Selene and Helios

The Sun and The Moon

"There's a lot about the world that you don't know." Daehyun said as Mari sat down next to him. "Like what?" She asked. Daehyun sighed. "It's a long story..." He said and looked down. "I've got time." She responded with a shrug. Daehyun his bottom lip and stared at the floor. "Alright," He decided after a long silence, "I'll explain." Mari smiled and got comfortable on her bed. 

"It all started when Hyperion and Theia, two titans that had lived on Mount Olympus, had three children, two of them being the god and goddess of the sun and the moon. They named these two children Helios and Selene. For the first seventeen years of their lives, everything was fine. It was when they turned eighteen that everything got messed up. On their eighteenth birthday, Selene started acting different. Helios no longer felt like she was his twin. Because of that, they separated, and stopped talking. Their parents were very distressed over this, but they let it be, figuring they would work it out themselves.

"Meanwhile, Selene had become very mischievous. She had begun creating curses and spells to cast over Mount Olympus, and eventually, the whole world. She no longer had her brother to keep her balanced. The two of them were like Yin and Yang, one cannot function properly without the other, and since she didn't have her brother, she felt no need to be responsible for the light throughout the night sky. By the time that Helios found out about this, she had already casted a major curse upon these poor seven boys that were in the wrong place at the wrong time. She called them the Seven Deadly Sins.

"Helios was furious about his sister's immature behavior, he decided that he could take no more. He left the palace that he was raised in, leaving his parents heartbroken, and his sister lonely. It was only afterwards that Helios realized his mistake. If he left his sister, he would no longer exist. Without the moon, the sun can't fulfill it's purpose. He returned to the palace, only to find that his sister was gone." Daehyun finished.

"Wow. Wait, what does any of this have to do with me?" Mari asked. "You need to reunite Helios and Selene before it's too late." Daehyun said. "What happens if I don't?" She asked. "Then there will be no more sun or moon. There will be no more light. And without light, the twelve dark angels of the underworld will take over. They are exactly like the twelve Olympians, but they are the most evil of the universe. If the darkness takes over, they win, and humanity will be doomed forever." He responded. "O-Oh." Mari said. It was all she could say. This was way too much for her to take in all at once. 

"Why me?" She asked. "Because, you're one of the few in the world that can see us. Angels, demons, gods, goddesses...there are very few like you. You were chosen to save the moon and the sun...do you accept?" He asked.  

Mari nodded with a smile. "I do. But, where do I start? How do I start?" She asked. "Maybe if I introduce you to the other gods I know, you can get help from them." He said. "Okay, sounds good, but it's already 9:00...if my mom finds out that I ran away she would never let me see daylight ever again." She said with a small frown. Daehyun smiled. "Don't worry, get your rest. We'll go tomorrow after school." He said as he opened the window. 

"Wait! Where are you going?" She asked as he put one leg out the window. "Home? I need my sleep too! This beauty doesn't just happen." He said, pretending to flip his hair off of his shoulder. Mari chuckled. "Whatever. I'll see you tomorrow Daehyun." She said. 

"See you tomorrow, love." He said with a smile and flew away.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a really quick, short update to explain some stuff. ^-^ I hope you enjoyed nonetheless, though! Thanks for reading! Bye!~