(2/2)

Yellow Chrysanthemum
“Why is he here again?” Baekhyun didn’t bother to hide his annoyance when he saw Jongin’s car park outside the building they were currently in. “You told me that our schedule for today only consisted of checking out the location for the wedding’s reception. You didn’t tell me that we had to babysit the groom-to-be too.”

The years that they have been best friends were enough for Kyungsoo to know that Baekhyun was only pretending to be irritated to protect Kyungsoo. He knew it wasn’t needed but Baekhyun will always be Baekhyun and he knows it’s in his nature to be like that.

Jongin was leaning against the room’s entrance when he caught sight of Kyungsoo placating Baekhyun and it didn’t take a genius for him to know that it was probably about him. He hates how Baekhyun constantly treats him as someone Kyungsoo should be cautious with but he knows it’s probably his own fault too.

“Just it up hyung.” He interrupted once he was inside earshot of the two older males, playful smirk on his handsome face which only made Baekhyun scowl even darker.

“Don’t ruin anything inside Kim Jongin or I won’t hesitate to trade your for porcelain plates.”

“Glad to know I’m worth that much.”

Kyungsoo snorted just as Baekhyun held up the finger on Jongin’s way before disappearing inside the administrator’s office to probably arrange the details for the upcoming event.

Do you want to check the dishes?

Kyungsoo’s resident post-it note was held up in front of Jongin alongside Kyungsoo’s look of excitement as he waits for Jongin to respond to his request. There were a few seconds of silence as Jongin playfully pretends to be having a hard time on deciding and Kyungsoo had to pinch his arm in retort to his teasing.

Nonetheless, Kyungsoo placed his hands flat on Jongin’s back before pushing him towards one of the tables where assorted menus were presented for their taking (and tasting).

“You just wanted to eat, don’t you hyung?”

The Kyungsoo from a few weeks back wouldn’t grace him with a proper answer but it was different now as he watched the mischief dance shallowly on Kyungsoo’s eyes. He watched as Kyungsoo seemed to radiate with every laugh that escapes his lips; as thrill lights up the elder’s eyes with every little thing he does and how he smiles at Jongin brighter than before. He notices it all and he’s more than willing to let Kyungsoo remain that way for a very long time.

The two spent a few more days together. The once a week meeting morphing into daily routines of café and Kyungsoo dragging Jongin to random places just to check out which building has a nicer color scheme or which restaurant has the most waiters. They were having so much fun that ignoring Baekhyun’s question of ‘Where is Ms. Park?’ seemed like the right thing to do.

Jongin believed it was as he secretly glances at the scowl on Baekhyun’s face every time he would tell him Jinri’s been incredibly busy and he’s only filling her part for the wedding.

“Baek, can I talk to you for a second?”



















Jongin couldn’t be happier than the last few months of being together with Kyungsoo. The older male was everything he had dreamed of from taking the same bus to school every morning to taking care of Jongin like the perfect boyfriend he is. Yes, Kim Jongin’s high school life was sailing along smoothly. Very smoothly in fact that it scares him. Don’t stories always tell it like this? The calm before the storm, they say.

Kim Jongin’s greatest storm came in the form of a phone call one early day in May while he was hanging out with Kyungsoo.

The news came crashing down on the younger male and it was painted on his expression, his movements and everything that adds up to him being Jongin. Kyungsoo followed Jongin’s every shift; watch as his fingers go rigid around the phone in his hand and his eyes lose the sparkle the younger always have. It was painful looking at his boyfriend like this.

“I need to go hyung.”

Kyungsoo wanted to ask what was wrong. He desperately wanted to but what could he do when small fingers were only beginning to type on the phone and Jongin was already far out the door.

The funeral was held a few days later on the small cemetery lining the edges of the city.

Kyungsoo hadn’t seen Jongin since that day he run from his room and it took Sehun to tell him that Jongin’s mom passed away in a car crash.

