Chapter 015

The Vanity in My Love

~Chapter 015~

Park Sunyoung releases tracklist for "Love Hurts" full-length album

Singer Park Sunyoung previously hinted that she would be releasing a Korean album soon and it seems true, as she released the tracklist for "Love Hurts", her first full-length Korean album, today at 8 am KST.

Check it out below!


Different from other idol singers, Sunyoung has also released lyric medley from a few of her songs to highlight their meaning.

Here it is below:

Love, That One Word:

Love has come without you knowing
Without any reason, you’re in my heart
All alone, I repeat these words as I cry
Do you know?

The one word that you draw inside of me
The one word that is always hidden inside of me
I’m looking at you, I’m always by your side
But I can’t say the words I love you

I Don't Know Anything but Love:

The moment you stood next to me 
I Liked the ways your eyes looked at me
Though I cried yesterday
Today because of you
My tomorrow will be happy

Neither his face non his style
I just needed his tender love
To forget all the time that has passed
I can now no longer do anything without you

Cause I know nothing else but love

Do Men Cry?:

Do men cry too?
Do they hurt because of break ups too?
Do they cry inside because they crazily miss that other person?
It feels like I’m only in pain and I’m the only sad one
I want to ask, are you okay?

Can You Hear Me?:

Why is it just my love that is late
Why is it just my love that is hard
Although I'm right in front of you, although I'm right beside you
You were my whole world
I see only you
But when when I'm in front of you, I always look away

Still in Love:

The tears that I didn’t want
Are in front of my eyes at some point
Where did you go?
Even if it’s goodbye, take me with you

SM Entertainment reported, "The title tracks for this album will be 'Love, That One Word' and 'Can You Hear Me?' The other promotional single will be 'Someday'."

Additionally, it has been revealed that SHINee's Jonghyun has participated in the composition of the songs of "Someday" and "If". Park Sunyoung has written the lyrics to all songs.

Sunyoung closed the article and smiled to herself. She looked up at the SM practice room clock. Realizing that she still had time until SM girl group f(x), she took out her lyrics sheets. Looking at the complete lyrics of "Love, That One Word, Sunyoung hoped that Onew would see these lyrics. They were meant for him. Also, each one of these songs poured out her feelings from the last five years. Sunyoung wanted Onew to understand how she felt five years ago.

Without anyone knowing, without even me knowing
I don’t know when but you came into my heart
Tears fell yesterday and tears are falling again today
With my head down low, I’m looking at you

Love has come without you knowing
Without any reason, you’re in my heart
All alone, I repeat these words as I cry
Do you know?

The one word that you draw inside of me
The one word that is always hidden inside of me
I’m looking at you, I’m always by your side
But I can’t say the words I love you

Always be by my side, only you be by my side
Those words are still inside of me
All alone, I repeat these words as I cry
Do you know?

The one word that you draw inside of me
The one word that is always hidden inside of me
I’m looking at you, I’m always by your side
But I can’t say the words I love you

Words that my heart says
I love you more than myself
I want to love you

The one word that you draw inside of me
The one word that is always hidden inside of me
I’m looking at you, I’m always by your side
But I can’t say the words I love you

I wonder what Onew will think. Will he be reminded of our past? Or will he completely ignore them, wondering how I thought of lyrics so heartbreaking? Please, Lee Jinki. Even if you don't like me, understand how I felt. It will make me feel better.

"Sunyoung?" Victoria, f(x)'s leader, poked her head into the practice room. Sunyoung stood up and did a ninety-degree bow.

"Annyeong haseyo, Victoria unni." Sunyoung greeted. 

"Sunyoung, you can be informal with me. We're friends now, right?" Victoria smiled, walking in. f(x) had gotten closer with Sunyoung because of their easy-going personalities. 

"Okay! Unni, sorry for taking so long. I actually was done ten minutes ago. I was just looking over my lyrics sheets." Sunyoung said.

"Oh. Can I see them?" Victoria asked. Sunyoung hesitantly handed Victoria the lyrics to "Love, That One Word".

"Sunyoung, these are beautiful lyrics. You have a gift for poetry. You could've done well as a writer, as well." Victoria complemented.

"YAH! JUNG SOOJUNG! YOU ARE DEAD!" Two female voices were in a playful arguement, while rushing to the practice room.

