Once Upon An Eye

The Endless Love Tetralogy: Spring in London
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ǁ O - Once Upon An Eye... ǁ

 

“When my eyes meet his gaze as we're sitting here staring at each other, time stops. Those eyes are piercing mine, and I can swear at this moment he senses the real me. The one without the attitude, without the facade.”
― Simone Elkeles, Perfect Chemistry.

 

 

London, England.

A week later.

~

 

Jessica Jung opens her overly heavy eyelids, covering her bare face with a hand then groaning softly. The sunbeam comes through her room almost silently, afraid to awaken the sleeping girl but to no avail since those piercing ammount of the glow is suffocating her eyes. She yawns, so wide and unlady-like, cracking some limbs of her legs and hands with back still firmly patchs on her super, duper cozy white sheets. Then with much reluclant, she rolls off the bed, bidding an unproper goodbye to her lovely bed, walking, more like dragging her still limping feets, toward her desk to turn off her nightstand. She looks out her window.

 

Fancy.

 

It’s such a boon to see London sky is shining so brightly just like today.

 

She frowns.

 

It seems like the spring is coming to town at last. Jessica opens her window, exhalings some great ammount of fresh air to fill in her lungs and her entire, still languid, body with a spring spirit and excitement. Nevertheless, due to the still cold air that blowing outside, Jessica abruptly rolls down her window and excessively rubs both of her hands together. With a swift motion, she gazes over to the alarm clock on a desk when suddenly her eyes widen in horror. 

 

“Oh, dear.” She yelps.

 

She authomatically runs, heading towards her flat’s bathroom door and opens then closes it with a rapid jerk, causing another poor human being, who calmly sit down chattering some stuffs in a kitchen, to gasp in shock due to her attitude.

 

“What? What happen?” A small, cute girl with glasses and heavy, long mocha hair who cupping a cup of latte in hands asks, staring at Jessica with a weird, bewildered face.

 

Eventhough her appearance this morning is more like a neglected, rehab patient; striped pajamas, the exorbitant cloak, messy bed hair and a sleepy, limping face - Sunny Lee who is younger than Jessica is actually the only daughter of a filthy rich bussinesman in Seattle who prefers to pursue her dream as a broadway actress in London other than studying business in colleage. And for several years she is indeed frequently performing on stage show in West End, although she only got such small roles.

 

“I am late...” Jessica says, panic. Her long feets skipping through the kitchen with such a skill. “I have a schedule for a music video filming and I am so late right now...”

 

Sunny waves her left hand, saying. “You are such a drama queen sometimes, Jess. You’ve never late before. You just woke up late for about ten minutes or so. And you went home late last night. You have a right to enjoy your sleeping time a bit longer. Don’t make it a big deal, barbie.” She continues to sip her latte and morosely sighs. “It's such a shame knowing one us have to work in a fine, beautiful weekend.”

 

Jessica just mumbling some incoherent words inside the bathroom door because she is busy brushing her teeth clean.

 

“Hey, darling. Would you like to have a Kris-waffles with homemade apple sauce?” A tall, skinny, , blonde haired guy offers. “ You know very well that my artificial apple sauce can make you feel like floating on space, right?”

 

Kris Wu, the original Vancouver, Canadian inhabitant, who works as a head chef in one of the most famous restaurant in Soho. Although, when Jessica met him for the very first time, he looks more like a hoodlum because Kris’ dragon and anaconda tattoos adorning almost every skin on his right upper arm. Even so Jessica had to admit that she had never met a hoodlum who has Kris’ mesmerizing blue eyes. His truly blue eyes, the eyes that could make any woman who seeing him in the eye went blank almost suddenly.

 

But unfortunately, Kris is not interested in women.

 

Jessica is back exclaiming some unclear words again.

 

“What did she say?” Kris turns to face Sunny this time.

 

Sunny just shrugs. “Maybe she just don’t want to float around the space?”

 

Right on a clue, that poor bathroom door is abruptly opened and soon reveals a rushing Jessica who dashes back into her room, followed by the sound of the closet door being opened harshly and hangers fell down to the floor.

 

“Please, don’t be panic, darling.” Kris exclaims from the kitchen. “Take it easy. You could possibly hurt yourself right here and there if you kept on acting like a mad, pregnant woman right now.”

 

But then a loud thud coming from her room could be heard, followed by Jessica’s groaning voice.

 

“I am not falling down! I am fine. Perfectly fine. Relax!”

 

Both of her friends just facing each other, shrugging.

 

Another good minutes later Jessica reappeares from behind her bedroom door. This time, she is fully dressed. She also wears a lot more appealing clothes along with her black boots and a hat.

 

“By the way.” Sunny embarks. “Whose music video you are going to film today?”

 

Jessica shrugs off. “Korean singer. I don’t know.” She says, waving her hand nonchalantly as if she did not care. “The one who lure me to accept this job is the unique concept of the filming. They make it like a short movie.”

 

Sunny turns to face Jessica, her lovely big eyes sparkle in curiosity. “Is it romantic? I love romantic scene.” She asks, smiling.

 

Jessica impatiently sighs. “I think the plot is about a man who secretly falling in love with a girl. Always watches her every moves from afar. Silently helping that girl without even bother to truly reveal his identity, yeah something like that.” She explains.

 

“Hmm ...isn’t it very romantic?” Sunny says in a dreamy tone, eyes staring at Kris. The latter just nodding his head, pretty much concur.

 

“I think it’s a little bit scary.” Jessica grouses. “Let’s say, he is silently stalking her, always keep an eye of her, helping her without showing his true nature. Isn’t it more like a pshyco or mental ilness

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter