One

10 Reasons to hate spring

Chapter one;

The narcissistic jerk

 

 

► APINK My My

 

 

Orange = Chinese - Mandarin 

Pink= English


 

" Ma~" I called out loud, entering the living room and dumping my bag arbitrarily on the ground next to the sofa. Strange, Where was she? Maybe she didn't hear me. " Ma~" I called out even louder then the first, walking into the kitchen expecting my lunch to be seated gracefully on the dining table waiting for me to consume it at any moment. But no, the table was emptyMy grumbling stomach didn't seem satisfied with the missing lunch on the dinning table and it growled even louder. Didn't I remind her that I was coming back home for lunch today? 

" Ah! Shu Zhen you're back ! " She calls out from the second floor, she seems to be busy with something. 

" Yes mother. Where's my lunch, I'm hungry."

" Come up !" She yells." I need help! " A loud thud followed through and I sprang up to my feet immediately, dashing up the flight of stairs to the guest bedroom that my mom was supposedly in .

" Ma, what happened? Are you hurt? " I asked anxiously, my heart was rushing like a bullet train, over 100 miles per hour. Have I ever mention that I'm not a very athletic person? I absolutely hate running or anything that involves me getting up and moving with my feet. I absolutely detest it. It takes too much of an effort.

" Ah, I'm fine I just needed help with this." She dusted off the dust on her clothes. " Help me dear ?"

As unwilling as I was, I gritted my teeth and nodded. My mom was the only one I had, she's my everything- I would never upset her nor disappoint her; my father ran off with another woman when I was just a kid and abandoned us both. My mother had to work day and night to support us . I hated my father for leaving us both, I hated him for making mother's life so difficult, I hated him for causing us so much pain, I hated him for every thing and I would never forgive him even if he comes back and beg for us. Never would I forgive him after what he had done. He doesn't deserve it.

" What's the occasion Ma?" I asked, putting a fresh new pillow case over the pillow. " Why are you changing all the sheets and cleaning this place up? " I threw the pillow across the bed and picked up another. " Who is this person who's so important that you can forget about your dearest daughter? Who's this person who can make you ignore your poor starving daughter? " I pouted slightly at my mom.

My mother chuckled and arranged the pillows neatly on the bed. " Oh Shu Zhen, you know him.

I raised my eyebrows questioningly at her. Wait...What? I know him...? Who could it be? I stared at my mom who was in a jubilant mood.  ... this better not be...

" It's Lu Han ! " She exclaimed, soothing the creases on the bed. " Aren't you excited ?"

Lu Han

I cursed inwardly, rolling my eyes. I had been praying hard for the past few months, hoping that he would contract a bad case of measles and had to remain in China. Damn! Looks like my prayers weren't answered. But seriously, who could I kid? That fella was as stubborn as a bull and has been coming here for the past five years without fail. I highly doubt his absence even when he's sick and dying- he's just too stubborn.  Pigs would definitely fly if he decides not to appear. 

" Yeah mom.." I said flatly . " I'm so excited. So excited that I would actually pack my bags and move to Guangzhou where yeye and nai nai are. " 

My sarcastic response earned me a knock on the head by my mother. " Language girl." She crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Didn't I say I would only accept Mandarin and Korean in this household? What have I said about English? " She reprimanded angrily. " And don't you dare sass with me young lady."

I rubbed the spot on my head that my mother had hit me, paying no attention to her words; I have heard it so many times that I could even recite it backwards. Yup, a bruise was definitely going to form. I waited till she was done before apologising half-heartedly. " I'm sorry Ma. I won't do it again."

My mom shook her head disapprovingly. " You say that every single time but it still happens."

I grinned sheepishly in response, crawling across the bed and planting a kiss on her cheek. " You still know me best Ma."

" Silly girl." My mother ruffled my hair as I snuggled against her arm. Our little bonding moment was disrupted by the ringing on the doorbell, mother pulled away with a bright smile. " He's here! He's here!"

" Yeah..." I deadpanned

Mother slapped me on my arm. " Be nice to him would you? He's a nice boy Shu Zhen."

" Yeah...nice boy my ." I muttered under my breath. " More like pretentious little . "

" I heard that young lady." My mother glared at me. " He's a sweet boy, don't speak ill of him." She walked over and place her hand on the small of my back. " Let's go welcome him."

I groaned loudly in displeasure, trailing behind my mom unwillingly. My mom descended down the stairs enthusiastically and opened the door to receive our " guest", while I trudged down the stairs slowly, savoring the remaining moments of peace I had left before my life became a living hell for the next few months.

" Lu Han!" I heard my mom greet excitedly;  judging from her tone, her saccharine smile must have been hung on the corners of her lips. She loves this boy for some unfathomable reason and I can never comprehend it. What so good about him? Excluding the fact that he has an adorable baby face , excellent lying and acting skills. He's nothing more than a wolf in sheep clothing, a devil disguised as an angel and a two-faced guy who has the mental maturity of an eight year-old kid. " You're so handsome now! How was the flight? Are you tired? Come in." My mother bombarded him with questions and I could picture the priceless flummoxed look on his face at this point in time.

" Ah, hello auntie. " He bows slightly and begun looking around the house. " Where's Shu Zhen? "

" She's... I swore she was just behind me a moment ago... Shu Zhen!" My mom called out.

" It's okay Auntie, I was just asking. She must be busy." Lu Han replied politely.

Yeah, busy avoiding you. " I'm here." I called out from the stairs, my arms crossed across my chest.

A smirk appeared on his face for a brief moment and I swore that a mischievous glint flashed through his eyes. " Wow... You've grown prettier Shu Zhen..." He praised softly.

A shade of crimson painted my cheeks. Maybe he did change. " Yeah, hello."

" Shu Zhen, help LuHan with his bags. He must be hungry after the flight, I'm going to prepare some lunch. I remember you like my Fried rice very much, I'll make it for you okay? " My mom smiled and walked off to the kitchen.

My jaw dropped. She prefers an outsider to her own daughter? She would rather let me starve than let LuHan starve? Wow, that's just great. I glance back at LuHan who watched as my mother disappeared into the kitchen. The minute she was out of sight, his signature smirk was plastered on his face. " Hey smurf, How are you doing? I see you haven't grow." He sniggered. " You're still that short."

Ergh... I'll take back my words on him changing.  A leopard never changes its spots, he's still the same that came last year. " What's up arse? I see that you still haven't undergo puberty. You're still that childish."

" Oh really?" He raised an eyebrow. " Everyone loves this baby face of mine, even your mother. Don't deny it sweetheart, you love me too. "

" Egoistic much? I see that your ego is still as big as your head, I'm surprised it hasn't burst yet." I grabbed his luggage and walked up the stairs.

" Come on Shu Zhen, don't deny our R2Pi." He mocked as we entered his room.

" Shut up before I kick you."

He smirked before he decreased the distance between us; every step he took closer resulted in me taking a step back. It wasn't long before I was backed against the wall, cornered by him.  " Come on." He leaned in dangerously close. " Just admit it." His lips brushed against mine with every word spoken, his warm breath hitting it. "You love me." He said teasingly.

My breath halted momentarily as he decreased the distance between us; he was so close that I could see the pores on his milky baby skin. His face is so smooth...it's even... Wait! What the hell is he doing? I kicked him in the place where the sun never shines the moment I got my bearings back. Lu Han doubled up in pain and was crouching on the floor. Ha! Take that. Shu Zhen 1, Lu Han 0. This is getting fun. 

" Woman! What the hell was that for? " He breathed out painfully as he glared at me. " It ing hurts."

I smirked in response. " Serves you right."

"Are you sure you are a girl? You kick like a man! Hell, you're never going to find a boyfriend at this rate; you're going to die alone with seventy-two cats! " He spat out, still clutching onto his precious area.

" Any s given? You're so pretty that no girl would want to date you. No girl would want their boyfriend to be prettier than them so you're going to die alone with your pitiful rubrics cube. At least I've the company of seventy-two cats." I retorted sardonically.

" At least I'm prettier than you." He sassed. 

I rolled my eyes. " Whatever."

" You can't resist me."He corked his eyebrows up playfully, walking towards me. " Admit it."

I raised the infamous finger at him. " you LuHan, you."

" Gladly sweetheart. I'll have you under me and screaming my name in ecstasy. I'll you so hard that you won't be able to walk for a week." He replied crudely, trailing a finger down my arm suggestively. " So when do you want to me? How about tonight? "

I turned puce at his crude reply. God-ing-damn it. This guy is impossible. He'll be the death of me. " off."

" Try me."

I raised my brows at him, a smirk tugging at the corners of my lips. You asked for it... I raised my leg and kicked him squarely in the sacred place. The next moment, LuHan was doubled up on the floor, in pain; in the same position he was in prior to a few moments before.

" What the was that for? " He spat out, curled up in a ball on the ground.

I shrugged nonchalantly, biting back the smile that was on the verge of forming. " You asked for it."

" Lin Shu Zhen!" He definitely was angry at me for trampling carelessly all over his inflated ego.

" What?" I replied teasingly.

" You're so dead!"

" Oh yeah?" I glance at him. " Try me." I challenged. Right now, it's 2: 0. This is going to be fun, very fun " What are you going to do? Tell my mom? Tsk. " I wagged my finger in front of him. " I ain't got time for this." I marked sassily as I left his room for mine.

" LIN SHU ZHEN! " He screamed from his room. " You'll pay for this! I swear. "

" Yeah, whatever." I said and slammed the door to my room. 

 

 

Author's note

Well, this marks the first chapter and here we have LuHan meeting Shu Zhen. How are you liking her? 

We'll be introduced to the rest of the cast in the next chapter.

Leave your comments below.

Until the next update~