The younger male was staring dazedly at the coffin, red b around his eyes but no tears were shed as he threw in the last rose on top of the glass case. Footsteps hummed against the grass covered in dew from the rain earlier that day but Jongin remained oblivious to the ‘goodbyes’ and ‘see you soons’ the attendees made in passing. When Jongin’s father patted his shoulder before heading first back into the car, Kyungsoo took slow steps until he was standing beside the younger male.

It was times like these that Kyungsoo felt lucky being unable to say anything because what could words offer to someone who had just lose a piece of themselves?

His fingers grazed against Jongin’s knuckles before holding them loosely against his. It hurt how cold Jongin’s usually warm hand was, how he didn’t feel the younger’s hand curl against his own as he held them tighter.

No words were exchanged, only a tight-lipped smile before Jongin slid his hand out from Kyungsoo’s hold and walked back to his father’s car.



















“Why do I have to come with you again?” Jongin found himself asking for the umpteenth time that night as he sat beside Kyungsoo on the back of a car, fingers fumbling lazily with his tie as he watched the city come to life at night from the window.

It was getting dark when Jongin had stopped by Kyungsoo’s house to drop the files the older had asked the day before when he was suddenly dragged out from inside the building to the car waiting outside. His voice was stolen right out from his mouth when he saw how Kyungsoo looked more gorgeous than before with a suit framing his small body and especially narrow shoulders. It took him another minute and the roar of the car’s engine to pull himself back to reality and ask why he was suddenly being kidnapped.

There was a glint on Kyungsoo’s eyes as he turned his head to stare at Jongin, lips pulled up in a bright smile as he shakes his head as if to tell him it’s a secret. Kyungsoo was so beautiful it pained Jongin to have him so near yet so far.

“You’re not actually trading me off for some porcelain plates, are you?” Jongin teased, returning the smaller’s smile with his trademark smirk and he was glad to see the pink rise up on Kyungsoo’s cheeks.

Kyungsoo playfully pretended to mull over the idea before laughing and the sound was doing nothing to alleviate Jongin’s racing heartbeat. It didn’t help that the space was confined and the soft sounds of Kyungsoo’s laughter keptbouncing off the sides and back to Jongin with no less the intensity.

Jongin blamed it on the car’s humidity as his head began to get lighter, Kyungsoo’s face suddenly becoming blurry before coming back to focus much closer than how it was first. He blamed it on the sound of Kyungsoo’s laughter and the way his lips seem to call Jongin forward as he looks up to see Kyungsoo’s eyes wider than what was normal. He blamed it on himself for remaining in love with the man beside him as he pressed his lips against Kyungsoo’s parted ones; blamed it on the frantic drumming of his heartbeat as he cards his fingers through Kyungsoo’s styled hair.

There were countless of things that Jongin could blame himself for but when he felt Kyungsoo kiss him back, maybe – just maybe, he wasn’t the only one to be blamed.

It was just a small pressing of lips, just tentative emotions seeping on barely fleeting touches but it was everything that Jongin longed for and as he pulled back to search Kyungsoo’s eyes, his elation only seem to escalate with how bare the elder’s expression was.

With calculated breaths, Jongin leaned his forehead on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, lips ghosting over the warm flesh not covered by fabric as he tries to form emotions into words.

“I’m still in love with you.”

Jongin could hear how fast Kyungsoo’s pulse is beneath his fragile skin and it's scary how he unconsciously counts the seconds for the older male to do something – anything – that would give Jongin a sign on what to do next.

There was a small movement as Kyungsoo’s shoulder sag from his tensed position earlier, small hands coming to press up against Jongin’s chest before weakly pushing the taller male away.

Their eyes remained unseeing as both tried to avoid looking at each other, afraid of the things they’ll see reflected on each other’s eyes.

It was Jongin who looked up first, heart laid bare in front of Kyungsoo as he waits with bated breath for the elder's response.

It took Jongin's stare to bore on Kyungsoo's face before the latter finally raised his head to look back at Jongin. His eyes were glassy, a mirror of unshed tears and unsaid words as Jongin's hope threatened to shatter at the slightest hint of regret.

