Chapter 1: Memories of Marriage, Promises, and Death (part one)

Endless Goodbyes

          I held the small box in between the tips of my fingers , playing with it. I could feel beads if sweat forming on my forehead . The only thing on my mind was his possible answer to the most life changing proposal I'd ever make. The sudden sensation of a hand on my shoulder made me jump in surprise. Looking up to see the owner of said hand , I found Yunho smiling down at me.

          "Nervous?" I nodded , returning my gaze to the box.

          "I'm afraid he'll reject me" I could hear Yunho taking a deep breath , probably preparing for a long fatherly speech as always.

          " Changmin when I first met Jaejoong I always felt that he was the one I'd marry. And when I finally found the courage to propose , boy was I nervous . I kept doubting that I was worthy enough for him and nearly gave up on the matter. However the thought of losing him because of a single act of cowardice , I could not stand. I was determined to make him mine and when I succeeded I couldn't believe I ever doubted the strength of our love."

          I carefully put the box in my pocket and dried my trembling sweaty hands on my dress pants. The sudden crashing of the door opening stopped me in my place. Junsu walked in dressed in an elegant tuxedo ,followed by Yoochun and Jaejoong. I let out a breath in relief , for a second there I thought it was Kyuhyun.

          " What's the matter Min?" Jae umma quickly switched to his motherly side , hugging me tightly . His warm eyes gazing into mine worried.

          "Nothing, just a bit nervous" he planted a kiss on my cheek and smiled.

          "Don't worry , everything will be okay" he stood up straightening his newly bought suit. Junsu placed his hand on my shoulder , giving me a comforting squeeze.

          "I'm sure it'll be fine"

          "If anything I got your back" Yoochun smirked patting my head , he always treated me like a child. Yunho walked over to Jaejoong and wrapped his arm around the raven haired's waist, lovingly.  

          "All of us here gotta stick together to protect one another . Never forget." I nodded regaining the confidence I had lost earlier.

          " Thanks" we all huddled together briefly, our brotherly connection strengthening.

          "We should get to our positions before Kyu gets here."

          "Don't worry Min , he'll have to ring the doorbell first."Junsusmiled wickedly.

          "What do you mean?" Yunho asked the same question running through my mind.

          "Well he can't get in without these"the red head pulled a pair of keys from his pocket , the red feathered accessory indicating that the keys belonged to none other than Kyuhyun. Surprising gasps broke the silence.

           "I must be rubbing off on you 'cause that's the smartest thing you've ever done" I smirked as he puffed his cheeks.

           "You're welcome" he muttered. The five of us burst out in fits of laughter , we weren't exactly sure what was so funny , but laughing just seemed to fit the part. As we settled down a sudden rigging of the doorbell startled us.

           "In your positions everybody" I whispered "Yunho open the door" we all scurried to our places , our hearts racing with anticipation.

           ______________________________________________

          A tall man with curly honey brown hair stood at the front steps of a large mansion he lived in . His home , why exactly was he not entering , well he lost his keys or possibly just forgot them , either way he had to wait till the door was opened for him. Footsteps could be heard approaching the door steadily. 'Finally' he thought to himself. However when the door opened he didn't expect this certain brunette to get him. He did indeed expect a brunette just not this one.

          "Y-Yunho what are you doing here?" He didn't reply instead he held the door wide open heeding him to enter. The taller male wore a nicely fitted suit with a plain white dress shirt beneath it. A black bowtie snuggled around his necked topped off the expensive looking attire.

          "Follow the red path" his face expressed no emotion , which further confused the younger . 'What in Shisus's name is going on here' he walked into the dark corridor and to his surprise the lights simultaneously . He looked back thinking Yunho might have been the cause, but the spikey haired brunette was gone. 'Creepy' he shuddered. He cautiously walked to the flight of stairs just ahead , as he got closer he noticed a path of petals leading up the stairs.

                               'Follow the red path'

          Yunho's words rung through his head , and so he did as advised. The rose petal path lead him to the hall where the bedrooms were located . His sharp eyes caught sight of envelopes neatly placed on the path consecutively. He squatted and picked the first in the row. He examined the label-less envelope and proceeded to open it . A photo neatly tucked inside , carefully examining the picture. The scenery brought a rush of nostalgic emotions. The large classroom with neat rows of desk facing the front of the room , it was the start . Their first meeting.

            ______________________________________________

          Room 358 , read the label on the door. A door that would determine his future depending on how efficiently he studied. The curly haired brunette's heart raced , with a deep sigh he mustered enough courage to enter the room . The place was nearly empty , except for the two strangers seated in the front row seats. Kyuhyun was glad for his punctual eagerness to start college.

          He choose the seat that best fit his taste . The fifth seat by the window. The 18 year old male always found himself gazing out of windows in his spare time during class. When his work was done or when a simple breather was of need , the moving life below the glass barrier was suffice to ease the pressure. The student began to graze his finger tips on the desks smooth , unscathed surface. Here is where he'd learn to improve on his natural born talent , and perfect his techniques. Soon the whole world would hear his voice and rejoice in his emotional melodies. Soon. He sat eyes glued to the window as more students flooded in the room , his attention only turned away when the professor arrived. The short old man dressed neatly with a welcoming smile on his face.

