Birthday Wish.

Inside These Veins.

Spring was seeping through the slightly ajar window, a warm breeze flowing slowly. Rays of early morning sunshine crawled its way past the glass, splaying itself upon the drowsy figure of Im Yoona. She was nearly awake; the only thing stopping her from doing so was the comforts of her blanket and pillows.

     She groaned upon hearing the sound of light giggles, knowing there was no chance she was going to sleep anymore this morning.

     Still, she ignored it; burying her face in the pillow in a poor attempt of hiding herself.

     But their presence didn’t go away, nor did it go unnoticed. She wanted to sigh, to throw her pillow at all eight of them, but she couldn’t. Because these eight girls – despite the fact that they were annoying, childish, and antagonising, to say the least – were the most amazing girls she had ever met, her lifelines, and one in particular, was the love of her life.

     Though, nobody knew the latter.

     It had happened so suddenly, or at least, it felt like it did. They were out for dinner one night, celebrating the success of their latest album, when it happened. A joke had coursed around the table, her eyes had lit up, her raven hair had thrown itself over her face, just like her hands had – to cover her laughing face, trying to capture the joy in her hands.

     It was then that Yoona had realised she loved her, because she wanted to watch her laugh forever, wanted to place her lips on hers in a hope to capture the joy first hand. There was no fireworks, no spectacle, none of that.

 ​    It was pure and simple, it was uncomplicated. It was watching her laugh with a smile just as wide on her own face, it was late night baking where more frosting would end up on themselves than on the cupcakes, it was back hugs and secret smiles in the recording studio.

 ​    And God, it was absolutely perfect.

 ​    She lazily opened one eye, already feeling her earlier annoyance evaporate from her senses. They were all huddled around her, wide and genuine smiles on their faces. She noticed that Sooyoung was at the back of the cluster, and a laugh bubbled in –they didn’t put her there because she was the tallest; no, they put her there because at the very front of the cluster, Jessica was holding the cake with a lazy, half-lidded grin. Seohyun was holding underneath Jessica’s hands, making sure the cake was at a safe and un-droppable angle.

 ​    Her eyes narrowed onto Seohyun, and Seohyun’s eyes narrowed onto her. She knew nobody was looking, she knew nobody had noticed.

 ​    I love you, she watched .

 ​    She covered up her blush with an, “Aw, thank you guys so much; you shouldn’t have.”

 ​    “Nonsense, you know this is tradition. Now,” Tiffany took the cake from Jessica and Seohyun, watching Sooyoung’s eyes follow the cake with as much desire as she has for her boyfriend. The candles were lit, all twenty four of them arranged to spell out her nickname. She smiled; no doubt Seohyun had set up the candles. “Make a wish.”

 ​    She closed her eyes out of courtesy and leaned forward, puffing her cheeks as the candles’ flames were extinguished.

 ​    Once she opened her eyes, she was asked what she wished for.

 ​    Little did they know, she didn’t wish for anything.

 ​    The covers of her bed were pulled off roughly, thanks to the lovely Kwon Yuri. The breeze hit her instantly, not that it was cold. It was just fresh, and it woke her up more than any of the members and their jeering could.

 ​    They all rushed out of the room, Tiffany steadily holding the cake while a rambunctious Sooyoung was hot on her tail, already asking for the biggest piece of the cake.

 ​    No one had noticed that Seohyun stayed behind, and that made Yoona very thankful for her quiet nature.

 ​    She watched the younger girl shut the door softly, almost silently, and a new smile crossed over her face. It was the smile meant just for her. It was the smile where her teeth shined, where her eyes glowed, and her cheeks were so round that it just made Yoona want to pinch them.

 ​    So she did.

 ​    “Yah,” She whined, and it made Yoona exhale in amusement. She pushed Yoona’s hands from her face, shaking her head.

 ​    “What, cant I touch my girlfriend?”

 ​    Seohyun laughed, the warm laugh that made Yoona’s stomach feel like melted butter.

 ​    “Of course you can,” She said, her voice low, a tint of huskiness to the usual clear tone.

 ​    She neared Yoona, and it didn’t take her very long for the maknae’s arms to slink around her neck. Her hands easily found their way to the familiar curves of the younger girl’s waist, fingers slipping underneath her singlet. Seohyun’s skin was flushed, hot, yet goosebumps painted across her flesh. She was always like this, so candidly flustered by the mere suggestion of Yoona inching closer.

 ​    “Then,” She whispered, leaning in. She placed a feather light kiss to Seohyun’s neck, so light that she wasn’t so sure if she did it. Though, when the younger girl took in a sharp breath, she knew she had. Her fingers curled slightly, nails gently dragging along the sweet spot Seohyun never admitted to having – even if Yoona knew it off by heart. “Let me.”

 ​    Seohyun didn’t wait any longer, pressing her lips against Yoona’s in a sensual kiss.

 ​    This was love. Love was stolen kisses, kisses filled with passion and yearning and everything that she had ever dreamed of as a little girl. Love was holding the girl that means most to her in her arms, feeling her heartbeat against hers as she pulled her closer, feeling her smile as their lips continued to meet over and over and over. Love was the little sigh Seohyun always let out after they broke apart, her breathing heavy with disbelief. Love was her bringing the younger girl into a hug that she wants to last forever, her arms wrapped as tightly as hers were. Love was feeling Seohyun tangle her fingers into her hair, running along her back, digging into her shirt to make sure she was still there.

 ​    “C’mon, we should get back before anyone notices.”

 ​    She nods at Seohyun’s words, still holding her hand as they near the door.

 ​    The maknae her heel, just before the door. Yoona could hear the chatter from outside, knowing that even if they were to come out now, to tell them that they were together, no one would even be shocked by the news. Because they were perfect for each other, and whether it was a known fact or not, it would never stop being true.

 ​    “By the way,” Seohyun took her face in her hands, thumbs over her cheeks. Yoona smiled, feeling the familiar tingling throughout her whole body at her girlfriend’s proximity. It was a short kiss, the kind of kiss that Seohyun always gave before meeting the others. But it still screamed loud enough that she loved her, and that was enough. “Happy birthday, Yoong.”

 ​    As the door opened, the other seven girls didn’t even budge, nor did they notice them. It made Yoona hold Seohyun’s hand just that little tighter, beginning to walk towards the bench. The cake had already been cut, Hyoyeon was already cracking jokes, and Sooyoung was already eating her third slice.

 ​    She felt Seohyun squeeze her hand, smiling at her warmly before kissing her cheek.

 ​    Wait, no.

 ​    Love wasn’t kisses, or touches, or hugs. Love was holding her hand, without anyone knowing the true intentions behind it. The more she thought about it, the clearer it was.

 ​    Seohyun was love. Her love, her all.

 ​    There really was nothing to wish for, because she already had everything.

 

 

 


A/N: So, this is the first bit of Yoonhyun I've posted on this series.. I think?

Anyway, this is dedicated to the amazing GabyUC96, who has told just about everyone that I'm one of her favourite authors. Honestly, that nearly made me cry, because I never thought anyone would like my work. So, yeah, in celebration of Yoona's birthday, I wrote this.

I hope you all liked it, especially you - you know who you are, you cute little thing :3

See you guys next time <3