Memories

My annoying next door neighbor

Author's POV

She sat down on her bed and called Yoomi. 

"HAI LAE AH!" Yoomi answered cheerfully.

"Come and pick me up, we're going to go drink." Lae ah told her and hung up the phone.

Lae ah got dressed, took $100 from her wallet and waited for Yoomi in front of the building. When she arrived, Lae ah sat in the passenger seat.

"Hey!" Yoomi said when Lae ah was going in her car.

Lae ah ignored her and didn't say anything to her. Yoomi knew something was wrong so she didn't say anything and just drove off.

"Luhan and I fought again." Lae ah finally spoke.

Yoomi looked at Lae ah with apologetic eyes and didn't say anything. The car ride was silent ever since then.

They went to a near by club where Lae ah has finished 4 bottles of soju so far. The music boomed through the whole place as everyone drank and danced.

"Lae ah, that's enough now, that's your 5th bottle already." Yoomi tried to take away her bottle.

"Yah! This is only my first one. Pabo." She jerked the bottle away from Yoomi, "Hahaha. Pabo. You know who's more stupid than you? Luhan. That jerk. I CURSE THE DAY HE WAS BORN!" She said as she raised the bottle. 

"Ahjussi, give me one more bottle of soju please." Lae ah ordered to the 20 year old looking guy.

"Neh." He bowed politely and handed her another drink as she gave him $10.

She took off the cap with a cap opener and said, "CHEERS EVERYBODY!" before she took one big gulp of it.

"LAE AH! STOP NOW!" Yoomi took away the bottle from her.

"Awee. You took the bottle away from me. Just like how I took away Luhan and I's friendship." Lae ah said as she stared into space. 

Lae ah softly giggled and put her head down on the counter.

"Aaaah. Luhan you jerk. Why did you yell at me? I didn't do anything wrong. I was only lying when I told you we weren't friends because you were being so mean to me. But then you also cracked appa's table. Luhan, I hate you for that! But I also hate myself for yelling back at you." she cried.

"Yah, don't cry Lae ah. It's ok. You two will make up soon, I know it." Yoomi   her head.

Lae ah lifted her head up and saw a waiter taking away her soju. But before he could take it, she snatched it away from him.

"I'm not finished yet." she glared at him.

He bowed politely like the other guy and walked away.

"EYYO WASSUP GUYS?!" Kris suddenly popped up behind Yoomi.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" Lae ah asked him.

"Clubbing, like I always do." He smirked.

She put the bottle down on the counter and hugged Kris.

"Kriiiiis. I missed you so much." She hugged him tightly.

He looked at Yoomi confused but Yoomi was also confused. He laughed awkwardly and patted her back.

"Let's go dance!" She pulled away from the hug and pulled him over in the middle of the room.

She started to dance flirtily to Kris while he stood in front of her not knowing what to do. What made him dance with her was a flirty wink. Their bodies pressed against eachother as they danced.

She put her arms around his neck as he put his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him.

She suddenly felt a weird pointy object near her crotch. She looked down to see what it was. She gasped surprised to see that Kris has gotten a .

Lae ah looked up at Kris who had a huge smirk on his face. She pinched his arm and started to dance on her own.

Kris' immediately went down. As he was approaching her to apologize, another guy went up to her and asked her to dance.

She let him dance with her which made Kris not want to go to her anymore. As she was dancing with the stranger, she started getting dizzy which made her faint. 

Luckily, the stranger caught her. He looked around to see if anyone was looking and carried her away.

Kris' eyes widened in surprise as he decided to follow them. The stranger went into a closet and put Lae ah down on the ground.

Luckily Kris saw where they went and he banged on the door ordering him to open it.

"YAH! OPEN THIS NOW AND YOU WON'T GET HURT!" Kris yelled.

The stranger ignored him and continued on what he was doing. He unbuckled his belt and dropped down his pants.

Kris began to freak out and remembered he has a credit card in his wallet. He knew how to open doors with credit cards because he thought there might be a time where he really needs to open a door.

Kris slid the credit card in space between the door and the wall. When he was done doing his thing, he opened the door wide open and saw the stranger pants-less.

The stranger quickly pulled his pants back up. Kris grabbed his collar and slammed him against the closet wall. 

Everyone who saw gathered around the closet to watch. He continuously punched his face until he bled. 

He let go of his collar and picked up Lae ah who was still asleep. He scrambled through the people and went back to where Yoomi was. 

"We should take her home now." Kris said to Yoomi.

She nodded and lead him to her car. Kris sat in the passenger seat, Yoomi drove the car as Lae ah layed down in the back passed out.

Kris had already explained to Yoomi what happened during they were away. 

"Akbbwgtibitrnjfndc." Lae ah mumbled.

She woke up and found herself in a car. 

"You're awake now?" Kris said to Lae ah.

"Yeah." She said still drunk.

"We're taking you home now. I'm going to drop you off in front of your apartment ok?" Kris said.

"NO! I'm not a baby anymore. I can go there by myself." She insisted.

Kris shrugged his shoulders in defeat. Yoomi first dropped off Kris then Lae ah. She staggered through the hallway of the building of her apartment.

She went to her door and opened it with her keys but she didn't realize that it was Luhan's apartment.

Luhan who was sleeping in his bedroom suddenly woke up to a noise outside. He got up and went to his living room.

Lae ah the lights and saw Luhan standing infront of his bedroom door.

"Yah, what are you doing in my apartment. ert." she pointed at him with her eyes half closed.

"Yah, who are you calling a ert? You're the one who's in MY apartment." he walked closer to her.

"What have you been doing?" Luhan asked worriedly.

"I've been drinking, I've been drinking. I get filthy when that liquor get into me. I've been thinking, I've been thinking. Why can't I keep my fingers off it, baby?. I want food, na na." She sang.

Luhan looked at her weidly when she suddenly fell down making him rush over to her. She got up from the help of Luhan.

She looked up and saw Luhan's face which made her pissed off. She pushed him off making him bump into a cabinet where an old photo album dropped open. She picked it up and looked through the pictures.

"Hehehe, Luhan, look. It's me when I was younger with my bestest friend in the whole world. But he had to leave and he hasn't come back yet. And I actually forgot his name." a tear dropped from her eye while she flipped through the album.

"What are you talking about? This is my photo album, this couldn't be you." Luhan looked through the album with Lae ah.

"YES IT IS!" she yelled "Look, I remember when this was, it was when we went for bubble tea with his dad. He took my bubble tea when he finished his." She chucked.

Luhan stared at Lae ah. That girl that was with him in the pictures was his bestest friend. She meant everything to him. 

But he couldn't believe that it was Lae ah in those pictures becaue he remembers her name. It was Rae la. 
But it also surprised him that Lae ah knew what was the event in one of those pictures. It made him think that maybe it was her.

"OH! I remember his name now, it was Luhan!" she smiled at him cheekily not knowing she just said his name.

"Lae ah. My name is Luhan." He said to her obviously.

"OH MY GOSH!!" She dropped the photo album, "YOU CAME BACK!" she hugged him. "Come with me Lulu! I need to show you something!" She grabbed his wrist and dragged him to her apartment.

Luhan's eyes widened in shock when she called him Lulu. It was the nickname Rae La use to call  him.

Luhan sat on her bed as Lae ah opened her closet and stood on the chair that she took from the kitchen. She took out a small shoe box from the very top and back of the closet.

She stepped down from the chair and sat down on her bed. She opened the shoe box that was filled with old memories.

She scrambled through everything in the box trying to find the thing she was going to show Luhan. Then finally, she found what she was looking for.

The small light blue bracelet Luhan gave her before he left Korea. She looked at it remembering every single detail about it. The pain, and sadness she felt. 

"Luhan look. It's the bracelet you gave me at the airport. Remember?" she held the bracelet in his face.

Luhan's Flashback

13 years ago, May 17 2000. It was the last day Luhan was going to be in Korea. They were at the airport.

"Lulu, why do you have to leave? Do you have a different best friend now?" Lae ah cried her eyes out.

"No Rae La. You're my only best friend. Don't worry ok? I'll be back. I promise." he wiped away her tears. 

He took her hand and placed a light blue bracelet he had made for her in it. She put it on her wrist and smiled at it.

"Luhan, we have to get going." Mrs Lu called him.

Lae ah's dad carried her up his arms and started to walk out of the airport. She cried as she watched Luhan go up the escalator as he slowly disappeared from her sight.

End of flashback

"Rae La." Luhan looked at Lae ah with widened eyes. 

He now was 100% sure that it was her.

"PABO LULU! I'VE ALREADY TOLD YOU A MILLION TIMES, IT'S LAE AH!" She hit his head lightly repeatedly.

"You still have this?" he smiled as he took the bracelet from her.

"Yup!" she said giddily a little less drunk and alot more sleepy.

He grabbed Lae ah's shoulders and brought her into his arms hugging her tightly.

"I'm so sorry of what I said to you Lae ah. I'm soo sorry." he hugged her even tighter, "I missed you so much!".

He pulled her off of him and chuckled. She has fallen asleep. He carried her up and tucked her into bed. 

He put the small shoe box with the small bracelet on top of it and put it on top of her side table.

It's been 2 hours since Luhan tucked Lae ah to bed and he still isn't asleep from all the memories of him and Lae ah that flooded his mind.

"How can I not notice her?! I can't believe I never noticed that she, was my first love." He said out loud to his self before he dozed off into sleep.