It was painful on the both of them as Kyungsoo opened his mouth, choked sobs escaping as he desperately tries to say something and Jongin's hand was already raised to catch the tears that were soon to fall.

"We're here, sir."

It was with frantic movements when Kyungsoo harshly wiped the wetness on the corner of his eyes before hastily nudging Jongin to get out first.

They have arrived outside an establishment known to host events on whatever occasion but the colorful lights outside framing the bold name of 'EMERGENCY' did nothing to distract Jongin of what took place minutes earlier.

The hesitant touch Jongin got from Kyungsoo was expected but the fluttering feeling when fragile fingers gripped Jongin's arm was not and it was doing all kinds of things on his heart (and body). Kyungsoo may not have given him an answer but he wasn't that dumb to not realize it yet.

(after all, Jongin didn't even ask a proper question)


















Jongin had changed.

It was a day after the funeral when Kyungsoo noticed the signs.

Jongin would shy away at his touch. He wouldn't hold Kyungsoo's hand anymore nor would he talk to him unless otherwise necessary. He would still take the bus with Kyungsoo and walk him home but it had turned into a responsibility rather than a privilege. Jongin would be inches away from Kyungsoo but it felt like they were thousands of miles apart. Kyungsoo wondered when was it that he lost Jongin.

How do you even miss someone that's supposedly still there?

"Hyung?"

It was Sehun's voice that roused Kyungsoo from staring blankly at the wall in front of him. The older male was obviously waiting for Jongin on their usual spot but the knowledge that Jongin wouldn't come running to meet Kyungsoo there affirmed Sehun that his best friend wasn't his best friend anymore.

"Let's go home, Hyung."

It was Sehun that walked him home that afternoon. It was also Sehun who apologized for Jongin as he bid goodbye on the older male in front of his house. But it wasn't Sehun that Kyungsoo wanted to see as he changed from his uniform to simple clothes before he rode his bicycle all the way to Jongin's house.

The maids were the one who greeted Kyungsoo as he made his way up to Jongin's room. The place was filled with expensive paintings and luscious carpets, walls warm with the bright hues of paint but it was eerily cold inside, just like an abandoned house void of the living.

The door to Jongin's room was loud when Kyungsoo made the first tentative push. It was dark and quiet and Kyungsoo almost made the mistake of thinking that no one was in until his ears caught the faint sound of breathing.

Jongin was lying flat on his back,, navy blue comforter hugging his body as he remained impassive on the middle of the bed. He looks asleep if not for his eyes that were wide open, the dim light that peeked from the curtains reflected on blank orbs.

There was a startled movement from the younger when the bed dipped from Kyungsoo's weight. "Hey."

Kyungsoo just forced a smile in return.

Jongin made no move to say anything or do anything else, silence their companion again but it was different this time. The comfort Kyungsoo found from being like this before was replaced with a sense of foreboding. With trembling fingers, Kyungsoo laid a hand on Jongin's forehead only for the younger to push the contact away.

"You should go home hyung."

The hurt was clear on Kyungsoo’s face as Jongin his side, back facing Kyungsoo as he proceeds to ignore the elder’s presence. There was a beat of hesitation on Kyungsoo’s part before he makes another attempt at contact, this time hooking his fingers with Jongin’s own.

“I said you should go home!”

Jongin harshly yanked his hand away from Kyungsoo’s, eyes alight with anger and sadness as he sat up to look properly at the older male. Kyungsoo was close to tears as well when he hastily pulled out his phone with fumbling fingers, desperately wanting to convey his feelings.

The silence was broken by Kyungsoo’s phone shattering against the floor, Kyungsoo’s eyes wide as he stares in disbelief at Jongin who slapped his hand away.

“I don’t need you and you’re silent offerings of comfort!” Jongin shouted, chest heaving up and down harshly from the force he was exerting himself. He could see the tears falling down on his bed, Kyungsoo’s cheeks stricken with liquid grief but he couldn’t stop himself, not when he was keeping everything locked down for too long. “I don’t need you.”

Those were the last words he remembered uttering before Kyungsoo bolted out the door and out of Jongin’s life.


















“A bachelor’s party.” Jongin deadpanned as he looked around at the males plastered on every corner of the dimly lit room. “Really, hyung?”

The awkwardness from earlier was chosen to be forgotten in favor of the strobe lights and drunk endeavors of the people around them, Kyungsoo’s own face flushed from embarrassment at having Jongin with him there.

“Who’s the man of the night?” Jongin absentmindedly questioned, eyes unconsciously looking for a familiar face amidst the crowd of strangers.

He knew when not to expect words as he followed Kyungsoo deeper into the array of bodies on the middle of the room, the sight of skin peeking from the side where a mini-stage was built distracting him for a second before continuing with his blind trek.

“Jongin?”

The voice was familiar – too familiar in fact that Jongin had to whip his head frantically in search of the owner of the voice before eyes settled onto a pair long embedded on Jongin’s mind.

“Sehun.”

He could see Kyungsoo grinning widely, obviously quite proud of himself but he was too absorbed at the fact that his best friend was here in front of him. His best friend that he hadn’t seen for God knows how many years standing solidly in front of him looking like a lot of things had changed but everything still remained.

“I didn’t know you got back with Kyungsoo.”

As if those words were the key to their long forgotten friendship, Jongin launched himself on Sehun and howled with laughter, glee too big to contain as Sehun finally laughs with him.

“Don’t tell me this is your sending off party?” Jongin joked when he pulled back, eyes bright with so many questions but throat too tight to say them all. There was a teasing glint on Sehun’s smile and Jongin only laughed harder at the realization.

“I can’t believe you beat me only by a few days!”

At Jongin’s words, Sehun shot Kyungsoo a confused look which the elder quickly ignored by looking away, interest suddenly stolen by some of the people waving at him before sliding quietly away from the two best friends.

“You’re getting married?”

There was silence between the two, the drumming of the loud beat disappearing into a blurry aftertaste as Jongin smiled in bitterness and Sehun ran a hand against his hair in frustration.

“Why are you here with Kyungsoo then? Wasn’t it enough that you hurt him once? Do you plan to do it again?”

Sehun’s tone was full of accusation and Jongin couldn’t really blame him, not when he was right and he was the one who messed up big time back then. “I’m not, I swear.” Jongin insisted, shaking his head frantically as his eyes begged Sehun to give him a chance to explain. “And the fact that you’re here only proves that I’ve got once chance to make things right. You need to help me Sehun.”

The expression on Sehun’s face didn’t soften, lips pale as he pursed them in disapproval at the male before him. “Help you? With what? I’m not going to be the one comforting Kyungsoo again. I’m not someone who’ll clean up your mess every single time, Jongin.”

“I know.” Jongin simply bit back, eyes filled with determination that made Sehun nod his head back in affirmation.

“Don’t let me – us down this time.”

Jongin learned many things that night. First, Sehun has a thing for Chinese and that said Chinese shouldn’t be angered unless you want physical pain. Another is that Sehun is the perfect best friend you could possibly have the luck in getting but he wouldn’t tell him that. Lastly, Kyungsoo has a very low tolerance for alcohol.

“Why did you drink so much hyung?” Jongin whined as he carried a -faced Kyungsoo on his back up to the elder’s floor. It had been such a hassle inside the car while on the way back, the driver forced to stop multiple times every time Kyungsoo had the sudden urge to vomit his intestines out. Let’s say that Jongin’s shirt wouldn’t see the light of the younger’s office ever again.

The ride on the elevator was quiet, Kyungsoo suddenly stilling on his back, a complete contrast to when he was inside the car. It was amusing to see this side of Kyungsoo but it didn’t stop him from worrying about the older male. Something must have happened for Kyungsoo to go past his limitations on drinking.

Dropping Kyungsoo on his feet in front of the older male’s door, Jongin had to support him with one arm while the other one fumbled with the keys on Kyungsoo’s pants. It was a very hard thing to do when said owner was breathing down on your neck, weak fingers gently tracing goose bumps on Jongin’s arm.

