Gala Night Part II

So It's You

Kai looked up as he could sense someone walking towards him and his lips quirked upwards, smiling softly as you touched his arms. “If you don’t mind, may I take him?” you asked and began to pull him but they manage to grab your wrist tightly. “Don’t you know who am I?” You raised your eyebrows. “There’s no need for me to know.” You grinned at the girls and politely remove their hands while they just giving you a death glare since they missed their opportunity talking to the KAIST’s heir and their hopes went down the drain when he ignored all their talks and giving that straight face all the time. You pulled him near the drinks and stared at them. “Well. That was really annoying.” Your eyes darken for a while. “Well accept the fact you are jealous, Chae.” He smirked. “Wow. Confident are we?” you retorted.

“Chae Young-ah~” someone called your name and your eyes brightened at the sight Mr. and Mrs. Kim and she pulled you in a hug. “Oh, aunty, uncle. How are you?” your smile never left your face and you are happy to see Kai’s parents. His family are very close with yours are very close and you’ve been sleepover at his house for numerous times when you were kids so it’s a natural thing his mother will be seeing his son is accompanying you. “I’m fine thank you. I haven’t seen you in a while my dear. I hope you are well. Visit me whenever you are free okay? The house is empty without you. And my son doesn’t even bring anyone either to accompany me. Don’t you feel sorry for your mom here Kim Jong In?” Kai made a face and you have to suppress your laugh as his mother trying to lecture him about he should have been dating someone right now. Since Kai’s mother saw you were talking with her husband, she turned to Kai, “Son, I know you don’t want to ruin your relationship but looking at you right now, I can see you still love her don’t you? Don’t keep it in or it’ll hurt you even more.” His eyes softened at his mother’s words. Mother’s knows the best, he thought. Mrs. Kim knew about this. In fact, she knew it before he did but hoping that her one and only son wouldn’t hurt himself in the future. “Don’t worry about me okay, mom.”

Kai tried to hold his feelings and he tried so hard not to hug you when you opened the door. Don’t let her see your expression, Jong In. Kai firmly thought. He doesn’t want people moreover his best friend ever since a kid, knows that he has feelings for you. Yeah, the guy who grew up with you is in love with you. Kai couldn’t believe that either. It was unexpected that he always thought you as a best friend but that day made his feelings even stronger than ever that he was sure that he is in love with you. No one knows, except the boys. It was a mistake when he looked at you lovingly and the Parks’ siblings caught him first. Then, next thing he knew, all of the boys caught him looking you again and they bombarded with lots of annoying question until he gave in. Yoochun told him to not give up on his dear sister if Kai love her when they were in their high school and Kai promised himself to make you happy even if it’s not him. Seeing you happy makes him even happier. But he knows, that smile sometimes is only for show. Things happened a few years back cause a hole in your heart and you blame yourself for everything even it was no one’s fault. That year is a tough one and soon your personality even change when they weren’t around. But after a while you stated to move on but you still have that cold attitude towards people except towards the people you trusted the most.

He clearly remembered that you were devastated when doctors told you Yoochun is no longer in this world and your heart stopped for a while. Your mom couldn’t hold the tears any longer and burst out crying and you looked at your mom guiltily. Although you are saved but you lost one of the people you loved the most. It took you a while to regain your composure with the help of the boys. There is some other times where you were reminiscing alone. It hurts him where you had to move on after you had lose your brother. As always you are pretending to be the tough girl and always caused trouble so you could forget everything.

“You were dreaming.” You look amused. You were talking until you realized he was looking at the floor. “Are you okay?” you looked in his eyes. He locked eyes with you and that feelings come again. He is in his own world until he cleared his throat and looked away. “Wow, I’m parched.” He nervously took the drink and look away. “Yeap, you’re hiding something.” You nodded to yourself but he glared at you and says nothing.

“Sehun. You looked horrible.” You laughed at him. Sehun just came with his scowling face. “Well, how do you feel being questioned about marriage when you are not even interested about it?” he retorted. “Happy?” you said seriously but not a second afterwards you laughed at him. “Okay sorry, sorry. Do you wanna go home? Your parents aren’t here anyway.” You asked him and Kai patted his back. “Later I guess. This is your events for God’s sake Chae.” He groaned. “You were right about that my friend.” Kai stated. “Of course it is you idiot.” he frowned at him while Kai just laughed and they both starts bickering again. “Stop it you two.” You sighed and shook your head. Sometimes you are wondering how come the three of you became best friends despite opposites personality.

