CHAPTER TWO

Hate + Love = HLOVATE

Another beautiful Sunday morning appeared as the sun shines brightly but …

This girl named Byun ____ -you- was giving no sign of waking up. Perhaps you were exhausted due to your ‘brainstorming’ last night. Wonder what’s going to happen today?

The alarm clock rang exactly at half past six in the morning. You who were still half awaked, opened your eyes slowly & let out a big yawn. Searching for the alarm clock beside the bed, you grabbed it once you saw it; still ringing loudly as if it’s really trying to wake you up which annoyed you a bit. You immediately turned it off & glanced at the time.

“6.30..” You let out another yawn & got off the bed while doing some morning exercises with some stretches. You glanced at the clock again & that’s when it all hits you. You surely don’t remember setting an alarm to wake up & in fact, it’s still early. This could be only one thing for sure …

“Park.Chan.Yeol.”
You muttered the name you hated the most while gritting your teeth in anger.

Surely, you really want to have the revenge on him as soon as possible but yet, you still haven’t had something interesting; something that means the world to you to see him suffer right in front of your eyes. Letting out a long breath for a few times, you finally managed to calm yourself down. You grabbed your towel & headed to the bathroom to wash yourself or perhaps, while showering, you could have a thought of something about the revenge.

Some might thought having a revenge on a small matter is quite childish & of course, it doesn’t seem to fit a person like you neither that Chanyeol kid but this is how the two of you ‘communicate’ & ‘interact’ with one another. Who cares about being mature or not?

** **

Climbing down the stairs, you hummed a song happily & why are you happy again? You don’t even know why. Perhaps you thought today is your day; the day to revenge even though you still haven’t found something that would suit your taste on revenging.

You headed towards the kitchen once you reached the living room. You wanted to prepare a breakfast for your brother like you always did. You don’t need to take time to think what’s for breakfast, you just grabbed some bread & made some toast. You even made a cup of coffee for Baekhyun & a cup of tea for yourself.

You were busy preparing the simple breakfast that you didn’t give a little damn at someone who was quietly spying on you. Done with the simple meal, you turned around to exit the kitchen & went upstairs to wake your brother up to have breakfast together as usual. And when you did turn around, to your surprise, ‘he’ was standing right in front of you; staring at you while smirking like a maniac. And who was ‘he’ again? Oh yeah.. Of course, the jerk …

‘Park.Chan.Yeol.’ You thought of his name in your mind as you gave him a glare while he was still smirking & made his way towards you. You don’t even know why but as you saw him, walking towards you with that creepy smirk plastered across his face, you slowly took a few steps backward. As he came nearer, you have no way to go & that’s making you feeling a bit ‘scared’ but … why?

Chanyeol was only three feet away from you right now & again, he came nearer towards you & now, he’s right in front of you. You bravely looked up at him & stared straight into his eyes so did he. He leaned down –since you’re shorter compared to him-, you close your eyes tightly but then, you heard his laughter. You opened your eyes only to see him, smirking while holding your cup of tea.

“Ya! That’s mine!!”
You said in annoyance & quickly grabbed the cup before he could even take a single sip from it. He was –of course- not that surprised due to your action instead, he smiled adoringly & opened his mouth to utter his words,

“Make me some too.”
As he said that, he went to the table, took a sit & started to eat the toast you made. You glanced at his way in both annoyed & irritated.
“Go on & call Baek oppa down, I’ll make the tea for you.” You said in anger & turned your gaze to make the tea for that Chanyeol kid. Then, you heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen & soon, followed by a voice greeting ‘Good morning’ which was obviously your brother.

You didn’t answer him or even look at him. You just needed to put sugar in the tea so you went to find it but instead, you found the salt. You stared at it for a moment & thought of something. A creepy grin formed across your lips, ‘A salted-tea would do.’
You grabbed the salt & secretly took a glance at Chanyeol & your brother who were chit-chatting. You grinned again & immediately put about three spoons of salt into Chanyeol’s tea. Then, you stirred it while grinning like a maniac you are. Satisfied with your ‘work’, you placed yours & Chanyeol’s tea on the table. Deep inside, you really hope he’ll drink that salted-tea.

“____-ah, tomorrow’s your birthday. What do you want?” Baekhyun asked as he started the conversation. You glanced his way & finished your toast before answering, “Just anything, I don’t really mind except pink teddy bear.” As you spoke the words ‘pink teddy bear’, you glanced to Chanyeol’s way & glared at him. Ever since your brother knew him & ever since your birthdays, Chanyeol would come & give you a pink teddy bear every single year even though he knew you hated pink. Chanyeol gave you a look innocently. Baekhyun nodded slightly & took a sip of his coffee.

You were eating the toast ‘greedily’ until you choked. You panicked & immediately took the cup of tea which was for Chanyeol & drank it. Before you could even gulp the tea, you immediately ran to the sink & vomited everything inside your mouth. Baekhyun & Chanyeol were looking at you confusedly before changing a what-the-hell-just-happened look.

Your face was flushing red. You went towards Chanyeol & smacked his head hard.
“Ouch!” He groaned in pain. Baekhyun looked at you in surprise while you were giving Chanyeol another smack before you went to your room without looking back at the kitchen.

“What the hell was that for?” Chanyeol asked in pain. Baekhyun shrugged & he didn’t know what to say. Just what’s wrong with his sister just now?
Chanyeol immediately took the tea that you just drank & sniffed it. Then, he took a sip of it & that’s when it hits him. ‘Someone just dug her own hole.’ He thought & quickly took a sip of his tea –which was originally yours- since that salted-tea was not a joke. “Baek, she dug her own hole.” Chanyeol told Baekhyun & he understood what’s his friend was saying.

Baekhyun got up from his seat & excused himself. He went upstairs towards your room. He thought he really need to tell you everything; just E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.
As he reached your room, he was about to grab the door knob when he heard a soft sob coming from inside of the room. He knew you were crying right now. He slowly grabbed the door knob & twisted it opened. Fortunately, you forgot to lock the door & he entered your room.

“Hey.”
You heard your brother’s voice from behind. You quickly wiped your tears away & gazed up only to see your brother’s stares. You cleared your throat & spoke nothing. Baekhyun took a sit right next to you. Then, he held your hand & caressed it while saying,
“Listen ____-ah..” He stopped. You looked at your brother, waiting for his words. “Just stop this. Stop bickering with Chanyeol. It’s not even worth it for yo—“ Before he could even finished, you cut him,
“Stop what? He started it. You should tell him instead. Why are you blaming me on this? Why? And .. Why is he doing this to me? Do you really think I like to be this way, to bicker with him, to have a stupid revenge on him? Just.. Just why is he doing this to me? I-I just don’t u-understand.” You pulled your hand away from Baekhyun’s grip.

Baekhyun lets out a soft sigh but you can barely heard it. You looked away; avoiding your brother’s eye-contact. Baekhyun opened his mouth to speak something that he’s been longing to say to you, to his beloved sister, “I think I know why he always does those things to you. I know exactly what it is. I know him very well. It’s a way he expresses his feelings to someone. Which means he L.I.K.E.S you.” With that, he walked away from your room, leaving you alone in both confusion & curiosity.

You glanced around your room & your gaze fell on your collection of pink teddy bears. You got them every single year from ‘him’ & you expected to have another new one tomorrow. You took one of the teddy bear & looked at it. Your lips curled up to form a smile; a bitter one.

‘Is it true he likes me?’

 TO BE CONTINUED