Be With Them

So It's You

“You shouldn’t be here.” A voice said behind you. You are having a free time so you decided to go to the park a few blocks from your apartment. The street lamp would filled up the darkness in night time. There’s another event going on this week which is really crazy considering the Gala Night Event are held specially for your company so your parents will be there. Your parents, the Presidents of Double W Global Empire is one of the most respected people. They own five-star hotels, resorts as well as shopping complexes and since they are so busy so they elected some of their trusted associates and acquaintances in running most of it. Chanyeol is holding a part of it while you are not really into business although you have graduated in Business and Management as your degree but you prefer to choose what you love the most, racing. People love your parents, they worked so hard for this position and despite they are so busy with running the company, as well as holding a charity throughout the world, they are still energized, feel motivated and have time for you and your brother. That’s what makes you love them even more. You appreciated them both especially a few years ago when you were having a broke down, they will be by your side. They are so nice to people that you’re worried people might take advantage to them but they proved you wrong since they are very cautious in everything they have done. Their personality is the best. Not that they have the kindest heart but also the most powerful people that conquered the business world. They love to help people all around the world. That’s how they made it. But that’s what made you worry. They were such a workaholic people that you are worried about them.

The person sits next to you and hands you a cup of hot chocolate. “I’m just thinking.” You replied without looking at him. “Hyungs are looking for you.” “I know.” “How is it going?” He was worried. You could tell. “Okay I guess.” “Are you ready?” “Sehun-ah~?” he looked at you with his poker faced. “I don’t wanna go.” You whined. “Well, that’s not really my problem.” he bluntly replies. You scoffed. “I hate you.” “Yeah I love you too.” He sighed. “You should go. It’s for your own good.” He said after a moment of silence. “Your reason?” you dubiously looked at him. “So I won’t get bored.” “All of you are so unbelievable.” You pushed his shoulder. He softly smiled and your heart softened at him.

Sehun is one of your best friends who grew up with you. His parents also owns the famous shopping complex with your parents. Currently he is an heir for the Confiance Hotel & Country Club, a five-star resort where most affluent people go. Unlike his parents, Sehun is having a hard time trusting people. You love to be with him not because he is from a well-off family, he owns most hotels around the country or because of his handsome looks but because all of you have been together ever since you can remember until grow attached with each of them. Sehun is really cold, hardest to approach among all of you after Kris and Kai but behind that vacant looks lies a caring person, a nice heart and a sweet guy full of cuteness in him. There’s a reason why he ended up like a heartless person. All of you have gone through a lot back then and that includes fighting. You always fight with them but never had a big fight. But life is like a roller coaster so you can’t deny that fact. Each of them has this bracelet with them all the time, specially made by your family as a gratitude for taking care of you. And now you’re 25, many things is gonna happen but all of you promised to never let go of each other’s hand.

“What are they doing?” you leaned against his arm as he played with your hair. “As usual.” Chanyeol lives in your parents’ house which is not far from your apartment. You decide to live independent by yourself after you graduate and you’re happy until they started to barge in without your permission. “Aren’t you cold?” you turn your head to him. “I’m a man now.” You rolled your eyes at his reply. “I was worried. That’s all.” “I know.” he sighed and look at you, contemplating whether he should ask or not. “Chae-Young-ah.” “I’m fine really.” You smiled at him. “Well good then.” You laugh at his blank reaction and pinching his cheeks. “Aww. You’re too cute you know that.”

“Ready to go? I don’t want to hear Hyung’s lecture for leaving you alone.” He mumbled. “Hey Sehun. Wanna go for a ride?” you winked at him.

