#2

Love Triad

Similarly, italics represents the past


“Agnes?”
“Yes Professor Luke?”
“Drop the formalities, you are a Prof too, why are you being so courteous?”
“Habits die hard Prof.”
“Well, I have news for you. I don’t know if it’s good or bad but the board of directors have made up their mind on transferring you over to another country to be the head Prof there. What do you think?”
“Where Prof.?” 
“Your homeland.”

It has been three days since Prof. Luke broke the news to me. I was elated, excited, happy yet a little anxious – anxious to be back or anxious because of something else… I don’t really know. I was busy packing my clothes and choosing which to bring over to China since I will be there for quite a long period of time. I was in the midst of packing when my Skype dropped a notification – It was my mom who was calling.

“Hey mom!”
“What are you doing?” straight forward as usual~
“Packing my clothes.” I smiled, trying to hide my excitement.
“For? You’re going somewhere? On a holiday or business trip?” she frowned.
“I’m coming back home mom.”
“What? When? How long Yi?”
“For a long long time. Prof. Luke said that the board of directors decided to transfer me back to China to be the head prof. there. Good news huh?”
“Oh my goodness. Mom’s so proud of you Zi Yi.” She smiled and wiped away those tears that formed to soon for me to notice.
“Oh, Yi, you should go and greet Jia Heng when you’re back.” She reminded.
“Jia... Heng… How is he doing?” I probed, a little afraid yet anxious.
“Not too sure. I heard he took over his father’s business or something like that. I can’t talk now, I need to prepare dinner. See you soon Yi.” She smiled and ended the call.

I flopped myself onto bed as I thought about Jia Heng - The boy who was always so sensitive of my feelings and forever so sentimental. He was the only boy that could be so gentlemanly yet fun and stupid at the same time. I don’t know how he thinks about me right now and if he even thinks about me but leaving our friendship behind was a hard thing for me. The last memory I had of him was when he flared up at me because I was leaving for the states. He was strongly against the idea of me leaving but I was adamant about my decision. He never turned up at the airport and he never called, text or write mails to me. Initially I tried texting him and writing letters to him but he never replied any. He probably gave up on me and our friendship – I thought we could be friends forever.

“What should I ask him when I meet him….” I flopped and laid on my back.
“Hi Jia Heng, how are you? Hmm… no no, Hey bro! Did you miss me? No no no. Jia heng! You still look the same!” I tossed and turn and tried to rack my brains for ideas but I just couldn’t come up with anything that sounds normal enough for someone whom you’ve never met for years. Maybe I should just turn up at his doorstep and hug him, tell him that I miss him and his company so darn much. Maybe that would do…


Double update because you guys are awesome!! Keep commenting!! ^^ 

xoxo