Thoughts

Their Powers

What I thought was never important. And that even includes my studies. Those wolves have a close eye on my academics. If they see my grades dropping, they force me to understand all those formulas and things that I don’t have a need to know. I was already contented with the basic Mathematics and the English that I know. I can survive my life with this.

But they don’t believe that. That’s why the pack I ‘belong’ to is at the top of our year. We make up the top 13 of the whole batch. And of course, I was lagging behind. “That’s not how you do it,” Kai frowned. “Why was I assigned to teach you today? You look extra stupid today,” he added as he held my hand and guided it to write the right the answer. “Sorry that I look stupid. I never wanted to be part of the smart group,” I frowned as I dropped the pen.

“I should’ve told Luhan-hyung to teach you. You understand the lessons better with him,” Kai snarled. “That’s because he can kill me. While you, you only teleport. What good can that do you?” I told him. Kai held my chin and made me look at him. “Stop disrespecting me, Sujin. Or else,” he threatened. I was scared but I shouldn’t show it. I know I’m stronger than this.

“Anyways, let’s get this over with. If you don’t understand this now, the hyungs will scold me and Sehun will surely make fun of me,” Kai said as he picked up the pen I dropped and handed it to me. “Why don’t you rebel against them then?” I asked him as I tried to answer the next problem he gave me. “They’re much too powerful compared to me. Like you said, I only teleport. Luhan-hyung can use his telekinesis to throw objects at people and even controlling people with his mind. Suho-hyung can control water and make a sphere made of that substance to drown anyone who’s inside. Chanyeol-hyung can burn someone’s body and Baekhyun-hyung can blind anyone. Chen-hyung can electrocute, and Sehun can send anyone flying away. Teleportation is a way to escape,” Kai answered.

He did look like he meant what he said. “Teleportation is more of defence. You can avoid their attacks if your timing is right, oppa,” I told him as I finished the problem. “Are you trying to boost my confidence up?” Kai raised one of his eyebrows as I handed him the paper I was writing on. Wait, was I? I didn’t mean for this to happen.

“It’s annoying to see you as vulnerable as a pup, Kai-oppa,” I told him. “Wrong again,” Kai handed me the paper. “Try this,” Kai wrote on the paper the way he solves the problem. How the hell can he make it look so easy? I was really the stupidest of the pack. I wasn’t always able to go with their flow.

“You just put x here,” he pointed as he looked at me. I nodded, pretending to understand. “Then find the square root here,” he continued on and on until I completely understood whatever he was saying. “Kai, Sujin, we’re going now,” Xiumin said as he went by the library. He had a cold presence surrounding him. His presence hinted he was the frost, the complete opposite of the phoenix or Chanyeol.

“Okay then. Did you understand I taught you, Sujin?” Kai looked at me when I stood up. I lightly nodded. “Understood it enough to pass,” I answered before following Xiumin. And there, I saw the other wolves waiting for us by the school’s statue. They were all showcasing their powers there.

Suho was twirling water with his fingers. Kris had his feet floating. Sehun had wind to pass him for the dramatic effect. Lay was giving more life to the plants around him. Chen was making static electricity and playing with it. Baekhyun was making himself blind with his light. Chanyeol was trying to master his flames better. KyungSoo was bending metal with his hands. Tao was stopping the brown leaves from falling. And Luhan was only staring at us with his dagger like eyes.

I was filled with fear that I almost froze in my spot. It felt like Xiumin used his powers to stop me from moving. Nothing scared me more and filled me with more fear than Luhan’s presence. Kai suddenly disappeared from my side and went to Sehun’s. “Took you long enough,” Tao said as he kicked the leaves around him. “And that means you were so slow that it’s like I stopped time,” he added as he made time flow for the leaves.

I only nodded. I didn’t want to talk. Maybe I’ll say something that’ll offend Luhan and he might break my neck in an instant. Suho noticed this and splashed the water in my face. “It’s not like you to stay silent when being insulted, Sujin,” he smiled lightly at me. “Something bothering you?” He added. Sometimes Suho is this gentle pup who knows how to take care of everyone but usually, Suho is this vicious wolf who drowns his victims mercilessly.

“Nothing,” I shook my head slowly. “Nothing bothering me, oppa,” I said with not much energy in my voice. It wasn’t domineering like I usual talk but it wasn’t submissive too. “Are you tired? Hungry?” He said as he checked my forehead. “This is why I told you not to eat human food. You’ll get weaker,” Chen said as he stopped the electricity from flowing. “Lay, you know what to do,” Xiumin said as he gestured at me.

Lay stopped doing what he usually does and went near me. He wiped his hand over my stomach and chest. “You should take care of yourself more, Sujin. I won’t be around always to heal you when you feel weak. And also, eating humans isn’t so bad,” he said as my feeling went back to normal. But the fear stayed in my heart.

“You’re too troublesome,” Luhan said before leading the way to the abandoned building. “Your sole purpose being here is to be the mate of one of us. Female wolves are for reproduction only and you just let yourself be weak. If werewolves get extinct, you are part of the fault,” Luhan said as he went on. He had pride in every step he took. He was precise on his words.

I was only for reproduction so I doubt anyone was sincere here.

Except for KyungSoo who really doesn’t have an interest to mate with me. He had a mate once. But she died. According to Sehun, that’s what happened. She died because she protected the pack, especially KyungSoo, against the hunters.

Mentioning the word hunters is already weird. Though I really don’t accept I’m a wolf, hunters still creep the hell out of me. They murder wolves as violently as wolves do to men. Even the innocent ones. Like the wolves do. It may be karma, but still, my life is on the line because of this.

“I know,” I whispered under my breath. Luhan glanced at me and then quickly looked at where he was going. The others were following closely behind, without Kai of course since he teleported already to the building. “So how was your day?” Chen asked me. I snarled as an answer. “Try having your test paper burnt because you didn’t let a certain werewolf borrow your ballpen,” I said as I glared at the clueless Chanyeol.

Chen laughed a bit. “Let him be. He has a short temper since he controls fire,” He said as he patted my back. I felt electricity through my back bone, making myself stand up straight. “Stop that, oppa,” I growled at him. “Oops, sorry. I sometimes can’t control my powers after so long,” he said as he held his wrist, I saw violet lightning striking between his fingers.

When we reached the building, we were shocked to see Kai unconscious on the floor. The wolves looked at each other and I knew they think it was done by the hunters. But I think Luhan and I may think of the same thing. Hunters won’t do this. If they did, they should’ve murdered Kai already.

The boys’ canine teeth grew and they howled in the moonlight. Lay assisted Kai and tried to wake him up. And as usual, the darkness consumed me. When we entered, we saw a silhouette of a woman in the middle of the room. I noticed the claws in her hands and her red eyes flashing with lust for murder.

“It’s nice to finally see the EXO Pack after so long,” she said in an alluring voice. The boys all took in a deep breath and I noticed Chen covering his mouth in shock.

Was I the only one who doesn’t have a clue who this girl was?