002

South Seoul Crew

It's an understatement to say you didn't sleep very well last night. Even though your father agreed with contacting the police this week, the letters occupied your mind and you had trouble to find a comfortable position to sleep in. By the time you found yourself drifting away, your alarm clock ringed, telling you to get up and get ready for school.

It's going to be a long day, seeing your full schedule at school and your shift at your dad's restaurant tonight.

After school you hurry home, put your hair in a messy tail and change into your work outfit. Tuesdays are always a very busy day for you – classes start early and on this day you need to work on your project with some classmates. Things are going rather slowly, as a few of them don't keep their promises and don't do any research or writing for the project. Because of that you always get behind on your schedule and need to hurry home to make sure you're on time at the restaurant.

Walking outside you quickly grab your bike, closing the doors and putting the key safely away in your bag. You freeze for a moment, looking up as if you're watching the late afternoon sky, painted red, orange and yellow, and in your mind you go over things to see if there's anything you forgot to do or to take. You nod to yourself, agreeing with your mind you can't think of anything that you've forgotten to do or take and check the door once more to see if it's closed. Getting on your bike you swiftly make your way through the evening traffic jam, heading for the restaurant.

Once there you place your bike at the back of the restaurant, making sure it's securely locked. Rushing through the back entrance you hurl your bag and coat to the side, putting on your comfortable shoes and head for the kitchen. The chefs are busy trying to control the whole situation in the kitchen while the cooks do their best to prepare the meals as perfect as possible.

“Hey Jiyoon!” one of the cooks smiles, waving as he catches your figure standing in the doorway.

“Hey, how's everything here?” you smile back. The atmosphere is pretty laid back – it can be otherwise sometimes. At times it's so busy in the restaurant, the cooks can't keep up with the orders and the chefs will go crazy, as they are in charge of keeping everything organized and getting the meals done in time. At evenings like that a lot of scolding and curse words sound within the four walls of the kitchen, but in the end everything turns out fine, and everybody's satisfied with how everyone's done their job. So far it's pretty calm in the kitchen, but the evening's just begun.

“As always I have everything under control” one of the chefs smiles dumbly at you, earning a nudge from the other one. “Right,” he snorts.

With the back of your hand covering your mouth you chuckle lightly, heading for the restaurant to meet your co-worker. “Ah no, not another shift with you” you jokingly roll your eyes at the sight of the guy in front of you.

Your dad – too stubborn to call the police for those threatening letters even if it's for your safety, makes sure there's at least one waiter at the restaurant. Customers can be really difficult to handle sometimes and in the past it occurred that one of the guests became a little rude and grabbed one of his waitresses by the arm, and when that had happened your father decided that there's got to be one man present per shift at his restaurant, and that's why you're working with Myungdae this evening. Myungdae is a little older than you, well-build and with time you've grown fond of him. You like working with him – he's a rather hard working man but from time to time he takes a break to joke around and he never fails to make someone laugh, including you. You can say he's kind of like a big brother to you and you know he feels the same way.

“Yeah well, I'm the one that needs to work twice as hard as you and your short legs won't be fast enough to get everything served on time” he jokes back and winks at you. At that you puff your cheeks, too aware of your short height and he knows it's a sensitive subject. “You know I'm just kidding” and lightly punches your shoulder with his fist.

“Yeah yeah, go! Back to work” and you push him to the kitchen, where a set of plates is waiting to be served.

All goes well that evening – it's not too busy nor too quiet and you and Myungdae are constantly busy serving the tables, taking orders and passing them to the kitchen. Every once in a while someone gives you a compliment about the food and you assure them to pass it to the cooks and chefs.

By the time it's nine o'clock you and Myungdae are sitting in the back – the door open so you can see whenever new guests enter and need to be guided to their table, munching down some food. “So how's your father doing?” he suddenly asks, making you look up in surprise.

“Just like always, busy working his off” you chuckle but it seems forced and Myungdae notices. “Are you okay?”

Normally you tell him everything that's bothering you, even boy problems! But tonight you don't feel like sharing your worries with him, in the end you don't want to make him worry too as your father soon will contact the police. It's going to be alright by the end of the week so there's no point in telling him anyway, right?

“Ah~ I'm just worried he's working too much, too hard” you sigh and take another bite. From the corner of your eye you notice guests coming in and you get up from your seat to help them.

“Wait.” A hand wrapped around your wrist holds you back and you turn around. “He's at his office now, right?” You slowly nod your head and furrow your brows. “Then go, check up on him. I'll be fine. We're closing in an hour anyway.”

As you blink your eyes a few time in surprise you tilt your head. “Are you sure? I can wait-”

“I think I'm capable of helping those people and the few guests we have left” and laughs. At that you laugh too and hit his chest. “Thanks, you owe me Myungdae!” you chime as you hurry to the back, grabbing your stuff and head out to unlock your bike.

The office is located at the bay, where your father has a few ships from where he gets his shrimps imported. He's probably working through the pile of paper work that never seems to shrink and you wonder if you can persuade him in coming home with you. He deserves it to call it a night early for once. He's always working and even though the business is doing great, you don't want him to overwork himself.

