017

Peasant

Nara


 

I looked over to Jongdae admiring his perfect side profile. His sharp jawline, beautiful brown eyes, and flawless skin make my heart flutter. One of his hands clutched the steering wheel while the other linked with mine. Driving to who knows where, I smiled at the warmth of our hands and was glad that we were together.

“What are you smiling about?” Jongdae asked turning to look at me for a moment.

“Nothing,” I said looking out the window. “Where are we going?”

I felt his hand squeeze mine. “You’ll see.”

I sighed watching the buildings pass by. We’ve been driving for a short while now but it felt like forever. As the buildings became blurrier and the colors faded together, I found myself drifting to sleep at the sound of the music.

 

“Nara,” I heard a gentle voice call to me. Not being able to mistake such a precious voice, I opened my eyes and looked to Chen. “We’re here,” he said with a hand caressing my cheek. I leaned into his touch sealing his lips onto mine for a brief moment before pulling back and removing myself from the car.

Looking around, I saw that we were in Lotte World. A smile crept onto my face. Jongdae’s hand found mine and he began leading me to the entrance.

“I’ve never been here,” I admitted swinging his hand with mine. We approached where to pay for our tickets. Jongdae pulled out his wallet and threw money onto the countertop. Once we were admitted inside, he let go of my hand swinging an arm across my shoulders instead.

“You’re going to love it. What do you want to ride first?”

Shrugging my shoulders, I looked around at the various rides surrounding us. “Let’s walk around first so I can see what there is.”

Jongdae didn’t argue and began leading me through the people gathered. As we swerved through crowds searching for an appealing ride, I noticed that there was a group forming behind us with cell phones and cameras. I chose to ignore them letting them take our pictures and instead steered Chen to a nearby ride.

Looking up to the sign of the line we were in, I smiled seeing the ride was named “French Revolution.” Unsure about what was in store, I hugged Jongdae’s side lightly resting my head onto his shoulder.

 

Hugging the bear Jongdae won me tightly, he and I walked into my apartment complex and up the stairs. Reaching my room, Chen grabbed my hand to stop me from opening the door. I looked to him confused.

“I talked to the landlord earlier this week and had you switch to a better room. You’re stuff isn’t in there anymore.”

I stood there still looking at him confused. “Why would he give me a better apartment when I’m paying for this one?”

“I just asked him if it was possible and he said yes. Follow me.”

Jongdae began walking up the steps. Following close behind him, I mumbled to myself, “It’s probably just as ty.”

“Here.”

I looked to the left door with an arched eyebrow. “It’s across from Sulli’s?”

Jongdae nodded taking a key out from his pocket. Shoving it into the hole, the key unlocked the door opening it to a beautifully decorated apartment. The walls were painted white while a black leather couch facing the east wall greeted you as you walked in. On the east wall was a television sitting on what seemed to be an open rectangle shaped table sitting against the wall. Inside of the rectangle were books I owned as well as new unfamiliar ones.

Walking over to the couch, I looked at the coffee table in front of it. Upon it sat a cupcake scented candle, a wireless mouse and keyboard, as well as the television remote. Glancing to the kitchen, the marble counters were filled with items of a regular kitchen varying from a knife set to a utensil holder. On the counter sat a small chalkboard. Walking over to it and picking it up, I smiled as I read Sulli’s note.

Congrats on the new apartment!

-Sulli♥

Sitting it back down, I noticed another note on the fridge only this time it was in English.

Look at the wall behind the couch

-Sulli♥

Doing as ordered, my eyes drifted to the wall. I immediately walked over to it staring. On it was a wall clock surrounded by pictures to represent the numbers. Looking at each picture, tears began to roll down my face. Some pictures had my mother, some my father, and others with my friends here in Korea. Jongdae came behind me and wrapped his arms around me. “You look a lot like your mother.”

I nodded unable to speak; seeing her look so beautiful and lively in the pictures made me choke up. Jongdae squeezed me tight wiping the tears from my cheeks. Once I calmed down, I pointed to the photo representing number nine. “That’s from today,” I said with a small chuckle.

