Happy birthday

Late at night

Happy birthday just wasn't enough. They had agreed with all the members that they wouldn't buy each other birthday presents because it was six of them and they always got tons of stuff from their fans. With their schedules packed they had little time to buy things anyway so they had decided that they would sit together at the dorm and order the favorite meal. But Yongguk never really cared what he ate and even if being together with all the members and talk was a nice thing Himchan wanted to do something more special for Yongguk. The first thing that had to be accomplished was the two of them being alone. Good thing was they were in Japan right now which meant hotel rooms that were always distributed in the same way meaning they had a room for themselves. Instead of ordering food this time they had gone to a Japanese restaurant and had been celebrating Yongguk's birthday there together with the staff members that went with them. Now they were back in the hotel room and Yongguk was taking a shower. Himchan had taken a shower before him. He had told Yongguk he could go first Yongguk had declined the offer. He was sitting in his bed and had problems to sit still because of how nervous he was. He had thought quite some time about what could be the best way to thank Yongguk for what he had done for him since he had entered TS Entertainment. He didn't even know if Yongguk knew how thankful he was. The still remembered as if it was yesterday how he first got to know him. Their start had been a bit complicated. Yongguk had been a trainee for a while and Himchan had just been given the okay and they stood awkwardly in a practice room waiting for dance teacher to come as he had told some other trainees that he had gotten in without actually singing or dancing something and Yongguk had said more to himself than to anybody else that he wouldn't like to have someone like Himchan as his band member. While everybody else had shown their excitement for getting into a company that easily Yongguk had not. It had hurt him but at the same time it had motivated him. He had wanted to show Yongguk that it was more to him than just a pretty face. He had worked hard to get better at singing and dancing not because he wanted to get complimented by the teachers but because he wanted to get acknowledged by Yongguk. Himchan knew he would never be an awesome singer or a really talented dancer but he had a good amount of knowledge for music. That was what had helped him to impress Yongguk later on as he finally got to know him better. It had taken them quite a while to warm up to each other. Himchan thought it was more him warming Yongguk up to actually any person because Yongguk was awkward to be around. Most of the trainees knew that Yongguk would be part of the new group in any case and they stayed away from him like he was some rare and dangerous animal. Himchan had never seen Yongguk like this and since Himchan had been in the settled conviction that he would also be a part of the group and when Himchan put his mind into something he did everything to reach that goal.  He had tried to become friends with Yongguk. If he wanted to impress Yongguk he needed to have his attention.  Little had Himchan known that Yongguk would become his best friend and someone he could relate to whatever happened and by the time they became friends it wasn’t necessary to impress him anymore. Yongguk was someone that was totally the opposite of him and that was probably the reason why it always felt so good to be around him. He had become a lot calmer around Yongguk and he has found someone whom he could tell all his problems to what he had never done before. Himchan had always been a sociable person and he always had many friends but he never had someone he was really close to, someone who knew all his scars and secrets and where all this didn't matter and he was generously thankful for it. And he wanted to express that and the thought that the best way to do that would be through the one thing that had made them friends, through music. It had taken him a lot of time convincing their manager that he needed to take his guitar with him to Japan even if he didn't need it at the fan meetings. He unpacked his guitar and started to tune it hoping Yongguk would not hear it which was impossible but he hoped it anyway. It had been quite an act to compose something without Yongguk noticing it because they were almost always together and luckily he had started soon enough but he did not know if his skills where sufficient to impress him. He heard how the bathroom door opened and without looking up because he thought he would get to nervous to play once he saw Yongguk, Himchan started to play the song he had composed with Yongguk in mind. It was a calm and melodic composition. He had decided to make it rather simple than to get lost in a difficult arrangement. He noticed Yongguk coming over and sitting down next to him as quite as possible. Himchan finished the song and both of them stayed silent for a while.

“Thank you,” Yongguk said. Himchan put the guitar down next to him on the bed and dared to look at Yongguk for the first time and saw something he had not expected. Yongguk looked at him smiling but with tears in his eyes.