Mask - Part Two.

Inside These Veins.

It had been two weeks since Soojung felt his lips against hers, two weeks since her entire body felt like it had been set ablaze, two weeks since her fingers had run through his hair.

     It was two weeks too many.

     For those past two weeks, she had been searching and searching for the mysterious stranger. So far, she had come up with nothing other than the fact that he was coveted by most women of the area. He was notorious for his soft features, his velvet voice, and lack thereof a name.

     That’s right, the man every woman fawned over, had no name.

     It wasn’t that he didn’t have a name; it’s just that whenever he was met, he never provided one. This, in Soojung’s eyes, is what made the women fall harder.

     After all, she herself was caught up in the mystery and intrigue of him.

     Which is why she is now visiting the speakeasy he supposedly frequents, scouring the establishment for any sign of life remotely similar to his.

     The lights were dimmed low, as to not raise any suspicion to police that may be nearby. For the same reason, the music from the band was beginning to soften to a dull roar. Patrons varied in size, shape, ethnicity, and it wasn’t until then that Soojung noticed there were more Koreans than she had anticipated. Though many of them worked behind the scenes, some of them were in the band, and a handful were dancing along to the music.

     She liked this; she liked the lack of judgement here.

     Her eyes wandered to the bar, scanning over every body to see if he was among them; she sighed inwardly when no one even remotely close to him could be seen. Taking a seat at the bar stool, she kept her eyes on the swinging crowd of dancers, just in case.

     “What would you like, beautiful?”

     She turned her head, though she didn’t look at the bartender. Tapping her nails against the bar, she took a deep breath, the pleasant yet thick scent of alcohol and cigarette smoke slowly filling her nostrils and settling in her chest.

     “Um,” She exhaled, not having the slightest clue what to order. She looked up, hoping the bartender would give her some indication towards what they have to offer.

     But all she was met with were sparkling chocolate eyes, and a smirk.

     “I’m beginning to think you really are following me.”

     “It's you,” She whispered, suddenly losing all confidence in her voice. “It's actually you.”

     “Who else would I be?” He joked, a chuckle rising from his throat.

     “No, it’s just that . . .”

     She had no idea what she was going to say, if she was going to say anything at all. She hadn’t even expected to find him, hadn’t even expected to feel his intent gaze on her.

     And she definitely didn’t expect to find breathing difficult.

     “Just that what?” He prodded, raising a brow. “Just that you didn’t think you’d find me here?”

     She shook her head.

     “Or,” He continued. “Is it that you were hoping to find me here?”

     “You wish.”

     “Ah, so I’m right.” He smiled triumphantly, picking up a used glass from the bar and beginning to clean it.

     “I didn’t say that.”

     He placed the now spotless glass down, propping his elbows on the bar and leaning forward. He was within reach, and Soojung found herself wanting to do nothing more than to grasp his face between her hands and pull him towards her.

     “You didn’t need to,” He said, voice sweeter than honey. “It seems as though you find me endearing enough to come look for me.”

     “It’s only because I wanted to know your name,” She parried, unknowingly inching closer. “After all, it’s very rude for someone to leave without an introduction.”

     “Surely by now you’ve heard that my name isn’t so easily rewarded.”

     “Well, how do I earn it?”

     They were a breath apart, and the desire to make the distance between them nonexistent was becoming unbearable for the young woman. She wanted to tug at the roots of his shaggy hair, wanted to make his eyes flutter shut, wanted to make him just as flushed as he had made her two weeks ago.

     But a sharp whistle sounded throughout the room, alerting everyone.

     His eyes widened upon the sound, and Soojung didn’t even have time to ask what it meant, for he had already grabbed her hand and ran towards the exit.

     It was then that Soojung realised the police at the door.

     “What’s going on?”

     “Questions later, c’mon,” He replied, holding her hand tighter as they weaved throughout the havoc. She was bumped by a few people, a grimace rising on her face as a woman’s heel trampled her foot. He pulled her flush towards his body, not allowing her to move a centimetre away from him as they emerged out of the exit.

     The street was quiet, a large contrast to the booming she was acquainted with only minutes ago. But he did not stop there; he dragged her out of the street and into an alleyway nearby, far from prying police eyes.

     He held her hand firmly, the fingers laced with hers seeming to fit perfectly.

     She looked away from their hands and towards his face, noticing that he was calm and collected, though his eyes were full of concern and worry.

     “Are you alright?”

     “Yeah,” She said, her mind reeling from the events. It had all happened so quickly, so quickly that she had no idea what had actually happened at all. “What was that?”

     “What, back there?”

     She nodded, her breathing beginning to stabilise once more.

     “It was a raid. The police must have been tipped off about tonight’s activities; they came to shut us down.”

     “Do you think they will?”

     His nose crinkled, a playful smile flashing across his face.

     “Nah, I’m sure the bosses will handle it.”

     “Oh,”

     “Here,” He began, offering his arm. “Allow me to walk you home.”

     Soojung took his arm, and the two started to walk.

