiffany's eyes because she was afraid of finding out answers to questions she had. She had been doing well moving on in the last four years. 

"So you're Kim Taeyeon, right?"

"This is your first time meeting me?"

"Yes it is.. Why?..Unless they had a surprise guest lecturer on the day I skipped. Please tell me you didn't." 

'Yes it is..' Taeyeon felt her lips curl down. 'Memory lost.. I see.' She nodded to herself.

"Well it was nice to meet you, but im tight on schedule. Please email me if you have anything to discuss about .. art that is..or whatever." Taeyeon took out her wallet out. She looked at how many business cards she had. One. Never did she like contact with humans. She handed Tiffany her last card and got up. In the process, her sketchbook fell. "Sorry, Im in a hurry." Taeyeon hated herself for lying, but this was all too much for her to handle. She just wanted to be in her little bubble. This bubble, she was sure she wasnt going to let anyone in. She wanted to cry, some part of her wanted Tiffany to remember, and other parts she didn't. Why? She didn't know either.

She left the scene leaving Tiffany clueless and confused. Tiffany noticed the sketchbook on the ground. She quickly picked it up and it accidentally flipped to a page with scribbles on the right hand side. To the center was a beautifully sketched tree. There was a girl sitting against it, writing in a book with her headphones on or something. There was a backpack and a guitar case near her. On the other side of the tree was a blanket laid out with a few wrinkles and a picnic basket. She was confused. She put it in her bag and mentally told herself to contact Taeyeon after running her errands.

Taeyeon had a rough night. She worked on her project past her usual bed time. She always sat toward the front of class, and she didn't have time to make herself some coffee that day. She could feel her eyelids getting heavier by the second. She was digging around in her bag for something when someone placed something in front of her. The thing she was just looking for. 

"It dropped when you left." She whispered leaning into Taeyeon's ear as she kept her eyes on the professor.
"Ahh.. thanks" Taeyeon whispered back. She didn't feel like sketching anymore.
"I forgot to email you last night." She whispered again. "To return it." She continued.

Taeyeon was getting uncomfortable. She felt the professor's eyes on her.

"I just remembered about your sketchbook when I saw you sitting. I didnt know we shared a cla-"
"You didn't look at it did you?" She turned her head looking at Tiffany with a quickness. She didn't realize how close Tiffany was. Their noses touched and her breath hitched. Tiffany stared at her stiffly. Taeyeon could feel sweat forming.
"I-I picked it up and might have seen a page." She moved away.

Taeyeon was uneasy. She slipped her precious book into her bag. Someone saw something private and she did not like it. She turned her gaze back to the professor and decided to pay attention. Her mind was a factory. 'What more did she see in that sketchbook? What page did she see? Was it the leaves..? the swans? the tree? Taeyeon gulped... Her face?' No. She wasn't paying attention. Her eyes were on the speaking lady in front of her, but her mind was elsewhere.The heartaches came back, she needed to leave. It was too dangerous. 

For the first time, she stood up and left the room in the middle of a lecture. She couldn't be in Tiffany's presence. Because Tiffany leaned in a little too close, and she realized the scent of Tiffany never changed; it was the way her hair moved by itself, this time not from the hands of Taeyeon who used to sweep the bangs away; it was because she couldn't understand why everything stayed the same except her memories, it was like her heart wouldn't stop pounding even if she took a knife and stabbed it. It was that aura she missed. Tiffany's innocent, sweet, kind, and oblivious aura. She was in it again. 

"Hey, where are you going?" the girl followed.
"Why are you following me?" She questioned, pausing in her tracks looking a bit irritated.
"Can we talk about art.. and "whatever".. over tea?" Tiffany hesitantly asked.

Taeyeon noticed they were conversing with questions and it bugged her. Taeyeon stared at her for a while. Tea.

-flash*-
"What smells good here? Can i have some of what you're wearing?" Tiffany laid next to Taeyeon.
"Will you do me a favor and grab me that travel mug?" She pointed to the travel mug that was to her left all the way over by her bag. Tiffany was on her right.
"This one?" She reached over Taeyeon and her hair fell over Taeyeon's face. She loved the scent of shampoo Tiffany used. Whatever it was.
"Yes." Tiffany didn't rush getting it so Taeyeon had time to play with Tiffany's hair. Tiffany crawled back to her position but stopped halfway at Taeyeon's neck and sniffed her. Taeyeon tried hard to contain her feelings.
"You don't smell fruity."
"Try some." She got up from her position and faked a cough to let out the air she held in.
"What is it?" She opened the top. "Tea! This is where it's coming from! Oh my gosh, i can already taste it." She took a careful sip. "You're not getting this back." Taeyeon let out a chuckle, turning around and continuing to sketch her secret works.
"I'll promise and make you some tomorrow. Will you be coming here?"
"oooh~ A promise?"
"Yes, you're only lucky today. So will you?"
"Depends."
"Depends?"
"If I get a good night sleep or not," she said.
-*back-

Taeyeon remembered that night she heard the ambulance down the street. She didn't know what happened or who it was. She thought about it again just now with Tiffany standing in front of her. That was the last time they met, just the two of them in their little circle before Tiffany brought Siwon in. She didn't break her promise. She did make the tea. Tiffany just wasn't there..

"You still have my card, right?" The questions continued.

-----

Author's note:
yay~ A Continuation! hello :) I did this on my phone and i wanted to post this up. I will fix the errors soon~