001

South Seoul Crew

Stretching your arms you reach out for the alarm clock next to your bed, slamming your hand down on top of your alarm clock to shut it off. Yawning you turn to your side, pulling the blankets up until your chin and snuggling underneath them. After a few minutes you heave a deep sigh before you stomp of the sheets and climb out of bed.

It's Monday – the first day to a new school week – and you are anything but excited or energetic to get up and get ready. You don't want to be late though so nonetheless you get up, heading for the bathroom to wash up and get ready.

Skipping downstairs you notice your mom's left off to her work and your dad is nowhere around either. You figure he's probably in his office – sometimes you wonder where he got such passion and love to put into his business; he gets up, eats and goes to work and by the time he gets home he eats a little bit and goes to sleep, only to wake up six hours later to go to work again. You admire this and you wish that you inherited this quality so that you – eventually – can put as much love and passion into your own work.

While you're making your lunch for school you munch down your breakfast and because you're already busy with making sandwiches you make some for your dad too. You know he's probably too caught up in his work to even realize he hasn't had his breakfast yet while his morning started two hours ago. Chewing on your own sandwich you walk to his office, knocking the door before entering the room. “Jiyoon, good morning!” he smiles as he looks up to you.

You and your dad have a really good relationship – even though (when you were younger) he was barely at home because of his work, he always made sure to spent as much time as possible with you to see his little girl grow up. And you too always made sure you'd have free time whenever you knew your dad would be home earlier as usual, just so you could hang out with him. Even spending the day at his office was fun for you. You'd watch him frown, bite the back of his pen and sometimes you'd see him run his hand through his hair in frustration. And that were exactly the times when you'd jump up and run over to him, sitting on his lap and hug him. That was all it really took to make a smile show on his face again so he could start working again.

“Morning!” you chime back, walking over to his desk to place the plate on the table. “Have some breakfast.” Your dad looks at you a little lost, he's behind schedule and he really doesn't have much time for this. Smiling brightly at your dad you raise your eyebrows, as if you want to say there will be consequences if he doesn't eat them. At that he chuckles and eyesmiles at you. “You grew up too fast.”

After a little chitchat about some memories of the past – especially the ones where your dad took you fishing and showed you how to prepare it and your face almost turned green from nausea he thought were funny – you plant a kiss to his cheek. “See you later” and you leave for college.

College life is pretty dull though; you go to your classes, take notes, study a little in the library and before you know it you have to call it a day because the sun's setting and you need to get home to help your mom back at home or your dad at the restaurant. Your mom works a lot too and even though you've spend more time with her when you were little, you're not as close to her as you are to your dad. You never fully understood why though, she was the one taking care of you in the mornings and taking you to school, only to pick you up after school was finished. She was the one bathing you and putting you into bed and when you had a nightmare she was always the one comforting you. Yet for some strange reason you and your mom don't click that well.

Maybe it's because you're too much alike your father. People often say you're really his daughter – same hair color, same humor, same personality. You're both hard workers, putting all your energy into that one thing you want most, determined to make it successful and only quitting when it is successful. And even then you push yourself into continuing to improve it. Just like him you're pretty much a loner, not really a people person. You don't mind having people around you, but you don't mind being alone for a certain amount of time either. So yeah, maybe that's the reason you two have such a good relationship.

Right now you need to head back home to help your mom with dinner – her friends are coming over and you can imagine her being all over the place right now, hence you quickly make your way back so you can see in what state your mom is in.

And indeed, when you get home, your mom is running back and forth, mumbling something so fast you can't understand what she's talking about and when you tell her to calm down she snaps at you. Almost immediately she apologizes though, explaining she had a chaotic day at work and everything in her head is one big chaos as well. You chuckle as you make sure you're going to help her to get everything done in time.

Eventually dinner was ready by the time her friends arrived and you helped your mom setting up the table with all the food. Luckily her friends were so kind to help you so in just a few minutes everything was set and ready to be eaten.

While they were chatting their way into the evening you spent yours in your room, making some homework and watch a little television. Before you knew it a few hours have passed and when you walk downstairs you hear your mom and dad talking. The way they were talking sounds pretty serious and you can't help but overhear a few words they're saying.

“This is serious. Why aren't you reporting it to the police?”

“Because, it's bluff. You're overreacting, everything's fine.”

“Receiving six threatening letters in just three weeks doesn't sound like overreacting to me.”

While listening to their conversation your eyes widen and a feeling that makes you uncomfortable washes over you. When your dad got the first threatening letter he was really open about, talking about it to you and your mom. For a moment it got him worried, but he soon relativized it and putted every worry aside. Soon a second letter followed – you found it in the mail that day and without much thinking you had opened the envelope, not realizing it was meant for your father. All day you had felt nauseous, worrying about your dad and the restaurant and when he came home you had shed a few tears, letting him know how worried you are and you feel kind of unsafe.
By the time the third and fourth letter came your dad would just shrug it off – because they still haven't showed any sign of action after the first couple of threads he's kind of skeptical about the fact they are serious or not. You, however, agree with your mom about reporting it to the police but as long as your dad is stubborn and keeps telling you not to do it, you don't have much choice and you'll have to wait and see what happens.

“Maybe you should go the police station dad” you now interfere your parents, getting out of your 'hiding place' to face them.

“I don't think it's necessary Jiyoon.”

“But we do” you sigh, walking up to your mom to stand beside her. “We never agree on much, but we definitely agree about this” your mom backs you up, the both of you looking at your dad with pleading eyes. “I don't feel safe anymore..” you whisper barely audible.

This makes your dad look up in surprise, guilt shown in his eyes as he watches his daughter's vulnerable appearance. Even though he sees no harm in in these letters, he never really thought about you two. He assumed you only worried about him and the restaurant and never once came to his mind what it also made you feel. He heaves a deep sigh and pulls you in for a hug as he sees his wife nod in agreement. “Fine. I'll give them a call this week. Just don't worry okay?” and caresses your back. At that your mom smiles a little, happy her stubborn husband changed his mind.

After chatting a little about the rest of your days – and checking to make sure your mom had a nice evening with her friends – you decide to call it a night as you have to get up early to go to college and work at the restaurant later. You bid your parents goodnight and head up the stairs to your bedroom. Knowing your dad will soon call the police about the letters you feel a lot more safe and at ease. At least the police can try to find the people behind all of this to make it stop – you don't want to lie awake at night knowing there's possibly someone out there after you or your family just because of the restaurant.

Knowing your dad can be as forgetful as you can be you grab a post-it, scribbling down some words with the message 'don't forget to call them!' and you swiftly stick it to his office door. It's the one place he always come to and the place that has the most possibility of being noticed.

Once you're done changing, washing your face and brushing your teeth you lie down in bed, staring at the ceiling and heaving a sigh. Luckily you can go to sleep with an eased heart.

Little did you know calling this week would be too late..

 
 
 


Author's Note:
First chapter! How was it :3? I really hope you like it guys ;___;
Bare with my error and fails, just give me a head up if I have any and I'll be happy to change them.

For now I just want to know if you like the story ovo? Thank you for reading ♥ x!