Jongdae hummed in my ear removing his body off of mine. Taking my hand, he lead me to the bedroom. The bed had been set up with black and gray sheets while a dresser, book shelf, desk, and makeup station had been set up against the walls. My personal items were spread throughout the room making it more like me. Sitting on the bed, I stared in awe at everything put together.

“Who set this all up?”

Jongdae sat next to me looking around. “Minhyuk and Chanyeol were supposed to do it all, but it seems that Sulli and Baekhyun helped a bit.”

I nodded making a mental note to thank them later for their effort. Scooting back on the bed, I lied down patting the spot next to me. Chen lied down with me draping an arm around my waist to bring me close to him. His lips touched my forehead while I closed my eyes.

“Did you buy this all for me?” I asked hugging him tight.

He nodded lightly. “I bought the furniture.”

“And the apartment?”

“I told you that the landlord said you could switch.”

I sighed. “Yeah right Chen. How much does it cost a month?”

Jongdae blew a raspberry. “You don’t need to worry about that.”

“I won’t argue with you now over it,” I said leaning my head to his chest. “But you’ll be hearing a mouth full tomorrow.”

His deep laugh sounded in my ears. “I wouldn’t expect anything less.”

A comfortable silence fell over us.

“Sleep here with me?” I asked breaking it.

Jongdae hummed in response pulling covers overtop of us. “Let’s take a nap and then make dinner.”

“Sounds good,” I said already on the verge of passing out. Lotte World had tired me out and sleeping on Jongdae’s chest made me feel at ease. I listened to his breathes even out and before I knew it, I had drifted into a deep sleep myself.

 


Chen


 

With sunglasses on, I leaned against my car crossing my arms. Nara was bound to walk out of school any moment and these fangirls were pestering me. Although I love my fans, taking pictures of me every two seconds seemed unnecessary.

“Oppa,” some girl with blonde hair said from next to me. “Who are you waiting for?”

I should have stayed in the car.

“A friend,” I said looking at the door to the school. Where was she?

“Which friend?”

Turning my head to her, I shrugged my shoulders. Out of my peripheral vision, I saw a girl with long brown hair straying towards me. Snapping my head to her, I smiled at Nara. Instead of walking over to me like I expected her to, she walked past me heading to a different car.

“Yah, Lee Nara!” I yelled grabbing her attention. With both hands clutching the straps of her backpack, Nara turned to me. “Yes?” she asked.

“Aren’t you getting in?” I asked opening the passenger’s seat.

Nara shook her head at me. I raised an eyebrow confused. “You’re not going to get in your boyfriends car when he comes to pick you up from school?”

Nara’s eyes widened as the fans behind me gasped. Angrily stomping towards me, Nara smacked my arm once close enough. “You’re an idiot,” she said loud enough for the few people in range to hear.

I shrugged blocking the way into the car. “An idiot for you.” With a smile, I pecked her lips before running to the other side.

“I’m going to kill you,” Nara threatened sitting in the car. Closing the door and buckling her seat belt, I placed my foot on the gas petal making the car move.

“Why?”

“Do you want to create a scandal within the company?!”

With one hand on the steering wheel, I grabbed her free hand holding it in mine. “We’re already dating so what does it matter? Also fans were taking pictures off us at Lotte World holding hands so it’s not like they don’t know. Let’s let the world know I’m in love with Lee Nara!”

Nara’s cheeks reddened at my comment. “Love?” she asked looking anywhere but at me.

“Uhm,” I began. “I mean like you unless you’re okay with me loving you, but if it’s too soon don’t hesitate to tell me.” My sentence came out in one large jumbled mess and I was unsure if she even understood what I said.

“I like you too,” she said mumbled. A twinge of disappointment ran through me as she didn’t say the word love, but it must be too soon for her. I still couldn’t help but feel hurt at the word ‘like.’