Introductions

A Prince's Simple Life

Jinyoung was never one to introduce himself to others, mainly because there was no need for him to do so. Either you already knew who he was or one of his multiple attendants would speak in his stead as he waited to be addressed again. So when he was sent to the kingdom of China for an alliance meeting, the young prince was rather speechless.  

 

He stood in the corridor of the Imperial court house with the Chinese governor and his secretary as they waited for the emperor to finish whatever preparations took over 10 minutes. The 14-year-old stared at the older man, clad in his red and black uniform, while his brain tried to rake in his intro. There was no particular reason as to why he blanked out; maybe it was the pressure of his first official trip or the lack of servants to do it for him. Maybe. But he couldn't stand here like an idiot and embarrass himself, because embarrassing himself meant embarrassing his parents, and that was unacceptable.

 

It took a while for the gears in his head to turn, and with the pressure of watching raised eyebrows on the faces in front of him, Jinyoung finally opened his mouth.

 

"Hello, I am Prince Korea of Jinyoung," he greeted with a bow as elegant as he could muster with a gold crown on his head. But it was with his head down did he actually realize his little flip-around. Crap, he thought. He stood up, a blush creeping up his neck, and looked sharply at the secretary who was snickering behind his fist.

 

He was young but maybe a few years older than himself. With fair skin, and deep, focused eyes, he already embodied the ways and common features of China well. But he gave Jinyoung a snarky look that instantly made him frown (on the inside, he couldn't afford to make two mistakes in less than a minute).

 

"I'm sure that was a nervous mistake," the governor said. Jinyoung looked over to see the man with an amused grin on his face. "It's nice to meet you, Prince Jinyoung." He did his own bow in return, but not before motioning for the still laughing teen to  follow suit. Once they stood straight again, the man began introducing them both. The prince frowned slightly at the ping of jealousy he felt.

 

Eventually, after small talk and awkward glances, the emperor was ready and the group made their way into the grand room. The secretary slowed his pace to stick next to Jinyoung for a moment. He leaned over and whispered, "I hope we can agree together peacefully, Prince Korea." He snickered once more before rushing forward to join the governor again. Jinyoung scowled.

 

He hated him already.

 

___________

 

Wow this took forever to write (not really, only 3 days)

Sorry for a y first chapter, but I promise the others will be more interesting. I decided to add a plot twist which will probably be in the next chapter harr harr. Thanks for reading~