"Victoria unni, I didn't eat the pumpkin porridge in our dorm, right? I don't even like it!" Krystal, the main vocalist of f(x), said, walking into the practice room with actress Choi Sulli. Sulli and f(x) dormed together on request. Sulli and Krystal had known each other since their early days.

"I don't know. Be quiet, Soojung-ah. Sunyoung is here." Victoria said, absorbed in Sunyoung's lyrics sheets.

"Unni! Annyeong haseyo! We're great friends, Victoria unni! Right, unni?" Krystal smiled.

"That's right." Sunyoung nodded.

"What are these?" Sulli looked at the lyrics sheets over Victoria's shoulder. Her face was more shocked as she read farther into the sheet. 

"Those are the lyrics to my Korean album." Sunyoung said. 

"Can I read them?" Sulli asked. Sunyoung nodded and Sulli became immersed with the pile of papers. Sulli continue to spill several praises towards Sunyoung.

Were these lyrics that good? I just wrote down what I felt. Sunyoung smiled to herself. 

"Unni, you're so talented! You wrote all of these?" Krystal exclaimed.

"Yes." 

 "I really need to improve my songwriting skills!" Krystal frowned.

"Yeah, you do!" Victoria teased. Sunyoung giggled and stood up. 

"How did you write all of these lyrics? Are they from experience?" Sulli wondered aloud. 

Sunyoung stared, bewildered. What could she say without revealing her past? 

"Uh...these lyrics are.." Fortunately, Amber, f(x)'s resident rapper and lead dancer, walked in, urging the f(x) members to practice.

"I guess I'll get going then. You need to practice. Hwaiting! I'll look forward to your future songs! Bye! Bye Sulli! Do well in your drama!" Sunyoung clutched her papers and rushed away. 

"Yah, Amber! She didn't answer my question about where she got the idea of these lyrics from because of your arrival and all your nagging that f(x) needs to practice!" Sulli attacked. 

"Were her lyrics meaningful?" Amber questioned curiously. 

"Yes, they were the best! They were so deep and distressful! I loved them!" Victoria rejoiced like a child. 

Amber reminded herself mentally to ask Sunyoung to see the lyrics.

~~~

"These are such beautifully written lyrics. Sunyoung noona is very talented." Minho was intrigued by the depth of the lyrics to Sunyoung's first Korean album.

"Lyrics? For what?" Onew asked, looking at Minho's phone.

"For her first Korean full-length album, "Love Hurts". She released a lyric medley of a few of her songs. Read them. They're great. I have to ask her how she thought of these lyrics." Minho handed Onew his phone and watched his reaction. 

Onew read and re-read the lyrics from the lyric medley, especially the "Love, That One Word" and "Can You Hear Me?" lyrics. He felt as if Sunyoung held a special connection to this lyrics.

Why would Sunyoung write lyrics like this? Does she still like me? Do I still have a chance with her?  Onew thought.

"What are you guys looking at?" Jonghyun appeared from his room.

"Sunyoung's lyric medley for her upcoming album." Onew responded.

"Did you like them? I saw the complete lyrics to all of her songs and they're great!" Jonghyun lauded.

"Really? Can you show them to me?"Onew grilled with enthusiasm. His original calm face had become so hopeful and bright.

"Why are you so eager?" Minho smirked. "It's just lyrics to music. You've seen them before. Is it because they are Sunyoung noona's? Do you like her, hyung?"

"No! I don't! Go practice or read or something! Aiish, I can't even ask a simple question!" Onew reprimanded. Minho laughed along with Jonghyun, and left as not to irritate him.

"Here, take Sunyoung's number and talk to her." Jonghyun said, handing Onew his phone.

"Why do I need Sunyoung's phone number?!"

"Don't you want to read the lyrics to her songs?" Jonghyun reminded.

Onew closed his eyes tightly, mortified of his words. "Oh, that's right. Okay. I'll do that later. Thanks."

"Any time, hyung." Jonghyun said.

Onew sighed. He wouldn't be able to look at the lyrics until the album was released. Sunyoung would pick up the phone at first, not knowing his number, but of course once she realized it was him, she would block his number.

Aiish. When will this silent feud between us be over, Park Sunyoung? Onew thought, leaning his head back. 

