The Beginning: London

The Endless Love Tetralogy: Spring in London
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ǁ L - LONDON ǁ

 

"Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.”
― Samuel Johnson, The Life of Samuel Johnson LL.D. Vol 3

 

 

Seoul, South Korea.

-

“Finally! You answer my phone call, buddy! I’ve tried to call you a gazillion times already over these freaking, overly dramatic three days but you just won’t pick up! Why, you?!”

 

Those unflattering, loud voice hoofing into Stephen Hwang ear drum right before he even have a nice chance to quoth a “hello”. He does not even bother to adhere his phone to his left ear to be able chatching up the other person said just now. Knowing all too well those fastidious voice who belongs to non-other than his own bestfriend, Stephen just laughs, saying.

 

“Choi Sooyoung, I know you miss me so darn much, but please tone down your overly girly voice. I just don’t want your other people around misunderstood us as a lover or something. You must be accustomed to that gay issues but I am not, Shikshin.”

 

Choi Sooyoung just vapidly laughs. “Haha, funny.” He flatly says.

 

Stephen averts his eyes to the large transparent glass in front, inside a spacious office room, staring at Apgujeong-dong street down there. It’s quite crowded you might say. People wearing thick jackets and wool scrafts, full of colours, walking here and there along the pavement, looking all busy and occupied, cars scatter everywhere.

 

The very ordinary scene.

 

That very ordinary scene which people don’t ever give a damn about, yet Stephen loves it. He loves observing his surroundings, just everything happens around him. He loves to give abit concern on how the pedestrian walk along the way and those cars which passing by.

 

“Actually, I know you’ve been calling me ever since.” He lightly says. “And I’m sorry about those phone calls. You are a freaking famous Idol so you must be know how does it feel to be tied up into your works. It’s so busy to the point you can’t even think other than your piles of work. I have to go to London next week, that alone explain why I’ve been busy these days. I have to finish everything here before going away to London.”

 

“I know you’ll be visiting London, Steph.” Sooyoung interrupts. “That’s why I call you. I need your help, actually.”

 

“Sure.” Stephen says, undoubtedly. “Just tell me, Soo.”

 

“I want you to make appearance in my music video.”

 

“Your music video?”

 

“It’ll take place in London and guess who’ll be directing the whole production of this project?”

 

Without waiting Stephen to answer, he reveals. “It’s Eric Kim. And because I know you’ll be going away to London working with Eric Hyung, I just thought that we don’t have to waste our time looking for another male model anymore. You are the perfect model. How’s that sound?”

 

Stephen sighs, pretending to be bothered. “Do I have another choice?”

 

“No.” Sooyoung says, laughing. “Alright. It’s a deal then. Oh right, Stephen, just so you know buddy, your face won’t be seen throughout the whole music video. Only the female model to be highlighted there.”

 

Stephen raises his eyebrow. “What? Why?”

 

“To be honest buddy, I really have to say that you are too dazzling to be shown on my music video.” He says, teasing. “But don’t worry much, eventhough only your board back or just the back of your head is going to be seen, the whole Korea would be aware that The Almighty Stephen Hwang is the one who is starring The Great Choi Sooyoung music video in a heartbeat. If you mind it, you can talk about it with Director Kim. He is the one who makes the whole concept. Not me, Stephi.”

 

Stephen once again sighs, excessively this time, yet smiling just fine. “Yeah right. The Great Choi Sooyoung for nothing. I am an extremely busy person, both here and in London later. So just tell me why in the world I have to spare my precious time starring your music video if my too-dazzling-face won’t be visible to the eyes of your overly crazy fans out there, huh?”

 

Ignoring Stephen’s question, he retaliates. “Busy? You mean busy on dating?” With a teasing grin, he then continues. “When will you introduce your girlfriend to me?”

 

Stephen raises one of his eyebrows, very much confused. “What do you mean? What girlfriend, weirdo?”

 

“The one whom I saw exiting the restaurant in Gangnam with you in a fine monday evening. Is that the girl who keep you busy lately?”

 

Stephen narrows his eyes right after those memories invaded his mind back. And also some other encounters that happened the night before. “She is not my girlfriend.”

 

“Yeah right.”

 

“She. Is. Not. My. Gir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter