That Boy Is Mine

You Caught Me Like No Other

Warning: ChanYeol and Sehun get insulted a lot in this chapter. But I don't want you guys to think I hate them, I love them a lot. Its just the style and genre I'm aiming towards. Thank you.

 

You know that feeling like you're drowning, and you feel that immense pressure from the water trying to kill you. But its all a dream and honestly you’re struggling to breathe and you sort of just jump awake, breathing heavily like you almost really did die. Because you kinda almost did. I almost wish that was how I woke up because at least then I know its just a dream. But instead I wake up to strong arms holding me tight and snug, the soft warm breath just lightly brushing against my neck and the beautiful sleeping face of Kai merely inches away from mine.

 

If thats not enough to give me a literal heart attack I don’t know what is.

 

So as I struggle to pry myself out of Kai’s heavenly sweet hold, its not like I don’t want to just cuddle all day but I have to get up. I have to go back to my room and get ready for my funeral.

 

Cause I’m going to be murdered.

 

I’m still struggling to get out of Kai’s iron mother ing grip, but he’s like refusing to let me go and as honored I am, I am also very close to slapping him awake. Then his pretty eyes start to flutter open like a magical Disney princess and I’m like one of dwarves in the snow white gawking and super awkward.

 

Wait then who is the prince?

 

I’m going to assume me, just by default and cause I’m in his arms. So HAH.

 

“Mm...sleep more….you stay….please?” he mumbling still very much asleep, pulling me closer to him, and his nose buries itself in my surely smelly bed hair. I let out this awesome manly squeal when he lays a soft kiss on my head and squirm around in his arms. He lets out this y chuckle, in his ‘just woke up’ voice and Lord of Cheese Balls, my manly parts could just not, like at all.

 

Manly parts.

Wow Luhan, can you not say like normal person?

What is normal? Psh.

I’m having another monologue.

Damn it.

 

“K-Kai...I need to get up, Sehun needs me back at the dorm.” I whisper softly, and he hums in response, his eyes still closed, and his face so dangerously close to my own. Then I witness those thick lush lips of his pucker out a bit.

 

“Kiss me, and I’ll wake up.” he mumbles, and puckers his lips out more. I try not to laugh because, he makes the cutest sleeping beauty snow white whatever. But wait-

 

I’m not the princess here!

yeah go me and my manly parts.

 

“You better wake up.” I mumble before leaning in and kissing his lips, its a soft swift peck and as soon as it happens I’m reeling away cause like ew I don’t want him to notice my morning breath. I hear a small sigh from him, but he loosens his grip on me and I can get up. I go get my phone, that died over night.

 

I’m like so dead.

I’m dying a .

Well I’m not at all surprised.

Maybe Sehun will wait long enough until I someone and then after kill me.

Nah the little would kill me a just to spite me.

Stupid Sehun.

 

“Are you hungry?” Kai asks, he stretches his arms out and his shirt rises up revealing toned chocolate abs and I think I’m seeing stars again. Or I’m choking too hard to see straight and walk like a fully functional human being.

 

“y-Yeah.” I manage through all my choking and tripping over my own feet. Kai chuckles softly getting up from the couch and makes his way towards me and I shuffle around to side to side like some weird awkward turtle. Which of course is my spirit animal. He leans down and places this delicate little kiss on my nose.

 

“I’ll make us something to eat.” he grins all sleepily and y like and I’m just standing there like what is life, what is air, what in the hell did I do to deserve this all? I think I angered the cheese Lord. I’m pretty sure thats what it is, and I should go sacrifice Sehun to him to make peace.

 

Or get coffee, so I can stop spouting all this crazy so early in...the afternoon.

 

I follow after Kai into the kitchen, unsure of what to do with myself and surely not wanting to end up anywhere alone in the apartment just cause I don’t trust the sleeping troll. I hang by the door, watching Kai make scrambled eggs and toast for three. I so enchanted by the way he cooks, and it sounds stupid because he’s not a five star chef or anything but just the way his body moves. The way his lips quirk slightly at the corner of his mouth, and his eyes are so full of concentration I can’t keep my eyes off of him. And that too.

 

Damn that .

