Chapter 1

{One Shot} Just Jiyong...

 

Two years later…

“You’ve only been staying with me for two weeks and now you’re leaving me already.” Bom pouted slapping Yumi’s arm. They were having their morning jog along Han River right outside Bom’s dorm.

“Bommie. I know you will miss me. But you’re quite busy with promotions too. The apartment is just a few blocks away from the restaurant so it’s very convenient. You can come visit me anytime at the restaurant.” Yumi gave Bom a nice tight hug.

“But there’s nothing like a personal executive chef living with me in my dorm!” Bom reasoned out like a child.

“Noona!” A guy called out letting his dog loose as the cute dog ran towards Bom.

“Boss!” She cooed sitting on the grass cuddling Boss. The dog was practically all over her face but she didn’t mind and gave the dog the same affection.

“Boss likes you a lot noona.” Youngbae smiled awed by the sight of his dog and Bom.

“How was your trip to Japan?” Bom asked standing up holding on to Boss’ leash.

“I bought Dara noona, CL and Minzy presents from Japan.” Youngbae’s eye smile was enchanting leaving both Bom and Yumi in awe.

“Yah! Don’t tell me you didn’t buy me one.” Bom slapped Youngbae’s arm playfully.

“Would I ever dare to forget? Of course I did. I’ll give you the present later.” Youngbae answered and ran off with Boss.

Yumi studied Bom’s face looking at Youngbae’s figure disappearing from her eyes.

“I can see you fancy someone.” Yumi has been friends with Bom since high school and she knows well enough to read her slight gestures.

“Yeah. I fancy a dog. I’m in love with a dog…and I can’t be in love with a dog because it’s not right…” Bom’s eyes were misty. Yumi patted Bom’s back embracing her best friend sideways. She knew right away that Bom wasn’t referring to the dog but his owner.

“Being in love with him isn’t wrong either. The question is…do you love him enough to defy your president’s order of not dating within YG?” Yumi tried her best to comfort her best friend but it pains her not being able to do more for her.

“Can’t you just live with me? Marry me Yumi. Let’s just become spinsters together like we promised when we graduated high school.” Bom sniffed. Yumi chuckled at the thought.

“I’m sorry. I’m already spoken for.” Yumi answered coyly.

“Yeah right. The gorgeous Akanishi Jin you’ve been fangirling over for the longest time.”

*****

Yumi just came from London and worked as an apprentice for a famous chef there right before going back to Korea landing an offer as an executive chef at a newly opened restaurant.

She’s been friends with Bom since high school. She’s never had a boyfriend. Mainly because she runs off the moment she senses a guy is interested. She’s only had her heart set on one guy…Akanishi Jin…her ultimate dream guy. The only guy that caught her eye and made her heart flutter.

They arrived exhausted at the dorm.  Bom went straight to their room to take a shower so she could be early for her dance rehearsals with the rest of the girls.

Yumi opened the door when as soon as someone buzzed in. She frowned at the sight of a bald guy smiling lazily. She left the door open for him.

Bom called out asking who it was.

“It’s just Jiyong!” Yumi yelled going straight to the kitchen.

Jiyong followed her.

“I’m hungry Yumi. Give me something to eat.” Jiyong commanded playfully standing right behind her as she peered down the refrigerator.

“I should really charge you for my services.” Yumi muttered as she brought out something to cook for him.

“What’s your plan for today?” Jiyong asked following Yumi around the kitchen, watching her every move as she made her magic in the kitchen.

“Signing my lease contract for my apartment and then going to my kitchen at the restaurant to make sure I have everything I need before I start working.” Yumi answered lazily.

“Fine. I’ll be your chauffer. Just cook something nice. I’m starving.” Jiyong sat on the dinner table smiling.

Minzy peeked in on the kitchen smelling the aroma. Bom followed suit after smelling food.

“You’re here again? Don’t you have food in your apartment?” Bom said sitting beside Jiyong.

“We have. But it’s not as first class as the food in here.” Jiyong answered back.

“Are you sure you’ve been hanging out here JUST BECAUSE OF THE FOOD?” Bom cocked an eyebrow at Jiyong.

Jiyong glared at her and smiled the moment he saw Yumi with a beautifully plated food for him. Yumi brought out Minzy and Bom’s plate right after and headed straight to the bathroom for a quick shower.

*****

Yumi fumbled on wearing denim shorts, a white vneck shirt, a few vintage necklace pieces, red stilettos and a fedora hat before heading out to the living room.

She found Bom and Jiyong lying on the couch. Jiyong newly showered himself wearing distressed jeans and a white vneck. Bom laughed at the sight of both Yumi and Jiyong looking at each other frozen.

“You two are so coordinated.”  Bom sneered at Jiyong. Yumi squeezed herself in between them throwing off her fedora hat on the coffee table.

“Yumi…what would you suggest I sing at our upcoming concert?” Bom asked after a moment of silence.

“Forever with you…” Yumi answered smiling looking at the ceiling and not minding Jiyong’s hand fondling the vintage necklace that lay neatly on her stomach. “But…you have to do the rap parts your self too.” The three of them laughed in unison imaging the horror of Bom rapping Jiyong and Seung Hyun’s part of the song.

“Yumi…who do you fancy in Big Bang the most?” Bom asked. Yumi stole a glance at her friend sensing that she was up to something. Yumi smirks after having thought of a counter attack.

“None. Seungri is that guy in high school that always flirts with every pretty girl but gets no date at all. Daesung i’s that guy that would always crack up a joke in the middle of a serious History subject. He’s the ever reliable male bestfriend.” Yumi sighed at the thought.

“Seung Hyun is that special guy in high school one would pine over for the longest time…he’d rarely show up in class, will only have a few friends and he’d end up being famous dating some hot Victoria Secret model. Youngbae…” Yumi made a dramatic pause, look at Bom then smiled “…seems like the best friend’s perfect boyfriend.” Yumi smiled to herself earning triumph seeing Bom blush immensely.

“What about me?” Jiyong asked curiously tugging on to Yumi’s necklace.

“You’re just Jiyong. Who else would you be?” Yumi muttered ignoring his plea.

“Yumi…indulge me with your Akanishi Jin encounter…” Bom asked pouting after seeing Yumi’s look of disapproval. “PLEASE!!!!”

“Not again!!!” Yumi sighed but with enthusiasm as yet she will have the chance to retell her story.

“The weather in London was gloomy and cold but to my surprise, I woke up in a rather happy mode knowing deep inside, that something good will happen to me. It was an ordinary busy day in the kitchen on a Saturday night.” Yumi rested her head sideways facing Bom, turning her back on Jiyong as he still held on to the necklace his arm over her stomach for an embrace.

“The head waiter said that we have VIP guests on Table No. 4. I asked their orders and who they were. A Hollywood producer, Keanu Reeves, other Hollywood actors and Japanese actors one of which was THE AKANISHI JIN…” Yumi giggled and squealed like a girl causing Jiyong to spoon her. Bom steals a look at Jiyong and gives him a smirk.

“I made my specialty for him. I knew it was his favorite. I just had to do it. I asked the waiter to give Jin my dish and just simply say it’s just complements from the chef. The waiter came back and Jin was quite baffled being the only one to receive such and insists on thanking me personally…” Yumi sighed closing her eyes remembering the moment.

“…but I didn’t come out. I was scared to see him face to face…scared that if I meet my dream guy personally, reality would too much and I won’t have my dream guy back. I intend to keep my Akanishi Jin as my dream guy. He is too precious for me. Besides, you just told me that we’d end up being spinsters together.” I smiled at Bom consolingly.

“You should really let yourself go and have a boyfriend Yumi. You always get scared. Boys don’t bite….” Bom uttered sitting up fixing herself as Minzy called her out to go. Before Bom left she said “…unless you want them too.” She gave out a playful wink.

Yumi laughed at Bom’s remark. Not minding Jiyong’s arm still around her. She felt Jiyong moving an inch closer for a spoon.

The unfamiliar throbbing in her heart made her sensitive with every touch he made and how their bodies became so close to each other.

She was breathing heavily as she felt his hot breath brushing on her neck whilst he wiped off the hairs that covered her neck. She almost jumped out of her skin the moment she felt Jiyong’s lips brushing on her bare neck. She pulled away but Jiyong’s grip on her waist was relentless.

“Yah. Let go of me. It’s not funny anymore.” Yumi let out a nervous laughter.

“It’s been bugging me…Are you really that forgetful? Are you really this dense? Or are you just trying to ignore me all this time?” Jiyong muttered softly making Yumi lie on her back as he turned to her sideways, his head resting on his hand for a recline to get a better view of her face while the other hand tucked in on the other side of her waist placing her neatly beside him.

“I wish I didn’t have to leave that night so your sober face could’ve seen me clear. Noona shouldn’t have forced you to drink…but then again…I wouldn’t have had the chance to be your first kiss…” Jiyong uttered huskily as his hand traced on to her stomach up to cup her face making her turn to him.

“When Noona said her friend from London whom I haven’t supposedly met will be staying for few weeks with her, I was delighted. But then I remembered you said you just kissed a little boy right after touching my hair.”

“I shaved my hair so I’d look mature.” Jiyong shifted and now hovered over Yumi’s frame locking her in place with both his arms between her face and his knees between her hips. Yumi wanted to move but couldn’t as she was still processing everything feeling all is but a blur.

“I met Jin once in a music program. He’s okay but you should just forget about him.” Jiyong’s voice was dismissed.

“I don’t care that you don’t like younger guys. I just don’t care...and I'm not gonna let you run off either... But I’m not gonna be just Jiyong to you.” He leaned down and kissed her making her remember that passionate kiss they shared two years ago on the same couch but this time, she was well aware of every little detail. Every single curve on his face was a work of art. The lips she once said was beautiful couldn’t even measure up to words how exquisitely delicious it looked without the influence of vodka in her mind. The eyes she wanted to see ever so clearly back then was now piercing down on her.

“I am your Kwon Jiyong. Remember that.”