the book proposal

The book ...

Two weeks have passed by and I’m really excited for my surprise .

In those past two weeks . I got presents from Leo .

Every day ken would knock on my door hand me a small present from Leo and say sweet stuff Leo told him to say .

It might sound cheesy and horribly cliché but it’s not. I imagined I would of got tired of these small presents after the first week . but with the start of every day I would just wait for ken to come and bring me my daily dose of happiness .

First day was a flower . second day was a hair band . third day was a bracelet . and so on for two weeks in a row . I felt like a princess .

Neither less I woke up on my special day feeling extra happy .

Getting off my bed and going to freshen up in my bathroom would of took me an hour on a normal day . but today it took me 15 minutes . I just couldn’t wait for my surprise .

I walk out of the bathroom feeling better than ever I Go to my bedside to check my phone . as I hold it I see I have a video massage from Leo . couldn’t  hold my excitement I open it quickly .

The video massage starts playing and I can hear ken’s voice in the background “ It’s playing . It’s playing”

And then Leo takes a look at the camera and smiles that breathe taking smile of his “ happy birthday rose . it’s our first time celebrating your birthday together . and I’ll make sure it’s going to be unforgettable . meet me downstairs in 45 minutes . don’t be late  we have lots of things to do” and just like that the video massage ended . it might be short but it sure made me blush .

But I didn’t have time to react to the video massage properly since there are 30 minutes left till Leo comes to pick me up .

 Running to put makeup and dress up . I barely made it in time . as I finished the last touches I could hear a knock on my door.

I wore a short minty dress. Curled my short hair into soft curls. applied some lipstick and did my eyeliner. wore my favorite pair of sandals . and wore the bracelet Leo gave me as a present .

I run to the door and open it excitedly . as soon I open the door I get pulled into Leo’s strong arms . he holds me in his arms and whispers “good morning princess” . he releases me from his arms to look at my big smile “good morning to you too my prince charming” I say as I peck his cheek . “are you ready to go ?” he asks as he adores me . feeling shy I nodded “let me grab my bag and we can go” .

walking inside to grab my bag I could hear Leo say “you look breathtaking today” . I lock the front door . and hold his hand . “look who is talking ? you look really good today” I say as I wink to him .

he was wearing a white V-neck shirt . with black jeans . it looked so good on him I couldn’t stop staring  .

“so where are u taking me today ?” I say as I play with his fingers .

“somewhere you won’t forget” he says as he runs his thumb over the back of my hand .

We walk for about 10 minutes then we reach to a small restaurant were we eat breakfast and Leo talks about our plans for today .

We are going to spend most of our day in the zoo . he remembered that I told him once that I want to spend my birthday in the zoo . and here he is completing it .

And then in the evening he is going to give me my surprise .

Finishing breakfast we take a taxi to the zoo.

The trip to the zoo was comfortable with us talking photos in the backseat of the taxi . and me just admiring how good we look together .

Arriving at the zoo . Leo pays the driver and buys us tickets . holding my hand he brings me into the zoo .

We didn’t stop for a second . I was really excited about everything . I would run to the animals dragging Leo with me . watching the animals play as I  take photos with Leo in front of them . he was just a gentleman he never said no and tolerated my stupid requests . just because it’s my birthday . I knew Leo was embarrassed with all of my acts but I just couldn’t stop asking them . knowing I have no other chance to ask him without him refusing.

Time passed by quickly and its already 5pm .

We decided to leave the zoo . since I got too tired walking around . leaving the zoo we stopped a taxi and rode it to a mystery destination .

I sat next to Leo resting my head on his shoulder . I started thinking about different scenarios for his surprise .

 “what did you plan Leo ?” I blurt out by mistake .

“something you will love” he said holding my hand close to his lips and kissing it .

Soon enough we arrived at the mystery destination . it was the cat café where we first met . where we made most of our memories .

Stepping out of the taxi  . Leo guided me into the cat café he opens the door to me and I can see lit candles all over the café . its empty . no cats . no workers . just me, Leo and those beautiful candles .

as in cue I can hear piano in the background and a soothing voice singing . I look behind me I see Ken playing the piano as he sung a romantic song . I never knew ken can sing . but that thought stayed for a second as Leo approaches me with a book . he hands it to me and says quietly “surprise”.

I take the book from his hand . I hold it in my hands looking at it and think ”my surprise is a book “neither less I took it with love . I look at the title and read in a whisper “ our story” . my fingers glide over the title and then my eyes notice something else . I read out loud “written by : jung Leo”

Almost bursting in tears I open the book with shaking hands . as tears gather in my eyes I start reading the book .

in the first chapter I can see a photo of this very café with date underneath it and a small paragraph . it’s the date of our first meeting . and beneath it it’s Leo’s point of view about it .

and with every passing page I see dates I have engraved in my heart with our photos . important dates such as . our first kiss . first hug . first time meeting my parents . first time crying in front of him . and many more

as I reach the last page I see a big heart .

“rose “ Leo calls me . I avert my sight from the book to see him on his knee .

“rose from the first time we locked eyes i knew you would be special and very close to my heart . but I never knew u would tattoo your name into my heart so quickly .knowing you was the best thing I ever did it’s like you opened a new chapter in my life a new book and I want to continue making more books with you . so here I am kneeling in fron of you. will you rose marry me ?”

I couldn’t speak from the shock and the warmth I felt . so I ran to his arms nodding and repeating the word “yes” . I could feel Leo relax and embrace me into his arms .

After a long hug . he releases me and wipes the tears I never know escaped . and after a long pause and exchange of loving words he looks me in the eye “rose . can I ?” he pointed to my finger . I quickly gave him my hand and he sled the ring on my finger . it fit perfectly . and I could hear the click of a camera . I look to my side to see ken taking a photo of us . he looked so happy .

Soon Leo and I were sitting in our favorite table .  I was resting in Leo’s arms reading the book all over again . opening the last page Leo took a pen and wrote down what just happened and ken brought the printed copy of the photo he just took  and glued it to the page .

“one book finished and many more to come” Leo said as he kissed my cheek. I smiled back at him reflecting his own smile .

that day I removed all of my favorite books from my desk and put “our story” there alone since I knew that  this book is the best I ever read . and there are many like that to come as long as I have Leo by my side .