The Siren's Cry

The Elite: Fanfic Recs, Reviews, and Request/Advertisements [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Siren's Cry by thecafewriter

The mystical world of Hans Christiann Andersen washes onto the shores of the real world in this modern, fan-fictional re-imagining of "The Little Mermaid" starring Zhang Yixing.

 

After being stuck in a - with both his music and love-life - for about a year, Yixing's banal life routine is shaken, literally, by a 7.0 quake and the resulting aftermath. But great big waves and collapsed buildings aren't the only things disaster brings to this coastal town; while assisting with the oil spill relief efforts, Yixing and his friends find a strange girl caught in the muck and debris, and they soon discover that the've rescued a namelss mermaid with some trouble of her own. "Jinyu" has but a year to find her prince, get him to fall in love with her, and break her spell. Between dodging pernicious scientists and learning to walk on legs, she's going to need Yixing's help if she deosn't want to turn to foam.

I recently came upon this story when it was one of the featured links on AFF. I immediately fell in love with it. I love how the author did research before writing this story, and how much thought was put into it. I also LOVE how beautifully it is written.

This story features Lay and Luhan from EXO, and the main character/protagonist (Fancy word ^^) is a mermaid, who is dubbed Jinyu (Meaning goldfish in Chinese lol)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter