Chapter Three.

Why does it have to be you?

I took a deep breath and collected my thoughts before I stepped into the dressing room. It’s my first official day of work after I spent the past week going through job training. Sehun came up to me immediately as I walked in, since he was closest to the door. "Oh noona! Annyeong~ Are you feeling better today?" "Yeah, I'm fine." I assured him.

Everyone came over once they noticed I’d arrived to say hello. Well, everyone except Chanyeol. Not that I was expecting that, he already hates me and he had no clue I was the girl from last week since I was without my usual baggy clothes, glasses and messy hair.

I threw on a baggy long sleeve shirt and a different pair of overalls this morning and I’d put my hair into a side ponytail on the bus out of boredom. I just knew my sleeves were going to get in the way, so I rolled them up and got ready to get to work. The boys were getting their makeup done, as they have a show to appear on. Only EXO-K is here today. 

"Noona...What happened to your arm?" Kai asked, lifting it up to check. "These? Oh… I uh, just kind of fell." I told him, he didn't look convinced at all. Couldn’t blame him, I’m a horrible liar. "Yah, noona. I'm not an idiot you know. You don't get these kinds of bruises from 'just kind of falling'. Are you okay?" This got D.O and Suho's attention. 

I nodded and defensively pulled my sleeves back down. I’d rather them get in the way if it meant I wouldn’t be questioned. Without a word, I grabbed Kai's outfit since his makeup was done and handed it to him. He gave me a worried look and opened his mouth to say something before deciding against it and walking off to change.

I grabbed Suho's outfit but when I gave it to him, he wrapped his hand around my wrist and pulled my sleeve back up. "Yah, what happened to you? What's with all the bruises? Don't even think about lying to me." He said sternly.

It made me happy that Suho cared, it really did. They’ve only met me once before this, but they were already concerned about me and that meant a lot. I still wasn’t about to explain myself, though Chanyeol turned his attention towards the commotion and looked at me, then down to your arm. 

Avoiding eye contact with Chanyeol, I quickly pulled my arm out of Suho's grip and pulled the sleeve down. "I told you, it's nothing. I fell." D.O and Suho both looked at me like I was crazy. Nothing I’m not used to.

D.O opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by one of the stage managers. "You guys are on in fifteen minutes." He called out, not even bothering to look up from his clip board before he was out of the room once more.

Suho pointed at me and both he and D.O gave me a 'this isn't over' look before they took their clothes to change. Baekhyun and Sehun came to grab their clothes from me next.

"Thanks Sunyee!" Baekhyun said. "Good luck!" I told him before he walked away.

"Here you go, Sehunnie." Deciding at that exact moment he deserved a nickname. He beamed in response. "Thanks noona! I'll do my best!" I gave him a quick 'fighting!', and nudged him so he’d go change. That boy is like a little puppy, honestly.

Chanyeol just sat there and twiddled his thumbs while he pretended I didn’t exist. I huffed and walked over to the couch he was sitting at and dropped his clothes onto his lap.

 "Yah," He started.

"Don't 'yah' me. What, do you think you're too cool to come and get your clothes yourself?" I asked rudely, cutting him off.

He stood up and I only had to look up a little bit to make eye contact. He narrowed his eyes at me and I repeated the gesture. I do not want a repeat of what happened last week at all costs, and so I decided to do what I’ve always been to week to do. Stand my ground.

"You didn't have to throw these clothes at me either, now did you?" He asked with the same rude tone of voice I’d given him earlier. I raised an eyebrow and scoffed, turning to walk away.

He grabbed my wrist, and his fingers dug into a bruise I’d gotten a couple days ago. It hurt like hell. Tears were beginning to spring to my eyes but I forced them away and turned to Chanyeol.

"After what you said to me last week, you’re really going to try and push my buttons again? Isn’t one time enough?" I asked. He just blinked at me. With a sigh, I pulled my arm out of his grip.

"Well, go! You don't have that much time to get changed." I made a shooing motion with my hands and went back to the clothing racks and put back the stuff I didn't use.

Once he’d left the room, I pulled my sleeve up and winced at the sight. Great, re-bruising my almost healed bruise. Thank you very much, Park Chanyeol.

Waiting for the boys to be done was extremely boring, so I set out to get some bubble tea. Once I was out of the building, I walked around the streets for a bit before I actually went to get the bubble tea.

When I walked into the store, I decided I’d get some for everyone else. I got six bubble tea's of different flavours and snagged the mango one for myself, happily walking back to the studio where the show was being held.

 When I opened the door to the dressing room, the boys were just sitting down. Perfect timing, cool.

"Oh, noona! There you are. Are those for us?" Kai asked, pointing to the trays of bubble tea I was carrying. I nodded and had everyone pick out their favorite flavors.

"Where's mine?" Chanyeol asked. "Probably at the bubble tea shop I went to, waiting to be made." I said innocently.

His eyes narrowed, clearly indicating he was pissed that I deliberately got him nothing.

"Well, since you conveniently 'forgot' to get me a bubble tea, I'll be taking yours. Good thing I like mango." He said with a smirk and plucked the drink right out of my hands.

“Well, since you said mango’s your favorite..." I grinned and smacked the bottom of the cup, making the bubble tea splash all over Chanyeol. "Oopsie, my hand slipped!"

The rest of the guys looked at me, amazed at my sudden change in personality. Quite frankly, so was I. Just being around Chanyeol makes me angry because it’s like I’m back in high school again. By now, I was way too tired of it so I stood up for myself, and it felt damn good.

He stared at me as well, unable to fathom what had just happened. Lucky for me they'd all changed back into their regular clothes and the ones I'd prepared for today were safely tucked away, not to be dirtied.

I checked the time on my phone and screamed internally once I realized I’m going to be late getting back home. Since everything was all cleaned up, I sent manager-nim a text saying I’d be taking my leave now. All while Chanyeol was standing there in shock. 

"Well, I'm running late. Gotta be getting home now, bye guys!" They laughed and waved to me. I quickly returned the gesture before grabbing my bag. "YAH!!! GIRAFFE, WHERE DO YOU THINK-" I cut off Chanyeol's yelling by slamming the door and taking off down the hall.