 

“Stop staring at Kai’s princess peach.” out of literally ing nowhere the giant troll is behind me, judging me far too strongly this early in the afternoon.

 

“i-I was not!” I sputter like an idiot, and he just sneers at me before pushing me to the side to get through the door.

 

Okay. Rude.

 

So then I kick him in the back of the knee, he tumbles down like a falling tree. HAH.

 

“Timber mother er.” I grinned oh so victoriously while Kai was watching the entire thing with this embarrassed little blush on his face.

 

“y-You were staring at my ?” he asks shyly, while scratching the back of his neck all awkward but in a cute way. Cause everything he does is cute.

 

….

……

…….

 

This is probably the only time I will thank ChanYeol for tripping me, cause I hit the floor face first and all talking of asses is forgotten because I might be bleeding cause this ground hurts.

 

“.” I hear them both groan, or maybe just me but I’m being pulled up and I can’t see straight for a moment but then everything is clear and Kai is right in front of me. His face barely an inch from mine, and his fingers are gingerly touching my own.

 

“ ChanYeol, he’s bleeding.” he growls lowly and I hear ChanYeol talk while walking somewhere. Oh I feel woozy because this is just too much so early in the afternoon, I can’t handle it.

 

Seconds later a bandage is placed on my forehead, and then Kai kisses it sweetly.

 

“Are you okay Luhan?”

 

“Now I will be.” I’m so lame, but he laughs and I laugh while ChanYeol pretends to puke eggs. But him. I kinda wanna cling onto Kai like a koala but I’m not sure at which level in this whatever it is relationship is it appropriate to do that.

 

Speaking of, what exactly are we?

Are we dating? Are we just seeing each other?

Should I ask him? But what if he’s not sure because he’s just got out of relationship, a serious one at that. Wait, isn’t he moving on too quickly?

I let all these thoughts swarm around inside my head, and surely the blow to my head isn’t giving me a headache as much as these damn questions.

 

Should I just not say anything?

 

I wonder while eating breakfast, ChanYeol is talking about random and Kai is talking too but I just can’t concentrate on anything. I feel kind of messed up, in an icky way. I really need my best friend, even if he’s gonna kill me the second he sees me.

 

“Kai...can you drop me off at the dorm? Sehun needs me for something.” I kinda lie, but whatever, Sehun needs to kill me and I need to talk to him so its not a lie.

 

“Yeah sure, let me just get dressed.” he said before going off to one of the rooms, leaving me alone with a tall troll who was staring at me as I dip my bacon in the syrup and nibble on it.

 

“May I help you?”

 

“You could kiss me.”

 

“What?”

 

“So what are you to Kai?”

 

“What?”

 

“Stupid says what”

 

“Wha- Hey!” Okay so I almost fell for that, but I’m not stupid. Well not that stupid at least. I make a face at the troll. He laughing at my almost stupidness, I really should just punch him again.

 

“Why do you care what I am to Kai?” I ask, and he frowns slightly.

 

“Cause I want to you, and carry you around in my pocket.” he says very seriously while staring at me. I stare back with my jaw slightly slacked open.

 

“I have no words for that.” I proceed to pretend there isn’t a weird troll in front of me, and finish up eating.

 

“So Luhan are you a ?” ChanYeol asked, like a typical boy. I rolled my eyes all the way to the back of my head and I swear I caught a glimpse of my brain.

 

“What is it to you?” I didn’t mean to come out super defensive bit I did and course the giant troll gave me a ty eating grin.

“You would be a , you look like one.” he mocks and I’m clenching a nice little fist cause I’m so ready to punch him in the face, I can feel my face grow hot with anger and also embarrassment.

 

“You’re a too.” I shoot back and he stares at me like I just pissed all over his mom’s bed. Idiot.

 

“Am not!” he spits back angrily and so offensively insulted that its actually really funny and it takes everything in me not to laugh at him. He slams his large hand on the table, just to show how serious he is. Oh tall man angry. Oh look there goes my eyes rolling again.

 

“You’ve been ed in the ?” I ask without a bat of lash, and then he just sits there in complete silence for the first time this morning, and the realization hits him like a mother ing train. I relish in this beautiful moment before he responds.

 

“No.” he whispers almost to himself, and theres a small grin on my lips.

 

“Then you’re a Yeol.” I say, man his name gives so many opportunities for great insulting nicknames.

 

“Wait, how do you know I’ve never been ed in the ?” he asks as if its so hard to give an educated guess or something

 

“Cause I can tell you’re a top.” I answer but he’s still giving me this look like he doesn’t get it, and I have to hold my hands back so I don’t try to slap the stupid off of him.

 

“And you know that how?” he asks.

 

“By your height and stupidity.”

 

Then thats when Kai comes out dressed in a simple pair of dark skinny jeans and topped off with a white v neck t-shirt, while a black leather jacket drapes over his shoulder perfectly. He honestly looks so delicious standing there, I swear a silhouette of light shines down on him. I can almost ignore ChanYeol giving me the stink eye, all while I admire Kai.

 

“Well can you tell what Kai is?” he then suddenly asks and it throws me off my whole admiring Kai from a short distance thing I had going on. All while he’s giving me that eating grin again and I’m not trying to choke on air.

 

“Huh? What do you mean, what am I?” Kai asks giving that curiously cute confused look while I’d love to answer him, I’d also love not to answer him.

 

“Oh look I can hear Sehun calling me.” I say lamely looking the other way towards where my phone is, in the other room.
 

“But he’s not here.” Kai frowns, obviously much more confused by my lameness.

 

“I can hear him from here.” I squeak like a spaz and run to my phone, before I could be questioned anymore and of course I can hear the hideous cackling of ChanTroll in the back ground. I grab my phone that Kai had so kindly let me charge and decide to call Sehun. Maybe he won’t really kill me.
 

“You have some ing nerve you little turtle ” is the very first thing I hear once the call is answered and I could taste the venom on Sehun’s tongue with each word he hissed into the phone. And the thought of tasting Sehun’s poison tongue is enough to make me want to puke.

 

“Before you’re done preparing my funeral, none of this is my fault. I was kidnapped by a troll and then rescued by a pretty princess who fought for my honor and then I fell asleep watching Finding Nemo at Kai’s place.” I quickly try to sum up yesterday’s events or some of the highlights, and some how it turned into some kind of fairy tale.

 

This is  fairy tale

I swear if I’m the princess in this, Kai better be my ing prince

 

“You better get back home in the next thirty minutes or I will feed your disembodied heart to James for dinner.” he sighs at first but continues to threaten me, and then I’m reminded that I am a father of a little baby kitten.

 

“Oh my gosh! My baby, how is he?” I ask way too loudly and totally don’t squeal at the thought of him.

 

“He nearly killed Kris.”

 

I just made the ugliest noise while laughing so hard, cheeseballs I can’t even breathe right now.

 

“Yeah he said he’s gonna kick your when he sees you.” Sehun can’t even hold back his own chuckle after, but still warns me that other people are gunning for me. And I’m starting to think its much safer to stay here where they can’t hurt me.

 

“Well he better get in line.” I mutter with a huff, Sehun snorts obnoxiously loud over the reciever.

 

“Yeah cause I got first dibs on that tiny , Kai will just have to wait his turn.”

 

I’m speechless for like two seconds.

 

“Ew! Don’t talk about my like that you scaly lizard creep!” I screech into the phone, and while I hear Sehun’s stupid laughter I also hear the sound of someone awkwardly clearing their throat, and I hesitantly glance back to see Kai looking at me with some concern and ChanYeol in fits of s and giggles.

 

“Wrong number!” I yell and hang up on the lizard before anyone can question me further or make anything worse.

 

The ride back to campus is painfully awkwardly silent. Even when my jam comes on the radio I sit there in between Kai and ChanYeol like a limp turtle .

 

“So do you normally get calls about your Cause I want to be on that calling list.” ChanYeol breaks the silence with his stupidity and I’m almost thankful, if it weren’t for him being such a creep about everything.

 

“You definitely fit the bill of creepy scaly lizard but no thats not a usual thing you freak on freakishly long legs.” I spit, arms crossed and I totally scoot over closer to Kai who’s hand wraps around my waist and it just gives me this warm tingle that cruises all throughout my body. I could start melting into a gooey useless pile of goo right now.

 

“So I can randomly call you up to talk about your ?” ChanYeol asks, he’s relentless and I kick one of his stupidly long legs.

 

“ no, Face.” I mutter and throw in another kick, and rather than getting another yelp from the overgrown puppy I get a dumb grin.

 

“You want to my face? Don’t know what's stopping you babe.” his voice so sleazy I could vomit all over him.

 

“And I don’t know what's stopping me from rining your neck right now.” I hear from Kai who seems to have had enough of his friend’s for one afternoon and reaches over me to him to start to choke ChanYeol while the idiot is still driving and I’m under him. His hot, hard abs press against my face and I can’t exactly breathe, well I breathe in everything that is Kai and honestly if this is how I’m gonna go, I don’t mind at all.

 

We make it to campus, after nearly crashing the truck of course cause you can’t really drive well while being choked by your best friend. I nearly suffocate but I’m still okay with that. What matters is we made it, we live and I live for now. I walk towards the Junior/Senior dorm building with Kai and ChanYeol following close behind me. I hadn’t shown where on campus I was living to Kai, and I can’t help but want to giggle at the way he takes note of everything as if he’s creating a small map in his head of all the details to get there. I walk my the RA rooms quick, but not quick enough because I’m caught by the almighty hands that belong to the one and only Yifan. Which are also covered in hello kitty bandaids.

 

“Lu Han.” he growls my name, while holding me up in the air, and I squeak terribly loudly in the manliest of ways of course all while my legs kick and flail around in the air trying to touch the ground.

 

Damn this giant.

Damn all giants.

 

“That demon cat tried to shred me to pieces!” he yells a bit too close to my face, and I try to move back as much as I can while still being held up by the steaming dragon before me.

 

“James is just a little baby, he doesn’t know better.” I try to defend my baby, and save myself.

 

Multitasking at its best.

 

“He knows how to enjoy the taste of human flesh.” he hisses holding my shoulders tightly, and I look up at him with my special sparkly eyes before mumbling

 

“Yifan...you aren’t really going to hit me right? Right FanFan?” all in Mandarin which is both our mother tongues, and we use to speak to each other in it a lot growing up. I even pull the old childhood nicknames. I see his gaze soften, and his grip on my shoulders loosen with a long tired sigh. My feet then finally touch the ground again.

 

“No.” he mutters and runs a hand through his disheveled dark locks, I smile up at him and get on my tippy toes to give him a kiss on the cheek.

 

“Thanks for taking care of James, FanFan~” I laugh and skip my way to my room all while forgetting that there were two people at my side at the beginning of this journey who witnessed all of that.

 

“Yifan you know a babe like Luhan and never introduce me to him, Bro!”

Is all I hear from an idiot before, I’m at my door. I take in a deep breath, while I turn the knob of the door and open it.

 

Don’t fear the reaper Luhan.

 

“So you just barely made it, Lu.” Sehun greets standing in the middle of the room right in front of the door, while holding James in his arms who scrambles to jump out of them and to me. I open my arms out to hug my baby but I’m only given the taste of cold floor after Sehun knocks me down with a tackle.

 

He sits on my chest, while looking down at me with crossed arms and a frown. I stare up at him after blinking multiple times, the impact to my head making my vision just a bit fuzzy for a minute.

 

“I was worried.” is all he has to say before I feel so incredibly guilty, as if I hadn;t already for not calling him yesterday.

 

“I’m sorry.” I mumble back, and he sighs still sitting on my chest.

 

“You better tell me what happened yesterday and it better be worth all the stress and anxiety you put me through yesterday.” he demands with a jab to my cheek.

 

“I kissed Kai, well me kissed me...and we made out a few times, and I met his evil ex who tried to come at me. And then Kai’s best friend ChanYeol harassed me all night long, oh my gosh Sehun he’s so weird. And ...I got to cuddle with Kai all night.” I gush the first and last part with rosy cheeks, and a stupid smile. All the stuff in the middle are pointless because then I’m struck with the memories of the first kiss Kai and I shared, and each kiss that followed along with ending the night in his arms so warm and snug.

 

Truly a magical fairy tale.

 

“But did you ask him what his status was about?” Sehun brings up the issue of yesterday’s dilemma well first dilemma.

 

“Yeah well I find out when I met his ex, apparently he dated this guy Kyungsoo for like two years but the dude sleeps with three other guys. Kai broke up with him and even moved out of their shared dorm, but Kyungsoo seems to still want to patch things up I don’t see how since he cheated and Kai seems so done with him. But I could tell he really did love him ….” I whisper the last part, and feel an ache in my chest and I can’t tell if for what I saw in his eyes yesterday or because Sehun is still sitting on me.

 

“Hm...I guess it makes sense now, and I don’t want to bust his pretty face in as much now.” Sehun hums, James pads over to us and sticks his cute little pink tongue out and my face making me giggle.

 

“I missed you too baby.” I coo and he mews back at me.

 

“So what are you guys, you and Kai I mean.” Sehun asks after a moment of silence, and I lay there in silence because I don’t have a clear answer.

 

“I don’t really know.” I sigh, looking up at the ceiling wondering when exactly did my life become so complicated. I hear a knock at the door, and Sehun yells that its open. I hadn’t expected a group of people to walk in. And I really hadn’t expected ever for a group of my friends to walk into my room while Sehun sat on my chest.

 

“What are you guys doing?” Yifan asks and he stays by the door when he sees James by me still giving me his little kitty kisses. Kai stares at us in silence and his chocolatey eyes are hooded, and I can’t really read them. ChanYeol is staring at me, and then at Sehun in actual silence as well before he points a rude finger.

 

“Why can he do that but I get choked in the car just cause I wanna talk about your !” he yells and Sehun’s face quickly twists into a resting face and I lay there groaning, pleading to the Gods to save me from this mess.

 

“Yo Lu, why are you on the floor and why is Sehun using you as a cushion?” out of nowhere Lay or Yixing to be more accurate asks and he’s by my side petting James who quickly takes a liking to him.

 

“This is his punishment for not coming back home last night.” Sehun answers and makes no move to get up even though there are three pairs of judging eyes on us. I still lay there far too exhuasted to really fight anything.

 

“So do you plan on getting off of Luhan or what?” Kai’s voice noramlly so light and playful is low and has this certain roughness that makes me squirm under Sehun. Sehun turns to Kai and raises a brow with a smirk on his lips, and I can tell this can go two ways.

 

“Do you want me to get up? Need something?” Sehun asks casually but that little smirk on his lips, and I’m afraid of what will happen next. Kai’s jaw locks and he then holds his own smirk while he glances at Sehun for a quick second and then his eyes fall on me, and look up at him with a very flushed expression because I hadn’t seen this side of Kai.

 

And is y, I think I might be getting .

But then again theres a lizard on top of me.

 

“Sehun just get up, we all want to go to the karaoke bar right now and we can’t do that if you crush Luhan with your .” Yifan is now the one speaking and surely seconds away pulling the lizard off of me. Sehun shrugs his shoulders and chuckles to himself before pulling himself up and finally letting me free. I quickly sit up and look up at him.

 

“About ing time.”

 

“I didn’t hear you complaining before everyone came inside.”

 

“Sehun I will destroy you.”

 

“As if I’d like to see you try pipsqueak.”

 

I stare at him in shock, he knows very well not to make fun of my height. I pinch his side and he yelps making me grin. I again forget I have this almost constant audience and I turn towards them staring at them blankly before words are able to make their way out of my mouth.

“So Karokee? Alright I’m gonna shower quick and we can head out.” I say grabbing my towel and things while trying to squeeze by not be a total awkward turtle .

 

“Lets shower together Lu hyung, save some time.” Sehun comes right out of ing nowhere and says and and

 

“Hyung?” I gasp, I hadn’t heard him call me that since like never so like I don’t know what this brat is playing but I’m scared.

 

He plans to kill me in the shower probably.

 

“Yeah hyung, come on lets go. You guys can wait for us the lobby unless you wanna watch us get dressed after.”

 

“Wait so I can see princess peach ?” ChanYeol pipes up and looks my way, I quickly walk out rolling my eyes and head to the shower.

 

I swear having friends is overrated sometimes.

 

I get to the shower room, and pick a stall hanging my stuff and just as I’m about to lock the door Sehun’s hand stops me and he slips in and I want to scream. I almost do but he covers my hand and stops me.