Kyungsoo was being clingy the moment they stepped inside, hands not wanting to let go of their hold on Jongin so he was forced to carry the older male into his bed. It wasn’t an easy task, not because of Kyungsoo’s weight since the older male practically weighted nothing but because drunken Kyungsoo is fully out of his mind, touches lingering more than necessary and eyes half-lidded as he looked up at Jongin. It was a temptation Jongin didn’t want to resist but he should and it was very hard.

“You’re going to face the consequences of this tomorrow.” He sighed, eyes tired as he placed Kyungsoo on the bed. The elder took it upon himself to whine at the loss of his personal heater, lips forming a pout Jongin had to look away from.

“You’re mean, hyung.” He whispered softly as he kneeled on the foot of the bed, hands busy fumbling to take off the elder’s shoes. “You know I’m always weak when it comes to you.” He pulled off Kyungsoo’s pants, immediately covering the older male’s lower body with his blanket before looking away. “Why do you do this?” he finished, a sigh escaping his lips as he undresses Kyungsoo of his shirt. The fabric soon found its place on the floor as Jongin lifted the blanket higher up the other’s frame.

Kyungsoo had his eyes closed when Jongin finished, lips parted as small whimpers escaped occasionally. It had Jongin sitting down on the edge of the bed, eyes fondly taking in Kyungsoo’s face with all the time he had. The older male didn’t change, not at all. You would think he didn’t grow out of high school. Such memories bring bittersweet pain on Jongin’s chest.

“I wanna make you happy hyung.” He said quietly, voice almost unheard except by himself and Kyungsoo blinked his eyes open, half-mast gaze slightly dazed on Jongin’s direction.

“Go sleep.” He whispered, carding rough hands on Kyungsoo’s hair before bending down to press a chaste kiss on the elder’s forehead. He didn’t expect to be pulled down by Kyungsoo’s hand suddenly pressing on the back of his neck, his own hands pressing flat on the spaces beside the elder’s head as he tried to not crush the body below him. “Hyung, let go.”

Kyungsoo was stubborn, adamant as he shook his head and held tighter on Jongin’s frame. Heaving a defeated sigh, Jongin rested his forehead on the space beside the elder’s head, hands sliding down to hold Kyungsoo’s waist through the thin fabric of the blanket.

He didn’t mean to pull back and get lost on Kyungsoo’s eyes. He didn’t mean to want but he still found himself kissing Kyungsoo again when the older male gently pressed his lips on Jongin’s jaw.

The kiss was far from the first one earlier. It wasn’t chase as Kyungsoo kissed Jongin back with want, making the latter groan in frustration and the other to whimper in need as tongue’s touched. It had been years since they last had something like this and it was building up into something delirious. At the back of Jongin’s mind, something keeps telling him to stop especially when Kyungsoo’s open mouth started pressing onto the crook of his neck, tongue trailing a dangerous path on Jongin’s pulse.

“We should stop.” Jongin’s voice was wavering as he makes an attempt to pry himself away from Kyungsoo but the older male just chooses to moan at the same exact moment and the sound was bringing up foggy thoughts inside his head.

“Hyung,” he chants over and over again before crashing his lips again on Kyungsoo’s, hands shakily running up and down Kyungsoo’s side before he pulls back quickly, gasps of air making his chest hurt as he placed the distance between him and Kyungsoo.

“I don’t want it to be like this…” he trailed off, eyes looking down at Kyungsoo’s glassy ones. He could perfectly see the hurt reflected on those black orbs but he was determined to make things right this time. "Not yet. Not this time.”

The rejection was strong on Kyungsoo’s eyes and Jongin couldn’t help himself as he pressed soft kisses on the former’s face, whispering soft words of assurances that ‘hyung, I want you so much.’ into the elder’s very skin until soft sounds of breathing could be heard as Kyungsoo finally lulled himself to sleep.

Lifting himself off the bed, Jongin rubbed a hand on his face, anger and frustration all bubbling inside him but he told himself he can do this and he’s prepared to do anything.

