one

Shortness of Life


Moon Jongup never thought he'd experience the pain and heartache he'd gone through in his life.

 

His life had been pretty normal, and he had been a generally healthy child until b.a.p had been on tour and he took a turn for the worse. 


At first, he didn't really think anything of the frequent abdominal pain he felt because he had thought they were just stomach aches. 

 

When he started loosing weight without trying and throwing up everything he ate, which was little because he seemed to get full easily, the rest of his b.a.p forced him to go see a doctor.

 

When they had taken that stressful trip to the doctor, he had never expected his diagnoses to be as serious as it turned out to be.

 

After a long wait and many trying tests, he was diagnosed with stomach cancer.


At the time, he could only wonder why it had to be him. 

 

He wondered why it had to be his cells to grow abnormally.

 

As time went on though, he realized he was just one of seven billion people in the world, and he guessed it was better for him to have the disease rather than someone who would actually change the world someday, and make a difference to other people's lives. 

 

He knew he was a kpop idol, but he never really thought was really that important to anyone.

 

He was never asked a lot of questions in interviews, and never had as many fans as his hyungs and Zelo.


As years went by of him not being able to tour anymore, he went through months of fear and agonizingly

painful and slow treatments.

 

From chemo therapy to radiation, he'd had it all and just when the cancer would always seem to be disappearing and get better, he'd relapse and would be back to square one.

 

His hyungs and Zelo never gave up on him though. No matter how many concerts there were or how exhausted they were, they refused to give up trying for their only friend.

 

They called him their "Moon Angel". No matter how much they tried to convince him how important he was, he never believed it. 

 

They showed him hundreds of fan messages wishing for him to get better but they made him think about how they probably only cared now that he could be gone. That saying "they only care when you die" always would come to the back of his mind.

 

As time went on of him being too weak to dance, his spirit dropped lower and lower and he tried everything that he could do in his strength do distract himself, but he realized there just wasn't a point. It all didn't matter.

 

((I promise the second chapter is better))