 

Oh I’m gonna really die.

Die a . In the dorm showers.
me.

 

“Shut the up for a second and listen to me. Because your awesome best friend is gonna get you your first real boyfriend.” he says lowly, and pops his head up to check if anyone followed them into the shower room. When the coast seemed clear he ducked back down and let go of my mouth.

 

“Your hand taste like cat hair and ramen.”

 

“Thats what your mom tasted like last night.”

 

“Oh how clever of you, so what do you mean you’re going to get me a boyfriend?” I ask and start to just pull my shirt off because I really do need a shower and this child is not getting in the way of my personal hygine.

 

“Just follow along with what I say or do. Trust me. When have I ever failed you Lu?” he says all confident like and I shoot him a look right after finishing undressing and stepping inside the shower.

 

“How about the time you-”

 

“Shut up this time is different. Just go along with it.” he repeats, and I sigh wondering what did I really have to lose so I shrug.

 

“Alright fine, now just get out so I can shower.” I shoo him out the stall, but not before catching his dumb baby grin.

 

Sometimes Sehun can be cute.

But really he’s just a weird lizard.

But I’ll always cherish the memory of him calling me hyung.

 

Not too long after I finish my shower and head back to the room to get dress. I pull on some of my more dressy clothes after Sehun yelled at me for picking one of my plain baggy sweaters and jeans. He made me wear a pair of tight red skinny jeans I forgot I had, this loose black tank top that didn’t cover much of my chest leaving my collar bones exposed. He then threw one his old leather jackets at me and made me wear it too. He styled my hair and even tried to make me wear eyeliner but when he poked me in eye and made me cry I drew the line.

 

Hah get it. I’m too funny.

 

“Sehun come on everyone is waiting.” I say while he pulls on his high tops, and then checks his phone. He glances up at me with a smirk before grabs my hand and walks us out of the room.

 

“What are you doing?” I ask trying to pull my hand away but he holds it tight.

 

“Just follow a long.” he hisses right as he reach the lobby where everyone is waiting for us. I don’t really why all of sudden they get quiet and stare at us for a while until Yixing breaks the silence.

 

“Damn Lu you look y, what the happened?”

 

“Gee thanks Xing, I can always count on you.”

 

“Okay seriously I just want to you. you get me so ually frustrated I can’t even really deal you ing-.” ChanYeol cusses and storms out of the building flailing his long limbs around.

 

Well okay.

 

“You’re welcome.” Sehun sneers at his work, before Yifan coughs awkwardly and makes everyone walk out the building and towards the  parking lot. Sehun is still holding my hand and I’m really lost on what is going on.

 

“Luhan.” I hear my name called out and turn to my right and Kai is at my side, very close, so close I don’t know how I hadn’t notice him get this close. He leans in even closer, and by my ear he whispers softly “You look amazing.”

 

I swear I see stars, and maybe even God.

Thank you Sehun.

 

We’re at the karaoke bar, and its an actual bar with a karaoke stage. He grab a table for all of us and only me and Kris are legally able to drink. So we order a couple of beers for ourselves and the kiddies get soda.

 

Okay so over the years I’ve learned I don’t have the highest tolerance for alcohol but I’m a not a light weight either, so I have a couple of beers.

 

But then a couple, turns into a few and few turn into seven and by then I’m laughing like an idiot at nothing, and feeling everything like today is really the best ing day ever. Because I’m dancing and laughing, and eating wings like it was my last day and I almost even kiss Kai but I miss his face and kiss the table instead.

 

“I think he’s wasted.”

 

“Nah, man Lu you got this.”

 

“I think we should cut him off.”

 

“Luhan are you okay?”

 

I hear them all talking and all I really see from across the room is a pair big dark owl eyes looking my way. And even in my tipsy state I know who exactly they belong to. I watch as he makes his way to the center of the stage, and take the mic.

 

why is he here?

 

He talking, and pointing my way and then I feel about a million eyes along with my friend’s eyes on me and I can’t really tell what's going on cause my brain is mostly mush. But I feel some slap my arm and I turn to him with a scowl.

 

“Luhan that guy just called you out to duet, and I don’t think he was being very friendly about it.” it was Sehun and he’s whispering to me and I can sort of get what's going on.