     They didn’t walk slowly or swiftly, they didn’t amble or rush, they just walked. They walked with a destination, but with no intention of making it there in ample time. They didn’t talk throughout their journey, and Soojung only began to feel the silence when they were near her home.

     They approached her street, just outside her manor. No lights were on – not even from her sister’s room, which was odd.

     “How late is it?” She found herself asking.

     “Late enough for me to know we shouldn’t delay the inevitable any further.”

     “What do you mean?”

     He exhaled with a laugh, releasing her arm from his as he looked at her.

     “I’ll put it simply,” He said, clearing his throat. “Soojung, I find you to be one of the most beautiful women to walk the earth. Now, I would love to walk you to your door; but that would involve the possibility of kissing you – it’s not that I don’t want to do that, because it’s been all I’ve thinking about for the past two weeks – but the fact remains that this is your father’s property, and I wouldn’t want to risk him seeing us, especially this late in the night. So, I will say goodnight now, rather than face the temptation.”

     He bowed respectfully, taking her hand in his and raising it to his lips.

     Soojung pulled her hand away, her eyes locking with his. She brought her hand to where his jaw and neck meet, the other resting at the nape of his neck.

     His eyes churned to the same shade of brandy they had weeks ago, his pupils dilating and his tongue swiping over his bottom lip.

     She pulled him closer, the only thing stopping their lips from touching was the grip she had on his hair.

     “I’ve always liked things with a little risk.” She whispered huskily.

     And with that, he seemed to have lost his control.

     He branded his lips with hers, the kiss already searing her senses. His vanilla scent surrounded Soojung as he wrapped her up in his arms. She tugged at the roots of his hair, her sides tingling as his hands ran along them to rest at her hips.

     She dragged a hand downwards, resting between his left shoulder and collarbone, nails scraping along his dress shirt.

     He groaned at the sensation, pulling her even closer as he swiped his tongue against her lower lip. She happily granted him access, her tongue meeting his halfway and her hands gripping tighter. She felt him smile against her lips as they parted for air, and she knew she was smiling just as breathlessly.

     “Go on a date with me.” His voice was low, soft, full of purpose.

     And it made Soojung’s head spin.

     “Only if you give me your name.”

     “Maybe you haven’t earned it yet.”

     “Oh, haven’t I?” She asked, bringing both hands to his shirt’s collar.

     “No, not ye−”

     She yanked him by the collar, melding his mouth to hers.

     She nibbled at his lower lip, on it before swathing her tongue over the plump flesh. He complied seamlessly, their tongues dancing together in a heated frenzy. No matter how hard she pulled, tugged, or gripped, it just wasn’t enough; there was still too much space between them, she just wasn’t satisfied. So, she wrapped her arms around him completely, locking her hands together behind his back.

     His hands roamed up her sides, along her ribs, settling on the bare of her back. There wasn’t much – the dress only allowing a v cut down her back – but it was enough for him to snuggle his hand between, enough for him to dance his fingers across teasingly.

     She let out a small whimper as he found a sweet spot on her back, just between her spine and the right side of her ribs. He grazed his fingertips over it again, only to be met with the same whimper. She was addicted to the sensations he was giving her, addicted to everything about him. He was like a drug, and it only left her wanting more.

     But she had to be in control.

     So, with much dismay, she pulled away from the kiss.

     His eyes were still closed, his lips beginning to curve upwards at the corners.

     “Have I earned it now?” She asked, snapping him out of his trance.

     He raked a hand through his hair, the brown strands sticking up in some places. He laughed lowly, the melodic noise sending shivers through Soojung’s spine.

     “A.”

     She titled her head, “A what?”

     “My name, I’m going to reveal it to you one letter at a time,” He said with a wink. “So, the first letter you get is A.”

     “A,” She echoed. “Aaron? Alexander?”

     Tut tut, Soojung,” He reprimanded, clicking his tongue. He placed a finger under her chin, tilting her face towards his. “You’ll find out soon enough; but for now, you can call me A, if you’d like.”

     “Well, I guess ‘A’ is better than ‘you’.”

     “Don’t worry, all in due time.” He placed a chaste kiss on the corner of her lips, teasing her. “So, how about that date?”

     “Hmm,” She thought aloud mockingly, making him wait on bated breath. “Maybe.”

     “Maybe?”

     She tangled her fingers into his hair, playing with the brown locks. Bringing him closer, she leant into his ear.

     “Meet me here tomorrow at 11pm, and I’ll give you my answer. Goodnight, A.” She whispered, pulling away from his embrace with a wink as she sauntered towards her front door. She looked at him once last time before slipping inside, the look on his face that of pure desire.

     She definitely had him hook, line and sinker.

 

 

 


A/N: I really just couldn't resist writing a part two for this, Kryber just kills me every time. And it seems that I'm going to continue this one (maybe as a short series?), but only if you guys like it, because I don't want to give you something that you don't want in the first place.

Let me know?

Also, feel free to request any one shots that you want me to write, I'm up for any genre, pairing (if I know them well enough) and/or plotline (no matter how vague or odd)

See you next time, I love you all <3