~~~

Sunyoung picked at the hair extensions as she was preparing for the filming of her music video for "Love, That One Word". Her phone rang all of a sudden. 

"Sunyoung, your phone is ringing. It's your mother." Tiffany said, handing the phone to Sunyoung. 

"Why is she calling now?" Sunyoung thought aloud, picking the phone up.

"Sunyoung-ah!" Sunyoung's mother's voice was frantic, as if she was looking for someone. 

"Umma? What's wrong?" Sunyoung became worried, turning away from the staff.

"Omeoni is in the hospital. Can you come?" 

"Yes! I'm coming right away!" Sunyoung inquired of the details of the hospital and quickly explained the situation to Tiffany. 

"Come as soon as you can. I'm sorry that this has happened. Bye! She'll be okay!" Tiffany sent words of encouragement to Sunyoung as she left.

~~~

As Sunyoung hurriedly drove to the hospital, she began to tear up. 

Aissh. Omeoni, shouldn't you be careful? What did you do to make yourself land a visit to the hospital? Please make omeoni heal well. I don't even know what's wrong, but please don't make it anything critical. Sunyoung prayed.

Author's Note:

Hello readers! 

Sorry for the late update! I also had trouble pasting the tracklist onto here because I created it from Photoshop and it was .psd file, not a jpeg file and it was so complicated to deal with! I wanted to give up and just type up the tracklist, but then I regained hope that I would be able to do something about it :)

 

I've been in a battle with myself! I'm trying to study, but I always get side tracked with Korean dramas. Though I haven't been interested in them until recently, I've watched a lot! I love Korean dramas! 

Currently I'm watching Angel Eyes! It's pretty good, so far! I'm only on episode three, so I shouldn't build up an opinion yet, right?

So, how was this chapter? Not much action here, except the last part.... :) 

Here is the list of the original singers of Sunyoung's album tracklist.

Goo Hye Sun as Geum Jandi in "Boys Over Flowers" drama- I Don't Know Anything But Love

http://minsunandbof.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-dont-know-anything-but-love-goo-hye.html

I love this song's meaning more than the song. But it's from one of the dramas I like, so I had to include it. Because it's a short song, I included it as the mood maker and intro to the album.

SNSD's Taeyeon- Closer 

http://www.kpoplyrics.net/taeyeon-closer-lyrics-english-romanized.html

I  included too many Taeyeon OSTs... But I had to! I love Taeyeon's voice and it just happened that her OSTs were meaningful too!

SNSD's Taeyeon- If

http://princessoftea.com/2011/01/05/taeyeon-태연-만약에-if-lyrics-hong-gil-dong-ost-hangeul-romanization-translation/

IU- Someday 

http://princessoftea.com/2012/01/25/iu-someday-lyrics-dream-high-ost-hangeul-romanization-translation/

This is one of my favorite OSTs of IU and of all time. It went along with the album theme, so I included it.

Baek Ji Young- Still in Love

http://www.kpoplyrics.net/baek-ji-young-still-in-love-lyrics-english-romanized.html

I like this song and its' lyrical meaning so I added it. Simple as that.

SNSD's Taeyeon- Love, That One Word

http://www.kpoplyrics.net/taeyeon-love-that-one-word-lyrics-english-romanized.html

This song was okay at a first time listen, but I fell in love with it, while writing this fan fiction. Out of curiousity, I searched up the lyrics for this song and was extremely elated when I saw that it related to Sunyoung so well. Don't you think so? Is it just me that this song was perfect for Sunyoung's feelings?

SNSD's Taeyeon- Can You Hear Me? 

http://www.soshified.com/forums/topic/11343-%EB%93%A4%EB%A6%AC%EB%82%98%EC%9A%94-can-you-hear-me-beethoven-virus-ost

This was also a song that I felt was apt for Sunyoung's emotions.

Davichi- Do Men Cry?

 
Yes, men do cry! Haha, I like Davichi's music and this song is another one of my favorites by them. 
 
So, in the later chapters, Sunyoung will explain a deeper meaning to the album and all that. 
 
I'm so excited for you guys to read the next chapter!!!! 
Bye bye! 
 
P.S. I loved the SMTOWN Concert in Seoul recently. I saw the pictures and fancams of f(x), SHINee, and more! It was cute to see them all happy! I wish Onew was there~ That's okay, though... He's stil recovering from the surgery...