 

“Don’t worry I got this.”

 

“You sure? I feel like I’ve seen him before and he sounds like he’s trying to with you.”

 

“Nah I feel it in my s, aint got on me.”

 

“...Well alright then.”

 

I stand up after a minute and stagger up to the stage the crowd is hollering about cause they think this’ll be fun but I can barely tell the walls from the floor. I look towards Kyungsoo, who is given me this smile like ‘I’m about to wipe the floor with you’. I respond by just ignoring his dumb , and looking out into the crowd, realizing even in my drunken state this was the first time in a year that I was going to sing in front of a crowd. My eyes glaze over the  blurred faces of the crowd but one face particular is still as vivid in the sea of blurs wethers sober or drunk. I stare into his eyes, I can’t tell where he’s looking, or what his eyes hold. And that for a moment scares me but then the song starts and I’m handed a mic.

 

Kai.

 

The tempo is soft and slow, and then Kyungsoo begins to sing;

 

“You need to give it up.

Had about enough.

It's not hard to see,

the boy is mine.”

 

I look his way, he stares at me with a smirk while his finger jabs at his chest and the last line he glances towards to someone in the audience in particular but the general audience doesn’t know who, they’re too busy fawning over his rusty melodic voice. But I do, and I hold the urge to scoff, instead I take the mic and hold it up and take the next line;

 

“See I know that you may be

just a bit jealous of me.

Cause' you're blind if you can't see

that his love is all in me.”

 

I sing and it may be the alcohol that gives me the extra confidence boost to start strong, and move in closer to Kyungsoo, to show him I’m not at all intimidated by him. He seems to be caught off guard by the fact that I can sing too, my voice may not be as rustic or deep but still held a sweetness that the audience seem to enjoy with all their yelling.

 

Kyungsoo actually scoffs before singing the next line;


 

“See I tried to hesitate,

I didn't want to say what he told me.

He said without me

he couldn't make it through the day,

ain't that a shame.”

 

He sings loud and powerful, his eyes don’t leave mine and they’re dark still trying to scare me off but I move in and sing again taking the notes to another level;

 

“And maybe you misunderstood,

Plus I can't see how he could

wanna take his time and that's all good.

All of my love was all it took”

 

With the last line theres this crackling fire in Kyungsoo’s eyes and I can’t tell if he’s going to keep singing or lung after my throat. But he raises his mic and continues to sing through the song, we both take turns with each line for the duet, until the end and we have the entire bar at the edge of their seats, but between us there only one other person in the entire room, who is watching us with these dark hooded eyes I wish I knew what they meant.

 

And we both finish off harmonizing naturally to the final line;

 

“I'm sorry that you

seem to be confused.

He belongs to me

the boy is mine.”

 

The song ends and the bar erupts with clapping and yelling, but me and Kyungsoo are still both staring at each other waiting for the next move.

 

“He’s mine.” Kyungsoo hisses.

 

And I’m about to say something back, but all that comes out is vomit.

I vomit all over Kyungsoo.

 

Good enough for me.

 

Ch. 5 End

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have finally updated.
Whats ed up is I had this chaptered planned out for so long only now I have actually been able to write it 
This is I believe the longest chapter I've written for this fic, its 15 pgs and over 6000 words.
I hope you guys enjoyed this update, its a hot mess. But I think this one if not my favorite chpater so far.
Expect more ed up , along with deper moments with Lu and Kai, along with exploring them more as characters and Lu's relationship with other charcters in the fic, so please look forward to that. And of cour more dorky spaz Lu~
The song Lu and Kyungsoo sing is The Boy is Mine by Breandy and Monica. Its a great song, and just fit their situation perfectly. Also I am not trying to compare their singing talents at all. I love both their voices sooooo much.
I really want to hear from you guys about this chapter, so much happend. Ending still kills me. 
Thank so you so much for subscribing and comennting and upvoting, it means so much to me~!
Please Comment and Subscribe, also upvote you'd like~ <3
Sorry for mistakes its 5:40am 
Peace out homes!
 
I just saw that this fic is over a year old omg 
and I only have 5 chapters....I need to fix this
I plan on updating more so expect that!