Taking one last glance on Kyungsoo’s sleeping frame, Jongin placed a glass of water and two aspirins atop the bedside table before locking the door and walking back into his own problems.

“Just a little bit more, hyung.”


















It was the wedding day and Jongin was the very first person to arrive on the venue, the people in charge of the decoration throwing him curious glances as he walks inside until he reached the small room at the very back.

There was Kyungsoo, white suit making him more ethereal as the glow of the sunlight seeping in from the transparent glass window making a backdrop for the male’s natural charm.

“Hyung.”

Kyungsoo turned around quickly, a smile already in place as he waves for Jongin to come closer and the younger does, steps quiet before he stands beside the smaller male. The silence was back to the comfortable familiarity they have gotten used to a long time ago and Jongin wishes this was a good sign for what he was about to do.

The scratching of the pen caught Jongin’s attention and he waited patiently for Kyungsoo to show him what he wrote, eyes soft because Kyungsoo’s the only one who can melt Jongin’s cold façade every time.

Nervous?

The coincidence made Jongin laughed and Kyungsoo to tilt his head in confusion before the former nodded his head and smiled sheepishly.

“Extremely so. You?”

Kyungsoo’s brows furrowed in anxiousness but he shrugs nonetheless, a small smile lifting the corner of his lips up. He really didn’t know if Jongin was mocking when he threw the question back at him.

“I have something to tell you hyung.”

What is it? The words were clear as Kyungsoo looked straight onto Jongin’s eyes and for a second, the younger male hesitated before pepping himself up again.

“Rather, I have something to ask you.”

Kyungsoo grinned in amusement and Jongin smiled apologetically, cheeks flushed pink from embarrassment before their roles reversed and Jongin was suddenly kneeling down on one knee in front of Kyungsoo, fingers shakily fumbling with the box on his pocket before pulling it out.

“Kyungsoo.”

The low baritone of Jongin’s voice was making Kyungsoo’s knees weak and he had to place a hand on his chest as he stared wide eyed at the male in front of him. He could feel his heartbeat wanting to thrash away from his ribcage as Jongin’s gaze met his and suddenly, the world around them didn’t exist anymore, only the two of them.

“I know I’ve hurt you. And I made you wait for such a long time.” Jongin started, his throat conspiring against him as air suddenly becomes too scarce for Jongin’s liking. “I’ve brought you heartaches upon heartaches and nothing will ever undo those.” He added after a little while as he forced himself to not look away at Kyungsoo’s stare. The elder’s eyes were glassy and he knew his was probably in the same condition too but he refuse to falter at this crucial moment. “But I promise to spend my whole lifetime with you to make up for all the ty things I did. I want to spend every single waking day of my life seeing your face and telling myself that this man deserves all that the world has to offer. I want to be the one to bring you happiness and I want you to be the one to bring in mine, not that you don’t already but still… “ he trailed off awkwardly, chuckling nervously at his audacity to joke at a time like this. “Will you willing to spend that lifetime with me, hyung?”

“Will you marry me?”


















Sehun swore to take revenge on Jongin the moment he sees him again but he was kind of busy right now watching a sappy, romantic film with Jinri and he had promised to make the other girl happy today so killing Jongin had to wait.

Sparing a glance at his watch, he smiled when he sees that it was almost time for the wedding.

“I do hope they make each other happy.” Jinri suddenly said, eyes still trained on the screen in front of them but Sehun was not blind to miss the tears flowing freely down her cheeks. “And that Kyungsoo should be the perfect spouse for Jongin or I would personally have to tutor him.”

Sehun couldn’t help but admire the girl sitting beside him. It was a few days ago when Sehun had accompanied Jongin to break the news to Jinri and he was witness to how the girl’s world shattered in front of the dancer. It was painful to watch but he realized Jongin was doing the right thing on not subjecting Jinri in a life made out of lies and pretentions.Baekhyun was standing outside the house too, ears strained as he listened to the soft cries of Jinri before everything became quiet again and Sehun had to leave Jongin and Jinri alone.