          "Hello students" various of 'hey's , 'hi's and 'hello's filled the room for a few seconds before the man spoke again "My name is Mr. Kim and I'll be your vocal instructor for this year. Let's start off by introducing ourselves , starting from the first row . Stand , state your name hobbies and any other interest."

          The brunette rested his chin on the palm of his hand uninterested in his classmates introductions. He wasn't exactly the most social of people . However , when a tall muscular peer rose on his turn , Kyuhyun's eyes were glued onto his flawless tanned skin.

          "I'm Shim Changmin , I love eating so don't ever take my food or I'll kill you. Beside that I am a quiet guy who loves sleeping." His voice mesmerized the young singer. "Also I'm 18 and hi everyone " he waved to everyone in the class , a radiant smile taking Kyuhyun's breathe away. Just before he sat down his eyes met with the young singer's, and for that brief moment his heart stopped. From that moment on his sight never averted from the back of the taller man's silky brown hair. He observed his miniscule of movements .

          "Hey you with the curly hair it's your turn" the teacher spoke , faking an angered tone. The brunette I'd been gazing upon turned to my direction a smirk forming on his lips. I fought back a blush , and put a indifferent facade not wanting to further grab people's attention.

          "The name's Cho Kyuhyun , I love music more than anything and that's about all you need to know about me." I flopped down on my seat ignoring the gaze of the silky haired brunette.

          I sort of zoned out for the rest of the period , I hardly noticed anyone leaving the room till a head with silky brown locks invaded my vision. The owner of said head was none other than Changmin.

          "Hi there Kyuhyun" he took the seat in front of mine , he faced me with a goofy smile.

          "Hello" their eyes met once more , Kyuhyun took the chance to examine the others face. His round brown eyes gleamed happily , those soft lips turned up exhibiting pearly whites. Not to mention his clear skin beckoned to be touched.

          " Are you excited for this year?"

          "Yes" I replied trying to avoided his teasing collarbone displayed by his slightly ed short sleeved dress shirt.

          "Me too , I love to sing just as much as I love to eat." I laughed , his giddy behavior is incredibly......cute."You have a really nice smile" his eyes locked on to mine , a heavy beat playing rapidly in my chest.

          "Thanks" I couldn't hide my evident blush this time around. All I could do is shyly stare at my desk.

          "Would you like to hangout sometime? You seem like a very interesting individual."

          "Sure."

           ______________________________________________

          It's been five years since and the feeling is fresh. The same old beat drumming at the sight of his lover. The singer moved on to the next letter . The contents was a photograph of a small cozy looking cafe. The dark green painted walls and small wooden tables , looked much older than when he had first gone there. On his first date with Changmin.

           ______________________________________________

          I grazed my fingertips across the smooth surface of the table (I guess that one of my strange habits). A date , my mind hardly wrapped itself around the idea. But what's most shocking is who asked me on this date. Shim Changmin , the man with a beautiful voice , beautiful heart , a beautiful everything. Except his body , it's y and irresistible. Ahem , anyway the point is I was yelling with excitement.

          Every time the chime on the door frame rang my eyes searched for silky brown locks. Finally , about the third time he entered , his eyes wandering around the place. As his sight almost reached my direction , my heart raced. That instant our sights met his lips turned up in a radiant smile , my legs went limp like jelly. His hair which is usually styled casually , now brushed bangs to a side a bit tucked behind a ear. His attire consisted of a tight pair of black jeans that hugged his long legs seductively, what a sight. To top it off her wore a short sleeved white dress shirt with a slim fit gray vest over it. Oh my poor heart , self conscious much.

          "Kyuhyun , you're early" he sat on the seat across from me .

          "As are you" I smirked.

          "You look stunning" I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks.

          " And you look extra Handsome today" he laughed shyly , hiding his smile behind his hand.

          "So you think I'm handsome every other day?"

          "Yea , but apparently to you I'm only stunning today" I pouted crossing my arms.

          "N-no your stunning everyday, heck you're the most beautiful individual I've ever laid eyes on, you're absolutely perfect." His confident words left me in shock , with a hint of happiness and embarrassment. I could feel my face heat up at his compliments.

          "Hello welcome to Sweet Tooth Cafe may I take your order?"

          "I'll have a caramel macchiato a slice cheesecake , four blueberry muffins and a slice chocolate cake." The waitress quickly jotted down the order and turn to face me.

          "I'd like a strawberry cheese cake and a caramel macchiato please."

          "No problem" he bowed slightly and left to prepare our order.

          "So uh Kyuhyun you see, you and I have been friends for about two years and we've grown very close." A profound blush formed on his cheeks. "I don't know if you'd notice or if you feel the same but I really like you . It's not just because you're beautiful, everything about you is what makes me want to hold you and be someone you depend on." He squirmed nervously in his seat , I found it cute. "Um will you be my boyfriend?" His eyes looked deeply in mine with all seriousness. As if my heart was a drum, his words played a intoxicating beat in my chest.

          "Yes, I'd love to be your boyfriend"        

           ______________________________________________