I don´t mind.

Breathing

Chapter 1

I don´t mind them

It was not too long after transferring into the new school they started to bully me. No, this was not a problem for me at all. I was not really social open and so on – So I could understand it. But I have not always been like this. I have experienced that you cannot trust anyone. Everyone wants the best for themselves no matter what other have to pay for it. Yes, no matter what other people have to loose. I lost all my hope and believes in society. Why should I involve with others who want to destroy me if it would be good for them?

 

People say everyone will change – but I thought I would not. Destiny said nope.

 

There were only two weeks left until my entire school life ended. I felt relieved. I wanted to disappear – nobody remembering me. The question now was what I should do after school. I was not bad at school – better than the average. But I had no real dream what I should do. I only knew that I was creative and I wanted to do something to release all my creative energy. Something with art? Something with music? Or even design? My parents were okay with everything I could have wanted to do – but what do I want to do?

 

Remembering what the teacher said – I daydreamed while taking the subway. Next stop was my working place. Me as a painter, book writer, famous designer. But somehow I always ended up dreaming about becoming a songwriter or singer. My parents and my so called friends always told me that I could sing – but I feel insecure about it. I only acknowledge my writing skills.

Finally the subway stopped at my station. I worked in a very hidden cafe. It was so unique and it had a kinda vintage feeling to it. I really like to work there. The most time it was quiet there but because all the customers were busy reading books while enjoying their cappuccino. One thing more why I liked working there. Furthermore the cafe manager was really nice – she always worked together with me and helped me a lot.

 

Two Iced Americanos! …. Hello? Who has ordered two Iced Americanos?” After a few seconds a very handsome guy came finally to take his order. It was kinda weird because I never thought about someone like this. “ Oh thank you! By the way you´re cute.” What? Did he really say that? He wants to hit on me? This haven´t happen in my entire life because I have a so gloomy and dark character. I stared at him. This was the best choice to impress him. But he gave me a smile and take his two iced with him. “ Bye!” I could only stare at him. Something about him was so different... Or was he only polite? He is probably a playboy. I didn´t mind it at all and worked again.

 

It was late when I finally could go home. While walking through Seoul´s streets I started to daydream again. Only in my dreams I dared things which I would never do in my real life. Like stand up, say what I think and be sassy. Then I saw a poster of an audition at a shop window. This couldn´t be a coincidence. It was Cube Entertainments audition for singers/actors and also for songwriters. This was a sign. I took out my mobile phone and took a photo of the poster. //Even if you are scared try it !//– this was what I said to myself.

 

Suddenly a masked man came running towards me. I was paralyzed – I mean shocked because I couldn´t react that quickly – he pulled at the strings and bye bye my little bag. It was so unreal that someone stole my bag. And that is why I only stood there looking after the man who took my property.

By the time my stupid brain realized that situation an other person ran after him, caught him up and surprisingly knocked him over. Just like in a movie. He took my bag from that man and let him lay on the ground. After taking a step over his corpse he made his way into my direction. Then the masked thief got up and ran quickly away. My hero came to me and gave my little shoulder bag back. And jesus... he looked so unique. I mean he was not handsome in the way other would define it, but he was definitely charismatic especially his eyes. I noticed that I stared at him without saying anything. “Thank you so much!” I blushed because I felt ashamed for being so disrespectful. But he smiled at me – it was so cute ad funny at the same time. “ No problem. These people have to learn that stealing is not right.“ “Yeah.” After realizing that this was the best comment ever, I added quickly,” I really want to thank you properly. Maybe I can treat you with a coffee?” This sounded so wrong and I blushed even more – It was so rare that I talked faster than thinking about what to say. Now he probably thought that I wanted to go on a date with him – but I am working at a coffee shop! He smiled crooked, “ Sure, I love coffee – Iced Americanos especially on a hot summer day.” “ Yeah who doesn´t? I am working tomorrow at the Cafe Banana Tree in Sinsa Dong. If you want to come I will treat you.” “ Okay, See ya!”

 

After I finally got home I felt so exhausted. The first time someone helped me, was nice to me without having any other ulterior motives. I smiled thinking about it – the world was not that bad. And somehow I could be the one I wanted to – an somehow open person. But this thought would be soon forgotten again.