“Chae it’s nice seeing you here.” You froze hearing the voice. A high pitched one that is really annoying to you. You turned to see a lady wearing a long branded strapless dress that reveals its back, which is really inappropriate for the kids, and you scowled when seeing the owner of the voice. “It’s you, again.” You mumbled. Oh great, you thought. Sehun and Kai just stare, not interested at the lady in front of them. “Oh, don’t be such a party pooper, Chae. It’s been a while since we met although I’ve seen you a couple of times in the magazine. Hello, Jong In, Sehun.” She smiled innocently and her eyes staring intently at both Kai and Sehun, giving them goosebumps. “We’re happy actually, until you came along, Jiyeon.” You blatantly said. Jiyeon eyes darkened for a second but she manage to keep that fake smile on her face. Lee Jiyeon or so called the Devil, is the one and only daughter of the Femme Empire and some spoiled brat you have ever met. The two of you had known each other since elementary school but despite all of that, both of you had a hard time getting along with each other. She always wanted what you have and sometimes a little crazy. Okay not little. It was obvious both of you had a history together and it wasn’t pretty either. “Can you go straight to the point please? It’s suffocating here.” You asked her politely. Truth to be told unlike Jiyeon her parent are the sweetest, kindest and too nice to be her parents. Sometimes, you doubt that the devil is their child.

“Since you mentioned it so let me get this straight. Sehun, May I dance with you?” She battling her eyelashes and giving Sehun a cute expression. You wanted to puke on the spot and Kai just rolled his eyes. “Sorry, I don’t dance.” He replied with a cold tone. Jiyeon were surprised and embarrassed at the same time. You snickered and she glared at you.

No one says no to Lee Jiyeon. She can get everything she wanted with her status, fame and with her features. She knew Sehun is a tough one to get but she didn’t expect him to turn her down, again. She had to admit he got handsome looks but that’s not what she aimed for. Of course, she was aiming at the latter’s fortune and everything he has since both her parents and Sehun’s are in partnership so it is an easy target for her. That features is just a bonus but still, Sehun is a one heck of the top people in the country who owns shopping complexes.

Jiyeon takes a step forward, close to you, says, “You always get in my way and I really hate you for that.” She said. “I know and I’m sick of hearing it. You should know you are one of a mood wrecker here. So, better get lost.” The tone of your voice indicates that you are so mad and annoyed by her presence. “You are such a !” She screamed and caught a lot of attention from the audience. She almost slap you but you grip her wrist tightly cause her to whine. “You don’t want to get slap again don’t you? But what can I say, it’s your fault cheating with someone else’s fiancée.” Jiyeon paled while you smirked in victory and let go of her hand. Her face reddened from fuming as she screamed and went out of the hall. “Why can’t you be gone?” She yelled but thankfully the glass didn’t break. “Been there. Guess luck was on my side.” You whispered softly but smiled in milliseconds.

“What?” You asked when you turned to both Sehun and Kai, they both look amused. “I think Sehun’s sarcasm and rudeness is rubbing on you. Should I be happy or worried now?” Kai pats your head while Sehun gave you thumbs-up. “Like I said Jong In, I can take care of myself thank you.” you nudged him. “So, what now? I’ve seen a lot of people that I’m drained.” You dramatically said at both of them. “Oh please, you’ve only seen a few so don’t be such a drama queen.” Sehun snickered. “Yeah. Few. Says the man with a few words.” You retorted. “Kids, please. Sehun, I promise our dear little friend that she’s gonna have memorable memories tonight.” Kai winked. Both Sehun and you frowned at Kai while he grinned. “Suddenly I need to get out from here.” You told them. “Nah, pass. I’ll see you when I see you? Have fun yeah?” Sehun smiled and kissed your temple and went to Kai “Good luck.” He whispered and give Kai a pat on the shoulder. “Tsk, I don’t need luck.” You rolled your eyes at Kai while Sehun just laughed silently and left both of you. You were mumbling under your breath while Kai feigned a heartbreak. “Your expression says you don’t look like you want me here. Sorry to burst your bubble dear, but I’m not gonna let you outta my sight.” Kai grinned wickedly and you made a face. “Whatever. Let’s just get out from here.” You dragged him to the entrance before the party could end and you suggested somewhere else. Kai silently thankful to Sehun because Sehun knows Kai how much he loves you but you are so oblivious in this kind of thing and Kai made them promised not to tell a single thing. He rather be the one who’s hurt than his best friend. One thing for sure, if you’re happy with someone else and that’s it. That’s all he need.

“Should we get something to eat?” You looked around the place.

“I thought you have eaten inside.” He raised his eyebrows.

“That’s not a meal.” You made a face. “But it’s still food.” He stated.

“But I wasn’t full yet.” You whined. He laughed at your childishness and gently pull your arm, “Sometimes I have to keep in mind that we are not kids anymore.” Kai muttered under his breath while you were silently laughing behind him.