Nearing Their End

Their Powers

Leejin turned her head and was shocked to see who it was. “Sunny, what are you doing here?” She narrowed her eyes. “Doing something I’ve should’ve done earlier,” Sunny said as she sped towards Luhan and managed strangle him. Leejin held her neck. “What are you doing?” Leejin coughed, falling to her knees as Sunny’s grip grew tighter.

Luhan was twitching already. Even he himself was questioning Sunny’s action. “I was always jealous of you, Sujin,” Sunny said as she turned her head at Leejin who was already trying to grasp for air. “I can’t hurt you directly since you’re my cousin and well, Luhan is a different case altogether. It’s such a coincidence you two are here together though. Are the mates getting along?” She added.

“Hyung!” Sehun screamed. “Oh shut up,” Sunny said as she shot him a glare. “But if your mate dies, doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll die, Sujin so don’t worry,” Sunny said as she smirked. “You’ll just get tortured until you can’t take it,” she added.

“I’m finally getting the revenge I’ve always wanted.”

“My work is done,” Choi said as she clasped her hands. She kicked Taeyeon’s body and crouched by Yoona’s body. “And your imitation of yeobo wasn’t that good. You should be thankful I didn’t brutally kill you,” she said before standing up. “I have to really warn the others, darn it. This is the first and last time I’m going to show compassion for someone,” she muttered before running off.

She managed to escape every trap set by SNSD and reach Chen’s group. “Oh nice job,” she said when she saw Hyoyeon unconscious. “But not a perfect job, Yuri escaped,” Suho said. “At least my yeobo is safe~” She said as she locked arms with Chen. “What do you think about what’s happening, Choi?” Kai asked. Choi scanned Kai from head to toe and then rolled her eyes.

“What does that mean?” Kai annoyingly asked. “I think SNSD is just a weak group of she-wolves and Leejin didn’t think this through and I think Luhan is with her already. There are a lot of traps ahead of us but the cave is North from here and if you don’t believe me then I’ll let you,” Choi explained. “Sehun’s life is in danger but I think Luhan’s isn’t, not really sure. If Leejin wants to kill Luhan, she has her own welfare to worry about,” she added.

“Anyways, did you miss me, yeobo~?” Choi said as she looked up to Chen and smiled at him. “Yeobo, can you lead the way?” Chen asked. Choi looked annoyed since Chen didn’t answer her question but instead of being controlled by her anger, she just nodded and went ahead. “We’ll be seeing the end of this story,” she whispered to herself.

“Where are the others now?” Choi asked as she turned her head to Suho. The alpha shrugged. “All we’ve bumped into were the girls and no, Chen didn’t flirt with them,” Suho told her. Choi gave him a contented smile. “Good,” she said then she turned back to where she was heading.

Because of Chen’s mate, they quickly reached the cave. It appeared really dark and scary. There were thorns and coal-like plants everywhere. But Choi didn’t appear afraid. On the other side, Chen and Kai almost felt like they would run away. “They’re deep in the cave and it’s better to kill Leejin before it’s too late. But that would put deer boy’s life at stake so it’s either they die or we all die and the world succumbs into darkness,” Choi explained.

“But she’s powerful,” Kai bit his lower lip, hating to admit the said fact. “She won’t be powerful. Look up,” she pointed at the sky. Slowly, morning was coming. This was the longest night the pack has witnessed in their entire lives and they were kind of glad to witness sunlight for the last time before they die. Or before they kill their pack mates. Whatever comes first.

“She’s going to grow weak and Sujin can take control,” Choi said. “How can we kill innocent Sujin though?” Chen asked. “She’s not innocent anymore! She’s more of a monster than I am! She’s the same as Lee Soo Man now and we must show no mercy!” Choi’s eyes flickered red as she said that. The three men gulped and nodded slowly.

That’s when they heard someone’s evil laugh and they were sure it wasn’t Leejin’s.

“Another one? Aish…” Choi said, ruffling her hair before entering the dark cave. After a few minutes, the others followed her lead. When they saw other people already there, they decided to hide behind a boulder. They were near enough to overhear Sunny’s conversation with Leejin.

“The sun is already rising, Leejin. Isn’t it better to give up now? I want to kill Sujin more than you,” Sunny’s grip on Luhan tightened. Leejin didn’t have enough air in her lungs to respond to Sunny’s taunting. “S-Stop this,” Luhan managed to yelp. “Why should I?” Sunny snapped her head to turn to Luhan. “Well, I’m practically saving the human race,” she continued.

“This… not only way,” Luhan mumbled. “If wolves like Sujin continue to lurk with the others, we are all in danger. I thought you were smart, Luhan,” Sunny’s grip tightened further. Sehun couldn’t take this any longer and he managed to break the ropes loose with strong cold winds. He summoned enough wind to slam Sunny against the wall and to give Luhan time to breathe. “Tch…” Sunny growled as her eyes turned red and she charged towards Sehun in lightning speed.

Suho almost stood up and exposed himself, luckily Choi pulled him down. “Waeyo?” Suho asked as he glared at her. Choi whispered,” We are going to see the king of darkness soon. We will be too weak to resist his spell once he’ll cast it so the least we can do is not to get caught, arasseo?” Chen gave Suho an apologizing look and the only thing the older can do is nod.

What Choi predicted quickly came true though. Soo Man arrived just in time and blocked Sunny’s attack. “Grandfather!” Sunny said as she stepped back. “I never thought you’ll try to steal your own cousin’s life, Sunny,” Soo Man said as he glared at his granddaughter. Sunny looked down, pure guilt filling her face. “The damage dealt was more than I anticipated. I have to undo this all. I should’ve stopped this from happening and just surrendered to the hunters back then,” he muttered.

“What are you saying, ahjussi?” Leejin managed to cough. Soo Man stared at her for a moment and then furrowed his eyebrows. He looked at Luhan who was having a hard time breathing still and Sehun who was frozen in his spot. “I need to undo this… repeat what I’ve done before to escape reality and hide in the darkness so we won’t harm anybody,” Soo Man muttered, earning confusing looks from everyone in the cave.

Soo Man snapped his fingers and everything turned black.

Everyone collapsed and dropped on the floor, unconscious except for the kind master of darkness.