An hour later, there he is, sitting uncomfortably in the passenger seat in your car. “Just don’t get caught. Oh God, why did I agree to go with you?” he face palmed himself. “It’s not like you haven’t been here anyway. Relax.” You grinned like a child. “That’s what I’m talking about. I never trust your driving abilities outside the race track.” He made a face. “Hey. They’re such a slowpoke okay? I like it this way.” “I think I have a heart attack afterwards.” “Don’t be such a drama king Sehun. It’s just a ride for God’s sake.” You rolled your eyes. And you abruptly stop in front of the hill. “I think I’m gonna puke.” You sighed at his childish behavior. Good thing, he’s not Tao or he might screaming for help, you thought. “We’re here.” You told him and got out from the car and sit at the empty bench next to a tree. “It’s been a while we’re here right” And he just nod. He looked at the familiar place, the place where you treasure the most whenever you had a hard time or when you won some race, you will come here. It’s like a tradition that you always here either having them accompany you or just you alone.

The hill is a very special place for Yoochun, Yeol and you. Yoochun is your older brother that always brought you here whenever both of you felt pressurize by your family’s request in becoming an heir to the company. Your parents are okay but the others aren’t. There’s nothing special but you can view the whole city, it is really beautiful during the night and it is really peaceful. Chanyeol is the only responsible, reliable and the sensible person among the three of you. That time he was studying abroad while both you and Yoochun are the rebellious and the troublemaker in the family. Yoochun can be said as the nation’s rebel but he still knows sensibility.  Your parents do not against of what you’re both doing because they believe to have faith in your abilities. ‘If you want to be successful, know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.’ 

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, you silently laugh at yourself. “Damn, I look pathetic. Constantly reminding of the past. It hurts, remember everything.” You sighed. “I know.” He hold your hands and you place your other hand on top of his. “I can’t believe it’s been 5 years already.” You almost on the verge of breakdown but try to hold it in. Sehun hugs you for comfort. “Chae, you can count on us whenever you have a hard time. We are one after all.” You silently laughed at his cheesiness to make an attempt for to comfort you. “I shouldn’t be crying.” You wiped your tears. “Yeah, ‘cause you look horrible.” He nodded at his words and you slap his arm, hard. “That hurts, woman.” He glared at you. “We should go home. It’s late.” You start to make your way to the car. “Hmm, I wonder whose fault is that.” Sehun purposely said it aloud before slam the door shut. “Bipolar.” You muttered under your breath. I wonder we become friends anyway, you thought.

“We’re here...” Both of you had gone back to your apartment and Sehun just went in after he keyed-in the password by himself. I should’ve change the password, you thought. Kai was playing Xbox-360 and nodding on Sehun’s information without looking at him. “Why are you here? Get out!” you threw a cushion at Kai and Sehun snickered at him. You glared at Sehun forgetting his presence. “You too Sehun! GET OUT! Come on you guys!” but they still wouldn’t budge, doing what they’re currently do. Sehun is just sitting on the couch playing chess by himself while you go to the kitchen looking for something to eat. After a few times of getting rid of them both, you decide to give up.

“Do you guys planning to stay here or what?”

“Yeap.” They answered simultaneously and you sigh in disappointment. “Hey, can you at least be happier? You don’t know how many girls wants to be in your position right now. Shouldn’t you be grateful?” Kai smirked and Sehun is amused at his words. You roll your eyes and the fight began.

You decided that the three of you just watching your favourite movie, eating popcorns with both of them sitting next to you. The three of you always have time watching movie, eating snacks. It’s like a tradition.

“I miss this.” You said to both of them. “I guess now that we are getting older we won’t be having much time with each other.” You speak softly. “Yeah, I still remember we always sleepover at your house, Chae. Good times.” Kai smiled at the memories. “I remember when you used to back me up and hit them whenever a group of kids beat me up.” Sehun winced at the memory while you laughed at it. “I remember! And that time when both of you dressed up as a girl at the school play. That was awesome.” You just laughed so hard you fell on the floor while their cheeks reddened. “I’m gonna miss this. Let’s take tons of pictures.” You take out your camera on the coffee table take a photos of this memorable moments. Enjoying a movie night with them, forget about the stressful from work and laughing like idiots. For once or twice, you always think that whenever you look at them at this moment you are not sitting with the company’s heir but with Kai and Sehun, your very best friends. That’s the best part, was being able to be with them again.