As you're making your way to the office, the light evening breeze caresses your skin, the breeze too chilly making shivers run down your spine. It gives you a slight odd feeling, like something isn't right. You try to shake that feeling away by peddling a little faster but to no avail. The closer you get to your dad's office, the odder the feeling gets.
Reaching the front entrance you put your bike to the side and notice a blue vehicle standing in front of the building. You raise your eyebrow and wonder if it's one of your dad's partners that's visiting him so late. It'd be weird though.

The building doesn't help much either to make that feeling go away – it's dimly lit and the staircase echoes, making every footstep you take resound. “I feel like I'm in some kind of horror movie” you mumble to yourself, while making your way to the third floor where your dad's office is located.

Just when you're about to walk into the hallway, you see three dark clothed men walking down the hall, heading for the office. You're quick enough to retreat yourself and hide around the corner, holding your breath as you hear them barge into the office.

“Mr. Heo” one of them begins, and you hear your father startle. “You know what time it is?!” The others laugh. The way their laughter sound make you cringe, giving you that feeling again. You slowly walk closer to the office to hear what they're saying as their voices are much softer now. In the meantime you reach to your pocket, in the hope to find your phone there. Too bad that whenever you need to work you keep your phone at home, seeing there's no where you can put it during work and it's not like you can check your phone anyways. You silently curse yourself and listen to how the man who'd talked first speaks up again.

“You're going to pay us or we'll make sure to bring this company down.”

Your dad, a man with a pokerface whenever needed carefully gulps before standing up, making the three men in front of him open their eyes and watch him closely. “I really have no time for this so if you'd excuse me?” and points at the door. At that tall blond man and the short brown haired man look at each other, raising their eyebrows as they turn to your father again.

“I don't think Mr. Wu will take no for an answer,” the shorter one says.

Mr. Wu, known as your father's rival, is the boss of the local mafia and your dad had sworn never wanting to get involded with him. Mr. Wu had offered him a deal back in the day when your father had just started the business. The deal involved some blackmailing to make fast money and that's really not how Mr. Heo wanted to build up his company. So he'd politely declined the offer and grew out to be Seoul's leading business in shrimp import in his own, truthful way. Ever since that day Mr. Wu felt a little revengeful towards your father and he'd promised himself to take the company down.

Your father could've known the threatening letters were from him, but he thought he'd left the city – or maybe even the country – the day that Mr. Wu's own company had dissolved.

So when your father raises his eyebrow at hearing that name the third man, tall and dark-skinned, chuckles. “Yeah, that's right. Mr. Wu is back and he won't leave until he has what he wants – to see you and your company go down. So what's it going to be, Mr. Heo?” he mockingly says, his smirk making him look like a mad person.

“That filthy thief won't get a dime! Ever” your father hisses, backing away when he notices the dark-skinned man taking a step forward.

You, looking through the gap of the door see everything happening. In your head you scold your father for being too stubborn. Why isn't he just paying them? That's all they want, right? When you see one of the men step forward and grab your dad by the collar, his other arm hanging next to his body with his fist balded you gasp and you quickly cover your mouth. .

“What was that?” Holding your father firmly he turns around and nudges his head to the blond one, telling him to go check where that sound came from.

You quickly look to your left and right, trying to find another hiding spot. Just when you're about to crawl away a hand wraps strongly around your arm, pulling you up and pushing you into the office. Your eyes are watery and you look to your dad with pleading eyes.

“Jiyoon!” he exclaims and he wants to reach out to you, but the man holding him is too strong to break out of his grip.

“Well, well” he smirks, turning him into a mad looking person again. “Your daughter came to save you? How cute.”

“Leave Jiyoon out of this!” he now yells, the vein in his neck visible and his cheeks red from anger.

“Then give us the money old man!” He pulls on the collar, making it harder for your dad to breath.

“Dad, just give it to them!” By now, the tears roll down your cheek, it hurts too much to see your father struggle like this, gasping for air and you can only pray he'll let go of his stubbornness for once and just do what he's asked to. The praying doesn't help though..

“Never” he breathes and to his surprise the dark-skinned man lets him go.

“Fine, if you don't pay we'll take her with us instead” and he turns around to nudge his head once more, telling the men to take her downstairs to their car.

“No! Jiyoon!”

“Dad!” you scream and the tears run down your face. Trapped between the two men you struggle to get out of their grip, but they're too strong. You feel your body weaken with every try of resistance and soon you realize it's off no use – they're with the two of them, if needed with three, and you're just a small girl trapped in their firm grips.

While they almost throw you inside the car and close the door with a loud bang, you can only shed tears and pray they're not going to hurt you – or your family.

“You know, the boss really isn't going to be happy about this” you hear one of the man mumble in the front seat as he slams the car door shut.

“Shut up. We first have to fix this” and he starts the engine. “Besides, I think he is going to like this” and you can just imagine that smirk on his face.

Crawling into a ball and hugging your knees tightly you quietly sob, wondering where they're going to take you..

 

 
 
 


Author's Note:
Please please please leave comments and feedback on this story? I don't want to sound desperate ¬¬, but I kind of am haha~ I just want your opinions :3
Thanks to the people who subscribed and waited patiently for this update (which took forever) and thanks to the people who subscribed after this update, it means a lot to me seeing you like this ♥

I'm going back drowning in my feelings for the Overdose video, Yixing and all the instagrams accounts that's been popping up ;___;

See you -hopefully- soon x!