It was a hard thing to do as Sehun watched Jongin suffer the wrath of his dad and Jinri’s parents but he remained absolute of his decision, taking in every harsh words and strong slaps to his pride for telling the truth. Not everyone can be as brave as Jongin and Sehun silently told himself how lucky he was for his best friend.

“I’m sure they’ll learn together.” Sehun replied, face devoid of the blank expression he usually has and instead replaced with a fond smile as he leans a tad bit forward to catch the other male’s eyes on Jinri’s other side.

“I told you no googly eyes while I’m here.” Jinri scolded the two and Sehun couldn’t help himself but laugh as he crossed his legs in front of him and subject himself to watch the burning cheesiness of the couple on screen.


















Baekhyun was there as well as all of their high school friends and Kyungsoo had to choke back another sob and face the opposite way to stop himself from bawling in front of the people he’s closed with. Jongin was in front of him, laugh contagious as he hugs Kyungsoo to himself.

“Stop crying. You don’t want to look like a mess during the wedding.”

Kyungsoo had looked up at that, bright eyes confessing his love for the younger male and Jongin had never been so sure of his decision before.

“Come on, I have a surprise for you.”

Kyungsoo shot Jongin a look that seemed to say he had enough surprises for the day but he followed nonetheless, fingers curling against the spaces on Jongin’s hand. It was a contrast to his own, rough pads evidence to the hard life Jongin had suffered but it was perfectly Jongin and Kyungsoo could want no one else.

“Kyungsoo.”

The simple call of his name was enough to freeze Kyungsoo on his tracks as he takes in the sudden appearance of his mother and he wasted no time before he flung himself onto the woman’s waiting arms, exchanging words of comfort and happiness before Kyungsoo’s mother pushed him away softly to wipe at the tears on her son’s face.

“Your father would have been very proud of you.” His mother cooed, fingers tracing Kyungsoo’s cheek and she didn’t miss the slight fall on her son’s face. “Kyungsoo, stop blaming yourself for things beyond your control. Your father saved you because he loves you.”

Jongin watched from the sidelines as Kyungsoo turned into a baby in front of her mother, another side he had failed to see for himself before and he vowed to himself to watch every single from now on.

“You sure made a lot of effort, huh, Jongin.”

Baekhyun was standing nonchalantly beside him, eyes also trained on Kyungsoo and Jongin clenched his jaw in preparation to what the older male would do.

“Hurt him again and I’ll personally hunt you down myself.” The older male playfully warned Jongin, but the younger didn’t fail to see the seriousness behind the mischievous glint on Baekhyun’s eyes.

“No need to tell me that, hyung.”



















When the officials have arrived to start the ceremony, Jongin whisked away Kyungsoo back to the room where he had proposed, laughter bubbling up inside him as he stands in the middle of the room with Kyungsoo in his arms.

“Say it again, hyung.”

“… I love you, Kim Jongin.”

“I love you too, Do Kyungsoo.”



















What about Jinri? Jongin could perfectly see the hesitation on Kyungsoo’s eyes but the desire was overwhelming Jongin and he smiled sincerely at the male in front of him.

“I fixed it all with her.” He replied in assurance, wiggling the box slightly to catch Kyungsoo’s attention again. “I realized I can’t live without you… and it was unfair on her part when my heart had always been yours.”

It was when Kyungsoo finally cried that Jongin stood up and quickly enveloped the smaller male into his embrace, cooing soft words of comfort on his ear as he waits for the sobs wrecking his body to subside.

When Kyungsoo pulled away, his face was scrunched up and his brows furrowed as he opens his mouth to form words, Jongin freezing on his spot as he waits in anxiety at what Kyungsoo plan to do next.

“Ye—“

Jongin’s breath got stolen from him.

“Yes.. I – I’ll m – marry you.”

He launched himself on Kyungsoo, kissing the breath from the smaller man as he slips the ring on the elder’s ring finger, ‘I love yous’ repeated a thousand times over as Jongin let himself cry along with Kyungsoo.

Everything's going to be alright.