chapter1

The book ...

sitting against the cold wall reading a book . Would be the most normal thing in the world . I enjoyed reading books more than anything else in the world .

as I finish the book in my hand I stood up putting another book aside with the piles and piles of book that surround me .

I walk into my kitchen looking for something to drink . I pour myself a cup of water as my thoughts start to wonder .  it wondered to the plot in the book , the romance between the two main characters . all the thinking got me thinking of my special someone . Leo .

Leo is my small miracle . I can never forget how we met .

it was a rainy day I took shelter in my favorite café . it was a cat café a block away from my apartment . I sat down between the cats petting them . as these two young gentlemen came in . for the same purpose I did . sitting a table away from me I could hear their conversation . but didn’t pay attention to anything they said since it would be disrespectful .

but I couldn’t deny that one of them was really handsome . our eyes met a lot . even lingered once . something about him just seemed so attracting . I wanted to know more about him . but couldn’t gather the courage to do so .

his friend must of noticed our battle of stares as a result he invited me over to their table . I couldn’t say no to him since he didn’t give me a chance to respond .  

I sat across them . his friend introduced himself as ken while Leo sat there in silence until ken elbowed him he responded “ I’m Leo” . he said it and these two words and that voice made me feel captivated by him . we locked stares again as I responded in a whisper “I’m rose “ .

we sat there for almost an hour as ken talked most of the time while both of us responded in three word sentences . as the rain stopped I packed my stuff preparing myself to leave . but couldn’t leave before ken gave me his number and Leo’s number saying it would be a pleasure if we met again and more stuff that I couldn’t get through my head as Leo smiled over ken’s shoulder .

after that meeting . Leo and I spoke often through texts . and we met occasionally at the cat café . he would just sit there staring at me while I read . it felt so comfortable . so right .

couple months later Leo and I started dating . it didn’t come as a shock to ken as he was feeling as a mother and kept saying “I knew it will come to this”  .

the story of our first meeting goes way back . it was ten months ago . yet it feels as if it was yesterday .

as thoughts of the past started to cloud my mind . recalling our first hug , first kiss , first exchange of confessions . a knock could be heard on my door . pushing those sweet memories aside I put the empty glass in the sink .

walking down the hall I could hear more impatient knocks .

“I’m coming . I’m coming”  I say as I shuffle faster  .

I open the door to face ken . he hugs me and walks past me .

“you know you take 3 minutes to open the door . it’s an awful amount of time “

“hey to you too ken . what brings you here?” I say as I close the door and follow him .

“you know it’s your birthday 2 weeks from now . so I’m here to ask you what would you like as a present . and give you this” he hands me a small jar filled with many small chocolate pieces.

I take it away from him and put it aside . “I told you a million times I don’t want any gifts from you “ .

“fine if you say so . I’m going to get you a teddy bear” he says as he looks around my small apartment .

“jeee thanks as if I need it . “ I say in a sarcastic tone .” are those chocolates from Leo?” I say as I point to the jar .

He nods as he mumbles away saying” he is getting you a great gift for your birthday . but it’s a secret” .

I would of tried to get it out of ken but I loved surprises . so I kept him quiet bout it . and every time he wanted to spoil it I kept him quiet .

“ you are not a fun sport” ken said to me with a frown glued to his face .

I laughed at his frown “well it’s not a fun sport to spoil surprises so zip it” .

After a small chat with ken he left me with a huge smile and went home .

he left me behind feeling excited . counting the hours to my birthday and for my special surprise .

I had high expectations from Leo since it would be the first time we celebrate my birthday together . I wanted it to be special and unique just like the fairytales I really enjoyed reading .

 I sat down across my huge window again enjoying my chocolates thinking of what book to read next . with a smile glued to my face . and thoughts of a smiley Leo in the back of my head .