Chapter 3- Homework

Understanding

It had been a week (give or take a day) since Yixing had been resuced by Joonmyun. 

A week of hell on Yixing's part.

Every day after school Mr. Lee forced him to take Korean Language lessons (which were held in the sports hall which always had a feint smell of b.o and dirty socks) along with 2 other students. 

The first was Tao (who, according to Luhan) had spent the last 2 and a half years in the class and still couldn't form a basic sentence...

This didn't feel Yixing with confidence to say the least.

The other was a girl Yixing had never met (plus he'd forgotten her name when Mr. Lee had introduced him).

If the large, intimidating hall with it's echo-y accustics and strange smell plus 2 practically strangers (although he'd hope he and Tao were some sort of friends at this point) wasn't enough to make him want to run out of the room and never look back; there was the terrifying Korean Language teacher, Do Kyungsoo. 

On first impression Yixing thought he looked pretty cute. 

He had big heart-shaped lips and wide owl like eyes. He was also more than a head shorter than Yixing and didn't look as if he was that much older, which made him feel a little safer. 

But it wasn't until Kyungsoo (or Mr. Do as he liked to be called) had asked Tao to repeat a simple phrase and Tao had failed miserably, Yixing saw something in the young teachers eyes that could only be classed as pure evil.

However, so far Mr. Do had been reletively nice to Yixing. 

That didn't make Yixing like the classes any more though... 

"Why do I have to do them though Mr. Lee!" Yixing whined to the man after the 3rd lesson. 

"Because you're in Korea and you need to learn Korean at some point." Mr. Lee had replied matter-of-factly and made it clear to Yixing that the conversation was over.

On top of the terrifying classes with Mr. Do, Yixing always had to endure Luhans Korean lectures everyday at lunch. 

He would start with just introducing the odd word (apparently 'in passing' although Yixing knew Luhan knew exactly what he was doing) and would then lead up to telling him all about the pronouns and how to make up a sentence.

"And this is an 'oh' sound" Luhan explained, pointing down at the lines on the paper.

"o-k-" Yixing said nervously. 

"Oh, come on Yixing! Korea has one of the smallest alphabets in the world i'm sure you can learn it!" Xiumin sighed from next to Luhan. 

"Doesn't make it any easier though... Especially when you don't want to learn it.." Yixing grumbled and then glanced around the lunch hall.

His heart fluttered slightly (only slightly, hardly at all if you'd ask Yixing) as he noticed Joonmyun sitting with a few of his friends a few tables away.

He was surrounded by 4 guys, all of whom were laughing way too loudly. 

The one on his left had faded rainbow hair which was definitly in no way possible sutably for school and supported a frown any time he wasn't laughing.

The 2 opposite (who had their backs to Yixing) were talking so loudly he was surprised they could even hear themselves think. 

The one on the end of the table on Joonmyun's right was the boy (Jongdae, if he remembered correctly) Yixing had sat next to in 12B. 

Joonmyun was the only one who wasn't laughing, aside from the occasional polite smile. 

He looked deep in thought, as if contemplating existance it's self... or perhaps just thinking about his next assignment. 

"You're not staring at Joonmyun again?" Luhan asked, much too loudly for Yixing's liking. 

"What?! Of course not!" Yixing said defensivly, glaring at Tao (who had broken out into fits of giggles). 

"Have you done the homework for maths yet?" Luhan asked absently, twiddling his fork into the grey pasta he was supposed to be eating.

Yixing's mind went blank for a second, and then the panic set in.

"Wait, what? That was due TODAY?" He gasped, opening his bag and fishing out the crumpled piece of paper his maths teacher had asked him to complete. 

"No, silly!" Xiumin laughed, pulling the pasta away from Luhan and started eating it (rather him than me, Yixing thought). "It's due on thursday"

Thursday was 2 days away, which was hopefully enough time for Yixing to do the maths home work (although he was dreading the actual process, seeing as matahs was definitely not his forte).

"Would one of you guys help me with it?" Yixing asked around the table. 

Tao shook his head with a mouthful of food and mumbled something that sounded like 'maths me can't no way'.

Kris merely shrugged and said nothing before turning his head dramatically to look out the window.

Xiumin and Luhan were equally helpful, saying they had lots of their own homework to do.

So this was how, on wednesday, a week after he'd met Joonmyun, Yixing found himself in the library going over his maths homework with Park Chanyeol, one of Joonmyuns friends.

Chanyeol was slightly intimidating. Not in the way Mr. Do was though, there was just something slightly scary in his wide and toothy smile and big, un-blinking eyes. 

But he was nice enough, always cracking jokes (in Korean, so Yixing only pretended to understand what they mean) and laughing loudly (which made the librarian scowl from their desk).

"How come i've never seen you before though?" Chanyeol asks, after helping Yixing tackle a particularly difficult quadratic equation. Chanyeol's Chinese was about as good as Yixing's Korean, but they got by by speaking slowly and carefully to eachother.

"I only moved here a week ago..." 

"Ahhh I see!" 

They fell into a comfortable silence (or as comfortable as a silence can be...) until someone came up behind Yixing. 

"Someone told me your secret, Yixing!" It was Joonmyun, speaking in broken Chinese. 

Yixing's brain stopped working.

Had Luhan told him his suspitions of Yixings crush??

Not that any of them were true...

ish...

What if Joonmyun would laugh at him...

Or hate him for having a crush on another guy?!

Would he be kicked out of the school?

Would he have to leave the country?

(Yixings panic brain was going on overdrive)

He was too scared to turn around..

Hopefully if he stayed facing Chanyeol Joonmyun would disappear...

Things never work out like that though do they?


A/N:
OMG I AM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY!!!!!!

like idk i've just been procrastinatly all of life atm...

like i should be sleeping because i have my first day of college tomorrow but instead i'm writing this...

#logic...

anyway i'm sorry for all the grammar and spelling mistakes... 

and also for the delay...

and for the terrible writing...

D:

hope you like though!!!!!

you guys are amazing! 

xoxoxo

<3